Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Figment2.0

CF3CAEB2-02F2-40DC-A2C6-75C04527724B.jpeg

Figment2.0

Remember how gigantic the show building is and how massive the dreamport is and the fact the ride has been going through a box in parts it’s going to be great now you see it again I bet and that wheel is ready to be used again this is going to be a great show 2.0 if they use the entire ride building

RSoxNo1

This really is the attraction that should be using trackless tech. I discussed this a few months ago on a podcast and while #NotAnImagineer, I think there are plenty of "new tricks" in the Imagineering playbook to make this an amazing ride.

I think you could re-do the initial scene with trackless vehicles, but then have that be a new starting off point. Guests familiar with the original will love it, but you can do so much more now with that scene and the rest of the experience.

brb1006

Remember how gigantic the show building is and how massive the dreamport is and the fact the ride has been going through a box in parts it’s going to be great now you see it again I bet and that wheel is ready to be used again this is going to be a great show 2.0 if they use the entire ride building
Seems legit...

Homemade Imagineering

This has to be the biggest troll in theme park history, how Disney constantly teases Dreamfinder & Figment through merch and social media platforms, and yet they still haven't done anything with the attraction in 20 years... it's painfully hilarious to me, although I really hope all of this teasing pays off in the end when Imagination gets its long awaited redo. With this being said, I do wonder if they'd ever consider bringing back the old Dreamfinder & Figment Meet n Greet, in order to measure guest satisfaction and interest.

DoleWhipDrea

This has to be the biggest troll in theme park history, how Disney constantly teases Dreamfinder & Figment through merch and social media platforms, and yet they still haven't done anything with the attraction in 20 years... it's painfully hilarious to me, although I really hope all of this teasing pays off in the end when Imagination gets its long awaited redo. With this being said, I do wonder if they'd ever consider bringing back the old Dreamfinder & Figment Meet n Greet, in order to measure guest satisfaction and interest.

Considering that EPCOT Forever originally had plans to be hosted by Figment and Dreamfinder (to then be changed because Disney didn’t want to be seen as “promising anything”), I think the only way the two would return as a meet and greet is if the Imagination Pavilion stars them in the updated incarnation.

The teases we keep getting at least indicate that they’re still being talked about for a future update. Disney behaved similarly with the Hatbox Ghost for DLR.

Homemade Imagineering

Considering that EPCOT Forever originally had plans to be hosted by Figment and Dreamfinder (to then be changed because Disney didn’t want to be seen as “promising anything”)
I really hope this is the case, since you’d think Chapek and Iger wouldn’t want to include them simply because they’re not IP. I do find it interesting that many imagineers on their social media platforms, and elsewhere have given subtle hints as to what’s in store for Imagination. It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Imagination has been ignored thus far.

DoleWhipDrea

I really hope this is the case, since you’d think Chapek and Iger wouldn’t want to include them simply because they’re not IP. I do find it interesting that many imagineers on their social media platforms, and elsewhere have given subtle hints as to what’s in store for Imagination. It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Imagination has been ignored thus far.
Absolutely. To be honest I’m somewhat relieved that there hasn’t been an official announcement for an update yet. WDI knows that this next makeover has to be done right and given the budget it deserves, and thus far the higher ups haven’t seemingly been generous with funds when it comes to what EPCOT fans really want. They really can’t afford to mess up the pavilion up again.

Figment2.0

This really is the attraction that should be using trackless tech. I discussed this a few months ago on a podcast and while #NotAnImagineer, I think there are plenty of "new tricks" in the Imagineering playbook to make this an amazing ride.

I think you could re-do the initial scene with trackless vehicles, but then have that be a new starting off point. Guests familiar with the original will love it, but you can do so much more now with that scene and the rest of the experience.
It would take a lot of modifications to go trackless but I would not be upset or they could just use the entire building again and 2.0 the show idk what’s in store but figment has to have a psychedelic nod to it

RSoxNo1

It would take a lot of modifications to go trackless but I would not be upset or they could just use the entire building again and 2.0 the show idk what’s in store but figment has to have a psychedelic nod to it
The initial budget for an Imagination redo should be enough for a gut of the building that would allow for trackless tech. That was years ago though.

UNCgolf

The initial budget for an Imagination redo should be enough for a gut of the building that would allow for trackless tech. That was years ago though.

I think I would prefer they not use the trackless tech. It almost requires gigantic rooms in order to take full advantage of the technology (otherwise the ride would probably work on a track), and also seems to need large ride vehicles in order to keep the hourly capacity up. I believe Imagination needs something a bit more intimate.

Mystic Manor looks great, but even it occasionally feels like the scale is too large for what they're trying to do.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

At this point, if they drop Figment from his attraction anytime in the next 7 or so years as apart of an update, I'd really be questioning the way the execs are thinking. His popularity among guests only seems to be increasing atm, and to kill that for something like Inside Out or another IP would absolutely baffle me. Never say never though, especially with the company in its current state...

lazyboy97o

I think I would prefer they not use the trackless tech. It almost requires gigantic rooms in order to take full advantage of the technology (otherwise the ride would probably work on a track), and also seems to need large ride vehicles in order to keep the hourly capacity up. I believe Imagination needs something a bit more intimate.

Mystic Manor looks great, but even it occasionally feels like the scale is too large for what they're trying to do.
True trackless is one of those things that sounds cool but really is a very expense way of enabling bad habits, particularly a lack of commitment. The money could be better utilized using guide wire trackless like is used on the Tower of Terror and was used on The Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy. Contemporary technology allows for smaller, more spritely vehicles that can not only follow paths, but diverge, backtrack, crossover, and pretty much imitate all of the cool tricks associated with true trackless vehicles. You can also get that intimacy because you're dealing with a fixed path that is known and designed around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom