Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

trainplane3

Too bad he's apparently too busy working on the crappy Splash Mountain retheme. #ThanksFrederickChambers
"Creative adviser". I wouldn't call it working, I'd call it "sticking his name on a project to appease the group that's against the splash overhaul when all they're doing is agreeing with whatever the current generation of WDI wants to do because they have all the input and he has none".

What a mouthful.

*Personally not against the splash overhaul but not a big fan of it. Just want to see what the end result is before I can judge it*

Homemade Imagineering

I’m still hoping they didn’t announce a JII redo last D23 on purpose. I’m optimistic they’re saving it for 2025, and they’ve certainly given us slight hints here and there. It’s pretty sad how the only truly timeless attraction in Epcot was ruined the most out of all of them.

Mickeynerd17

I’m still hoping they didn’t announce a JII redo last D23 on purpose. I’m optimistic they’re saving it for 2025, and they’ve certainly given us slight hints here and there. It’s pretty sad how the only truly timeless attraction in Epcot was ruined the most out of all of them.
I really hope your right about that one.

I would literally forgive everything else they've done to EPCOT for this overhaul if they bring back Dreamfinder and Figment together again. I'm THAT desperate.

Haymarket2008

Despite the fact that I am an enormous Figment fan, I do think that we're going to end up with the redo we've waited for. There are just too many signs and references to ignore in the language of the people working on the Epcot overhaul. Predominantly Zach Riddley. I'd bet lots of money that it is coming. Slowly, very slowly, but still on its way.

Homemade Imagineering

Despite the fact that I am an enormous Figment fan, I do think that we're going to end up with the redo we've waited for. There are just too many signs and references to ignore in the language of the people working on the Epcot overhaul. Predominantly Zach Riddley. I'd bet lots of money that it is coming. Slowly, very slowly, but still on its way.
I’d certainly like to think so. It also seems that any plans to shoehorn Inside Out into the pavillion are dead, which is a good sign of things to come. I believe the Inside Out proposal didn’t even include Figment, according to an insider here.

Mickeynerd17

I’d certainly like to think so. It also seems that any plans to shoehorn Inside Out into the pavillion are dead, which is a good sign of things to come. I believe the Inside Out proposal didn’t even include Figment, according to an insider here.
Yea, somebody on this forum did.

I could not imagine them killing the center of one of the most popular parts of the Parks fandom instantly like that, but then again I also didn't imagine they would destroy FoN, so...

Homemade Imagineering

They wanted to spend hundreds of millions on the crap of the central spine - and it’s their fault it was so neglected - whilst this building still sits like this a hundred yards away.

Talk about getting it wrong.
Yeah, it’s mind boggling to me why they didn’t jump on the opportunity to revitalize this attraction for once and for all. At this point, I’m guessing plans for this are off the table, or are simply paused at the moment. I don’t know if you’ve answered this question yet, but with everything going on do you think it’s even realistic at this point to see a new attraction come to fruition around 2025 still? I feel like it’ll be further pushed back because of everything that’s happened.

Mickeynerd17

They wanted to spend hundreds of millions on the crap of the central spine - and it’s their fault it was so neglected - whilst this building still sits like this a hundred yards away.

Talk about getting it wrong.
100% correct.

The only thing they've really gotten correct since 1996 is Test Track. Everything else has been either a shadow of its former self or a complete failure. They're just finally having to deal with a park they completely messed up 20+ years ago because people only want to come to it now for the booze and maybe a spin on Test Track or Soarin.

If they had fixed Epcot before HWS, this would be a totally different story, but that's a whole different argument on which park was more desperately needing help at the time. Innoventions was still somewhat a real thing back then.

Even better, if DLP wasn't such a financial failure, we might have had an entirely different Future World. One with an updated Horizons, a real Imagination, and plenty more substantial updates because the cash could've been there, but instead we got another park that hasn't made money until a few years ago.

Sigh.

UNCgolf

100% correct.

The only thing they've really gotten correct since 1996 is Test Track. Everything else has been either a shadow of its former self or a complete failure. They're just finally having to deal with a park they completely messed up 20+ years ago because people only want to come to it now for the booze and maybe a spin on Test Track or Soarin.

If they had fixed Epcot before HWS, this would be a totally different story, but that's a whole different argument on which park was more desperately needing help at the time. Innoventions was still somewhat a real thing back then.

Even better, if DLP wasn't such a financial failure, we might have had an entirely different Future World. One with an updated Horizons, a real Imagination, and plenty more substantial updates because the cash could've been there, but instead we got another park that hasn't made money until a few years ago.

Sigh.

Even Test Track wasn't as good as World of Motion and its pavilion, but it wasn't a serious downgrade like almost everything else they've done. It was still a solid experience, if slightly lesser than what existed before.

Mickeynerd17

Even Test Track wasn't as good as World of Motion and its pavilion, but it wasn't a serious downgrade like almost everything else they've done. It was still a solid experience, if slightly lesser than what existed before.
Sure, it wasn't as solid in comparison to the EPCOT Center classics, but it was quite a solid attraction by itself with lots of theming in the queue, and IMHO in the ride itself. We downgraded in 2013 with the current where everything is either a screen or a couple of light effects.

I would even say Ellen wasn't a serious downgrade either. It actually worked for the first 5-10 years after it opened, but got really old once we hit the 2010s. Count current SSE in that too minus descent.

Everything else has been pretty bad. Nemo was forced into the Seas, Innoventions was a failure, Imagination, Frozen was a last-minute capitalization on a hit film, the complete waste of space that is Wonders of Life, and the list keeps going.

The one pavilion that really has survived through this nonsense is The Land, but it hasn't had a substantial update since 2005. Living with the Land is still quite popular, and its literally a boat ride through greenhouses!

Disney Maddux

Sure, it wasn't as solid in comparison to the EPCOT Center classics, but it was quite a solid attraction by itself with lots of theming in the queue, and IMHO in the ride itself. We downgraded in 2013 with the current where everything is either a screen or a couple of light effects.

I would even say Ellen wasn't a serious downgrade either. It actually worked for the first 5-10 years after it opened, but got really old once we hit the 2010s. Count current SSE in that too minus descent.

Everything else has been pretty bad. Nemo was forced into the Seas, Innoventions was a failure, Imagination, Frozen was a last-minute capitalization on a hit film, the complete waste of space that is Wonders of Life, and the list keeps going.

The one pavilion that really has survived through this nonsense is The Land, but it hasn't had a substantial update since 2005. Living with the Land is still quite popular, and its literally a boat ride through greenhouses!
I think The Land is completely fine as it is. Soarin's extremely long wait-times were fixed by the addition of the third theater, Living with the Land is popular both with regular guests and the main WDW community, and Awesome Planet has proven to be great.

DreamfinderGuy

The only thing they've really gotten correct since 1996 is Test Track.
Are you talking about creating a solid attraction, creating one that fits thematically with the park, or creating an attraction that's a worthy successor to it's predecessor? Because EPCOT has gotten solid attractions and ones that fit well alike since 1996, and you'd be hard pressed to justify driving through a warehouse with road cones being better than the majesty that was World of Motion.

That being said Awesome Planet "got it right" for all three, somewhat so with Soarin' (OG) too. The park hasn't had a straight line of failures through the last 20 years, how many just depends on the context you're viewing them with.

UNCgolf

I wasn't really counting Ellen since it was an update rather than a replacement, and like you said, it was fine at first before becoming outdated. And yes, I agree on Test Track 1.0. The whole experience counting the postshow was lesser than World of Motion, but it was still a good ride and if they were going to replace World of Motion they could have done much worse.

The Seas is mostly okay beyond the ride itself, and you can just skip that and go inside through the exit. There's not a ton of Nemo stuff inside the actual pavilion. Of course it's still lost quite a lot from its heyday when it was actually designed to make you think you were in an underwater station instead of just an aquarium.

Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides at WDW!

UNCgolf

Are you talking about creating a solid attraction, creating one that fits thematically with the park, or creating an attraction that's a worthy successor to it's predecessor? Because EPCOT has gotten solid attractions and ones that fit well alike since 1996, and you'd be hard pressed to justify driving through a warehouse with road cones being better than the majesty that was World of Motion.

That being said Awesome Planet "got it right" for all three, somewhat so with Soarin' (OG) too. The park hasn't had a straight line of failures through the last 20 years, how many just depends on the context you're viewing them with.

The Land is the only pavilion they've really to update without making it worse. Even there the central area is nowhere near as nice as it once was with the moving balloons and the fountain, but it was inevitable that the fountain would go as the crowd levels increased. Needed that space.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom