Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

I honestly don’t think we’re gonna get bluesky for this or most other projects relegated to singular attractions. The reason it worked for Dinoland & BBTM, was because of the fact the plans involved transforming a huge chunk of real estate into brand new lands & attractions all needing to be somewhat cohesive.

This right here is an obvious fix, to rebuild something in the same vein & scale as 1.0, preferably with The Dreamfinder. We’ve made it loud & clear these past 2 decades, so if they interpret that as needing to give us one giant potential false promise, that might not go over too well. Personally I’d rather wait it out simply because I don’t want this to be a very casual, “oh yeah we’re working on it”, but rather a “we are committing to this” type of scenario.

The same goes for SSE, although not because of the fact we’re anticipating as much but simply because bluesky plans for what would mainly be some set redressing looks VERY lazy on their end. Not a good look either way, especially with Epic headlining 2025. I’m not expecting anything in August for this park except TT details, so hopefully Disney waits this one out instead of spitballing ideas about a couple of the most anticipated projects

Bocabear

The original ride introduced us to Dreamfinder and figment in the first scene, then took us into the Dream Port...then ended withg some cute interactive exhibits... And a 3-D Movie. IMO they should remake the entire pavilion to be the Dream Port...a crazy whimsical Steam Punk repository of dreams and imagination... An introduction ride like the original, then wander around some of the rooms of the Dreamport with a VERY expanded interactive walk-through leading to the theater where the story would continue... Focused on one Narrative....We get our characters back in an expanded world... It never made sense to me that the 3-D movie was not directly linked to Dreamfinder from the beginning....Re-do the outer plaza fountains to match the new aesthetic for the pavilion...that sort of post Victorian Steampunk Modernism...bordering on Art Deco.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
They gut the ride and put a coaster in there... call it something stupid like "Time Racers" or something...
Better title AND comes with an IP
Tim.png

Bocabear

Would yall be opposed if the pyramids were changed? Not torn down, but no longer transparent, had stuff in it, stuff on top of it, that like.

The above pitch gets my brain going.
but no reason the pyramids could not still be glass... Imagine seeing the gilded machinery, turning gears and steampipes all up inside that space as opposed to nothing... It could look like it was designed to fit the Steampunk machinery of the Dreamport...Or the tallest pyramid could be like a hangar full of fantastical flying machines like the Dreamcatcher from the first iteration of the ride...

Last edited:

Moth

but no reason the pyramids could not still be glass... Imagine seeing the gilded machinery, turning gears and steampipes all up inside that space as opposed to nothing... It could look like it was designed to fit the Steampunk machinery of the Dreamport...Or it could the talest pyramid could be like a hangar full of fantastical flying machines like the Dreamcatcher from the first iteration of the ride...
Yes!!! I love where your getting at.

Homemade Imagineering

Would yall be opposed if the pyramids were changed? Not torn down, but no longer transparent, had stuff in it, stuff on top of it, that like.

The above pitch gets my brain going.
Only as long as encasing it would mean the space would be used to its full potential. They could rebuild an even larger Imageworks within the second floor with some more complex show lighting effects & illusions. Even expanding the ride track into the second floor would be bonkers & would allow them to include the rollercoaster drop element that was initially planned for 1.0. Don’t think that’s really possible though, nor would they ever commit to something that ambitious.

On the contrary, I think I’d much rather they remained transparent, only because I feel that some lighting & fog effects within the space could emulate clouds really nicely. Think of how the pavilion was illustrated in the Epcot overhaul concept art.

What they should really do is repaint the pavilion back to its original color scheme. That’d be a nice improvement that wouldn’t really cost anything, & if they are committed to this in the long term it’d be a nice hint of what’s to come

DreamfinderGuy

Even expanding the ride track into the second floor would be bonkers & would allow them to include the rollercoaster drop element that was initially planned for 1.0.
I mean, technically they could do that without the second floor. The roller coaster drops were still built, you just go down them slowly now. I have to imagine they could find a way to make them work with modern technology.

Homemade Imagineering

I mean, technically they could do that without the second floor. The roller coaster drops were still built, you just go down them slowly now. I have to imagine they could find a way to make them work with modern technology.
For sure, I’d absolutely take advantage of the sloped track segments, in an ideal world 1.0 is rebuilt from the ground up with plussed AAs, & today’s technology would allow them to pull out all the stops with anything they decided to abandon for the 83’ version. So much potential there. If they really wanted to lean into the coaster aspect I suppose they could extend the track upstairs, especially to compensate for a loss of track elsewhere if they decide on keeping the modified layout from 99’. Extending a show scene into the 2nd floor intertwining with a new Imageworks could be very atmospheric, ala Grand Fiesta Tour or DL’s POTC & their respective restaurants

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom