Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

aladdin2007

Lack of capacity if complete leveling of the inside isn't done, high cost of doing said leveling, needs to be brought up to code, and Magic Eye has more capacity than the former Carnium Command theater. Magic Eye also puts it next to a ride which means more people will notice it and go to it/and or the ride.

Really an Inside Out show for Magic Eye is going to be the hook for them to invest in the pavilion again. There needs to be a non-parks exclusive IP hook for investment in park originals, that's been a thing since the Eisner days.

Tiki Room? Don't dump money into it until you can shove other birds/Stitch into it.

Country Bears? Don't dump money into it until Big Al is singing "Love is an Open Door"

Splash Mountain? Despite not being a parks exclusive IP, it basically is in the US, and it was left to rot until it became Princess and the Frog.

Things like Big Thunder, Small World and Haunted Mansion are immune to this and Test Track has a GM bill.

Let me double down here. Inside Out in Magic Eye? Harmless! It's not worse than Captain EO next to Imagination. Not worse than Magic Journeys, HISTA, and now the Disney Shorts compilation. I get why people don't want the ride part, and that isn't happening. Figment sells too much merch in parks and is still a valuable IP to Disney. Having an Inside Out anchor next door will only increase the amount of eyes ON Figment.

Nobody will shed tears if the current film went, and will be happy if anything went into the pavilion that wasn't another M&G.
spot on,,,though Small World could use...I don't know they need to revert the front, back to how it use to be more open and with fountains, heaven forbid there be a fountain again...but different topic for diff thread I know......Actually I think if they are going to add inside out anything magic eye theater is perfect next to figgy. What's there now is a joke.

Haymarket2008

Lack of capacity if complete leveling of the inside isn't done, high cost of doing said leveling, needs to be brought up to code, and Magic Eye has more capacity than the former Carnium Command theater. Magic Eye also puts it next to a ride which means more people will notice it and go to it/and or the ride.

Really an Inside Out show for Magic Eye is going to be the hook for them to invest in the pavilion again. There needs to be a non-parks exclusive IP hook for investment in park originals, that's been a thing since the Eisner days.

Tiki Room? Don't dump money into it until you can shove other birds/Stitch into it.

Country Bears? Don't dump money into it until Big Al is singing "Love is an Open Door"

Splash Mountain? Despite not being a parks exclusive IP, it basically is in the US, and it was left to rot until it became Princess and the Frog.

Things like Big Thunder, Small World and Haunted Mansion are immune to this and Test Track has a GM bill.

Let me double down here. Inside Out in Magic Eye? Harmless! It's not worse than Captain EO next to Imagination. Not worse than Magic Journeys, HISTA, and now the Disney Shorts compilation. I get why people don't want the ride part, and that isn't happening. Figment sells too much merch in parks and is still a valuable IP to Disney. Having an Inside Out anchor next door will only increase the amount of eyes ON Figment.

Nobody will shed tears if the current film went, and will be happy if anything went into the pavilion that wasn't another M&G.

Correct. There is no downside. Similarly to Remy in France, if Inside Out never existed and those characters appeared as original parks characters, they would fit EPCOT.

To use your reference as it being an anchor of the pavilion, it would almost certainly be a catalyst for Figment getting his due in a big way.

WorldExplorer

At the very least, they need to take the Magic Eye Theater off Genie Plus.

The Lightning Lane door leads to the same area as the normal one and there wasn't even someone manning it when I went in there.

I know they don't have a lot of stuff to put on there, but that's just flat out scammy.

(To be clear, I wasn't using it. I went in for air conditioning and saw a very confused family scan in.)

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

I don't love it, but I'm ok with an Inside Out film in Magic Eye IF it then eventually leads to a proper JII refurb and redo (or restoration) of the pavilion. The theater has always had fairly random things. (Even Magic Journeys.). I actually think receiving Cranium Command using the Inside Out characters could work. (Basically how the emotions navigate the creative process.)

OSUPhantom

Inside Out is a great commercial success and as close to a perfect IP fit for Epcot as I can imagine. I would adore it in some form at the Imagination Pavilion whether on its own in the theatre or part of a larger refurb along Figment

Gusey

The only thing that makes no sense for Inside Out going to any part of the Imagination Pavilion is that they kicked Joy out of ImageWorks with no replacement, and put her in Hollywood Studios's Pixar Plaza. If Inside Out was coming to Magic Eye Theater, why move the relevant meet and greet out of Epcot?

The Leader of the Club

The only thing that makes no sense for Inside Out going to any part of the Imagination Pavilion is that they kicked Joy out of ImageWorks with no replacement, and put her in Hollywood Studios's Pixar Plaza. If Inside Out was coming to Magic Eye Theater, why move the relevant meet and greet out of Epcot?
Because Studios needed something this summer. M&Gs can be moved around all the time.

Moth

I feel like the Mickey M&G space can become a Joy M&G if the Inside Out film happens

Sneaky

I have a gut feeling WOL is eventually getting knocked down

Sneaky

And I do agree with you moth that inside out alongside figment is actually best case scenario. We can only hope to god managment takes the bait.

Moth

If they weren't that stupid, they wouldn't be have considered getting rid of Figment at all.
They learned from last time they tried yanking him out... or was it  actually Kodak who wanted them out? Early images had Figment and Dreamfinder gone, so can we blame Kodak or Disney in this case? Hm.
Don't be shocked if this happens within a decade if they can't decide what to do with the space. Almost everything there to be archived has been archived. Almost everything else they didn't grab themselves that could be archived has been snatched up by urban exploration.

And I do agree with you moth that inside out alongside figment is actually best case scenario. We can only hope to god managment takes the bait.
God I pray and pray.

I think having multiple subjects in a pavilion enhances it more than having a 'main focus'.

The Land, for example, that has Soarin' and Living with the Land, two different things. I don't see why Figment should take up the entire Imagination pavilion, especially when they have the chance for seamless IP incorporation.

I genuinely think Inside Out getting something in Magic Eye is our ticket to Imagination 4.

Sneaky

Don't be shocked if this happens within a decade if they can't decide what to do with the space. Almost everything there to be archived has been archived. Almost everything else they didn't grab themselves that could be archived has been snatched up by urban exploration.
That gives me comfort that it wasn’t just total destruction with its remains, I do feel bad for WOL fans probably never getting the update they wanted, and that We will prob never get into the gold dome again. While inside out in WOL wouldve been a dream, Inside out being our ticket to figment four is more than enough for me. I salute you WOL. Your (hypothetical) sacrifice will be remembered.

Sneaky

Some users on this forum:
“They’re opening our minds to new ideas! KILL THEM!”

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 27

DreamfinderGuy

Don't be shocked if this happens within a decade if they can't decide what to do with the space.
Yes.
Almost everything there to be archived has been archived. Almost everything else they didn't grab themselves that could be archived has been snatched up by urban exploration.
There is nothing left in the building to archive. Anything that was not taken by the archives in 2019 was destroyed (ironically including a sign that was supposed to be archived).
That gives me comfort that it wasn’t just total destruction with its remains,
About that...

Moth

There is nothing left in the building to archive. Anything that was not taken by the archives in 2019 was destroyed (ironically including a sign that was supposed to be archived).
Me walking out of WOL with a floor tile shaped stomach:

But yeah. There's nothing left in WOL. Genuinely it's not worth to invest in the building at all. Use the space for something else. Weather pavilion? Time pavilion? Music pavilion? Whatever. Anything would be better than an ugly, slowly falling apart, orange dome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom