Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

Yeah almost every summer before D23 & sometimes even Destination D JII rumors reappear like clockwork, it’s the same with DL’s Peoplemover. Can’t say I’m surprised there are rumors but I am sure there’s folks at WDI constantly discussing it. I’m not getting my hopes high for anything this year, I’ve learned my lesson from previous D23s.

Only thing is, projects like Tropical Americas & BBTM have already been bluesky announced which kind of bothers me in the sense that I’m not as excited for their renouncements even if it comes with more details (that is especially true for Tropical Americas considering they’re already set on Encanto, Indiana Jones, etc…). In short I really want some wildcard announcements, whether that’s JII, SSE, WoL, or something else entirely. Maybe we’ll get new Tomorrowland over at DL who knows, but I digress.

I think for Figment Destination D makes alot of sense. It’ll be closer to TT’s reopening date, & they can take it offline the following year (so basically mid 2026 Figment). That, or of course SSE depending on how things shift around

Sneaky

Mission Breakout almost came to FL until they wanted to put Guardians in EPCOT.
Also mean to throw off topic but genuinely don’t see how breakout translates to wdw tot, especially with the fifth dimension part. Would legit be an entirely different ride.

BrianLo

I’ve always wondered what’s the deal with the insane applause at anything and everything.

Do you know if they ask people in attendance to be enthusiastic?

I was hoping to get out West for D23 this year because it’s going to be a great one (just couldn’t justify the price), but I’d definitely hold my applause for worthy announcements.

There is definitely not insane applause at everything. Maybe it doesn’t come across at home, but there is notably different energy. From polite clapping to actual excitement.

The Figment character costume kind of fell off a cliff when people realized they were trolled. I think I started laughing when I found out the ruse. There was a very poor reaction to Zootopia with a golf clap and groans. The villainsland response was notably over the top and I think Josh even references that.

Chanting or booing over the absence of an Epcot project In Anaheim of all places would be cringey and incredibly juvenile. No offense to everyone who suggested the contrary, but there’s social pressure not to be an idiot at these things. As much as the keyboard warriors want people to turn up to boo… no thank you. That’s weirdly an obnoxious request and this is a fun fan event.

SCOTLORR

I really don’t understand why Inside Out would be considered for anything other than WoL. It’s been sitting empty for years and the franchise fits the space like a glove. Putting Inside out into magic eye when WoL is just sitting there makes little sense.

You can re-open a full pavilion with an Inside out version of Cranium Command, plus throw in the emotional whirlwind clone from DCA and a quick service. Very little investment (it’s not like theyre building an e-ticket here) that yields increased indoor capacity. It’s a big missed opportunity if they don’t cash in on Inside out in WoL.

DreamfinderGuy

I really don’t understand why Inside Out would be considered for anything other than WoL. It’s been sitting empty for years and the franchise fits the space like a glove. Putting Inside out into magic eye when WoL is just sitting there makes little sense.

You can re-open a full pavilion with an Inside out version of Cranium Command, plus throw in the emotional whirlwind clone from DCA and a quick service. Very little investment (it’s not like theyre building an e-ticket here) that yields increased indoor capacity. It’s a big missed opportunity if they don’t cash in on Inside out in WoL.
The only flaw is that Cranium had pretty low capacity. It was a 215 seat theatre, Magic Eye is over double at 588. Inside Out is an IP that would draw crowds, and unless you want hour long waits for a theatre show would probably be best to put in Magic Eye. Also helps that Magic Eye is approachable in the park, and not the dumpster fire that WoL is currently. It would take a lot more work to get the dome interior presentable.

GenChi

JII redos are like rumors of a new Banjo Kazooie game

Funny to see this finally brought up, this is a popular comparison I see often off-site alongside a number of other "never happening" characters or series.

They both are particularly infamous even outside Disney or gaming circles in that they are known for announcing a ton of new merch, various media cameo appearances, frequent announcements, etc but never the one thing people exactly want (a ride revamp or a new mainline game). Some argue they are intentionally marketed this way too to give them an underdog angle with that carrot always in far reach.

Surferboy567

They both are particularly infamous even outside Disney or gaming circles in that they are known for announcing a ton of new merch, various media cameo appearances, frequent announcements, etc but never the one thing people exactly want (a ride revamp or a new mainline game).
To be totally fair, Banjo did finally make it into smash that‘s a pretty massive acknowledgment from Microsoft. I agree though, he hasn’t gotten a mainline game in quite a while.

Figment has his own comic book series, and has appeared in Disney Speedstorm.

the_rich

With inside out 2 poised to become Pixar's biggest hit ever, I would think they want to get something in the parks sooner rather than later. It even has a realistic chance to dethrone frozen 2 as the biggest animated movie ever.

Last edited:

Moth

To be totally fair, Banjo did finally make it into smash that‘s a pretty massive acknowledgment from Microsoft. I agree though, he hasn’t gotten a mainline game in quite a while.

Figment has his own comic book series, and has appeared in Disney Speedstorm.
When you think about it, Speedstorm is like Smash for Disney in terms of being a giant crossover so that makes the Figment-Banjo comparison stronger and funnier.

Regards to Inside Out 2 and Parks: I think Destination D23 is more likely for an announcement. They didn't announcement the Disneyland Avatar stuff immediately after Way of Water set the world on fire. The art dropped like, earlier this year. I think Destination D23 is where we are gonna see where Inside Out goes in Florida.

Like I said before, I kinda exhausted everything I knew about so if anything interesting pops up on my radar and gets collaborated on, I'll let yall know. I guess.

FigmentFan82

Regards to Inside Out 2 and Parks: I think Destination D23 is more likely for an announcement. They didn't announcement the Disneyland Avatar stuff immediately after Way of Water set the world on fire. The art dropped like, earlier this year. I think Destination D23 is where we are gonna see where Inside Out goes in Florida.

Like I said before, I kinda exhausted everything I knew about so if anything interesting pops up on my radar and gets collaborated on, I'll let yall know. I guess.
Any rumor as to what types of effects the might incorporate into the theater for that 4D type experience?

Sneaky

Attachments

• Untitled18_20240620115224.png
    Untitled18_20240620115224.png
    221.4 KB · Views: 37

Moth

At this rate Kingdom Hearts 4 is on the table before Journey.

Not saying they will but it would be such an easy slam dunk to win at D23 with a Figment announcement. Probably not gonna happen though with all these other (exciting) projects.
Congrats! Figment is now in KH4.

[Monkey paw curls depending who you are]

If Hollow Knight: Silksong drops before Imagination, we're in big trouble.

Any rumor as to what types of effects the might incorporate into the theater for that 4D type experience?
I 'unno.

Figments Friend

All this gaming talk is going over my pointed head.

Let’s talk more about purple dragons, weak concept Attractions that have lasted far longer then needed, and a Company that just doesn’t seem to understand that the Imagination Pavillion needs a real upgrade.

No stupid unrelated IPs.
No ‘Inside Out’ nonsense…( put that elsewhere…)
No cheap overlays, no half measures.

Do it the RIGHT way.
No excuses, Disney.
Long, long overdue.

-

Cmdr_Crimson

All this gaming talk is going over my pointed head.

Let’s talk more about purple dragons, weak concept Attractions that have lasted far longer then needed, and a Company that just doesn’t seem to understand that the Imagination Pavillion needs a real upgrade.

No stupid unrelated IPs.
No ‘Inside Out’ nonsense…( put that elsewhere…)
No cheap overlays, no half measures.

Do it the RIGHT way.
No excuses, Disney.
Long, long overdue.

-
e0b2dabf18e03092d934df07d857ccff.gif

Homemade Imagineering

I honestly don’t think we’re gonna get bluesky for this or most other projects relegated to singular attractions. The reason it worked for Dinoland & BBTM, was because of the fact the plans involved transforming a huge chunk of real estate into brand new lands & attractions all needing to be somewhat cohesive.

This right here is an obvious fix, to rebuild something in the same vein & scale as 1.0, preferably with The Dreamfinder. We’ve made it loud & clear these past 2 decades, so if they interpret that as needing to give us one giant potential false promise, that might not go over too well. Personally I’d rather wait it out simply because I don’t want this to be a very casual, “oh yeah we’re working on it”, but rather a “we are committing to this” type of scenario.

The same goes for SSE, although not because of the fact we’re anticipating as much but simply because bluesky plans for what would mainly be some set redressing looks VERY lazy on their end. Not a good look either way, especially with Epic headlining 2025. I’m not expecting anything in August for this park except TT details, so hopefully Disney waits this one out instead of spitballing ideas about a couple of the most anticipated projects

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom