Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

And this is why I use this gif as my common reaction to any D23 annoucements..🤣
Chris-Farley-Smile-to-Shock-Reaction.gif

Sneaky

This about lines up with what I've heard.

There's no funds anywhere yet and SSE and Imagination will fight each other to see who goes first, SSE budget will be higher than Imagination's, and they're plainly indecisive what to even do outside of "figment is in the ride" because I've heard best case scenarios to the afformentioned "current ride with Dreamfinder over Channing".

The current plans on paper is that, prior to 2032, Imagination and SSE will get work and get make overs to be pretty for the 50th.

There's just been a lot of people yelling "FIRE" on social media over Inside Out 2 taking over Imagination so I had it reaffirmed Imagination is on the radar (after other stuff in other parks is done (BBTTM and DAK stuff)) and everyone's beloved little royal purple pigmented reptile is sticking around.

The rundown is: it's not happening anytime soon, I doubt EPCOT is getting much this D23 outside of Test Track, but maybe next D23 the first in line will get announced. All that's going around right now in my spheres are "figment is sticking around" "disney wants a sponsor for SSE" and "both will be redone in due time".

Just gotta sit tight for another 2-3 years. But they're chipping away at the list of stuff that needs to be done in WDW property wide before those two get their number called. But rest assured, by the end of the 2020s, our purple friend is gonna (likely) be in better shape.

That might be a disappointment to some that SSE and Imagination have to wait til MK and DAK get done before they start hammering out more concrete plans, but would you rather those two be a victim of things being stretched thin? The 17~ bil WDW is receiving is for the next decade anyway.
So we’re right back where we started… fantastic. Honestly, along with the rumored minuscule budget, and that it keeps getting pushed back, I feel kinda close to giving up on this ride.

alphac2005

Friendly reminder:

”Don’t believe everything on the internet” - Abraham Lincoln

The overwhelming majority of “insider information” is more a Figment of the Imagination than Tomorrow’s Child.
You're right As someone who's been on here since 2000, until construction takes place, we're stuck with the inferior Imagination attraction which has been in place far longer than the grand original. Expectations are zero until proven otherwise. We've had countless proclamations about the attraction over the years.

Moth

So we’re right back where we started… fantastic. Honestly, along with the rumored minuscule budget, and that it keeps getting pushed back, I feel kinda close to giving up on this ride.
I wouldn't say exactly where we started.

Figment has a film project in development, is making out of park appearances in things like Dreamlight Valley and Speedstorm, and we're getting heck of a lot of merch for him along with him becoming a defacto mascot for EPCOT.

We're a bit further along and I'd say in relative terms this is the "endgame". What else can they really justify in Epcot over Imagination outside of SSE?

Just gotta sit tight longer before plans become more concrete.

Like I said before, this is a blessing in disguise. The longer they sit on it and let it cook, the better dish we get. Nobody wants a rushed SSE or Imagination. Or one that's constrained by people working on DAK and MK.

Sneaky

I wouldn't say exactly where we started.

Figment has a film project in development, is making out of park appearances in things like Dreamlight Valley and Speedstorm, and we're getting heck of a lot of merch for him along with him becoming a defacto mascot for EPCOT.

We're a bit further along and I'd say in relative terms this is the "endgame". What else can they really justify in Epcot over Imagination outside of SSE?

Just gotta sit tight longer before plans become more concrete.

Like I said before, this is a blessing in disguise. The longer they sit on it and let it cook, the better dish we get. Nobody wants a rushed SSE or Imagination. Or one that's constrained by people working on DAK and MK.
Yeah Ik it’s probably a blessing but idk I just have felt like we have been here before so many times. I have felt burned so many times with this kidna optimism, kinda weary of getting hopes up again with figment Yknow. Not saying you are wrong, just with how far away it is things can change so much, heck even look two three years ago! So I’m not saying you are wrong to think that, heck you probably are way more knowledgeable on this than me, but I’m just gonna not get my hopes up till the day it is announced. Hope this is understandable

eddie104

Some new World Showcase additions, maybe featuring a magic Nanny or a Princess with glowing hair? An abandoned pavilion right next to their biggest E-Ticket?

Not saying they SHOULD leapfrog Imagination, just saying that they easily COULD.
I think at this point just to please the fans Imagination and SSE need to go down soon before or during more expansion of Epcot.

Moth

Some new World Showcase additions, maybe featuring a magic Nanny or a Princess with glowing hair? An abandoned pavilion right next to their biggest E-Ticket?

Not saying they SHOULD leapfrog Imagination, just saying that they easily COULD.
Poppin's isn't happening and... do you mean Tangeled??? Where would that go in Epcot hm...

Wonders of Life is also valid yeah.

James Alucobond

This. Imagination is definitely in the worst show shape in the entire park, but SSE is in the worst mechanical shape and capacity issues are dire enough to frequently overstress what we have, particularly in World Showcase.

Homemade Imagineering

Figment has a film project in development
At the very least I wonder if we’ll get more concrete information on the film this D23. I’m a little bit concerned because I’ve seen so many parks film adaptations like this go quiet after many years. I’m no expert on how these processes go but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be a while before we get the film

Brer Oswald

The fact that SSE would command a higher budget is worrisome to me. Either it means the Imagination update is so marginal that it might as well not happen at all, or the SSE update will be overkill (much like the proposal from 2019) and will fix things that aren't broken.

SSE definitely needs some TLC (and a proper descent scene), but I really don't want them to completely change it and ruin what I believe is Epcot's last truly great attraction. 2/3rds of the ride don't need their content changed. The ride will always be popular, and it's a great ride for surprising the typical cynics that find Disney to be "too childish".

Moth

Even a Living Seas overhaul could potentially jump Imagination.
Wouldn't go  that far. Seas seems relatively solved... unless you want to entertain completely removing the live animal aspect.

I'd put more weight into The Land getting an overhaul versus Living Seas. Haven't heard anything but like, let's look at the numbers.

The Seas had Nemo open after 3.0

The Land had a new show, Soarin' open AND ger a new film.

Spaceship Earth got a redo.

Energy was torn down and turned into Guardians.

Test Track is getting two whole new versions.

Mission Space got a new film/Mission Green.

I know this is a dead horse but I feel that it's time Imagination got it's ticket called.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom