Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Earlie the Pearlie

One thing that strikes me about looking at old POVs is how big the original ride felt. It wasn’t that much longer, but the pacing, music, and settings of the original made it feel like an odyssey. The current ride feels tiny. Like you’re traveling around a warehouse, checking off boxes. Which you are, and which the theme is. I don’t know if it’s possible, but I’d prefer eliminating the stops entirely and just slowing down the entire ride, because I think the stops contribute to the smallness.

Homemade Imagineering

Yeah I was beginning to think SSE’s infrastructure problems and TT’s sponsor were factors into whether the Imagination budget is lower or not in comparison. It makes more sense factoring those things in, but the biggest issue is the fact that we’ve waited over 20 years for this redo, and if it’s another fancy bandaid on top of a much larger fundamental issue, then we’ll be stuck another two decades with whatever it is they come up with. In other words, while almost anything is an improvement over V3, this needs to be either just as great if not even better than 1.0 was, and thats a pretty tall ask. Now I’ll admit, I’m no expert on budgets or anything of that matter, but reintroducing Dreamfinder into V3 without seeming forceful or contrived would require almost all of the institute theming to be removed, and if set changes are only kept to a minimum I am worried this will end up as another temporary fix for another two decades. Anyways, I am sure things could and probably will change between now and an official announcement, so I won’t get ahead of myself here, but the bottom line is this thing needs to at least standout as something unique compared to the previous 2 iterations.

Centauri Space Station

We need context of budgets of those projects to determine how much is going towards this.
$100 million according to a former poster who may not have the best track record
IMG_2356.jpeg

Earlie the Pearlie

Last I heard Test Track 3 was $100 mil. I know the original source who said that and was posted here is fuzzy but I heard $100 mil from other people as well.

I heard if Imagination happens it's around $45~ mil.
For context, because I’m clueless: what would each of those buy?

Moth

A tale of two posts...
The full attention isn't really ON EPCOT, it's on AK and MK but the issue is now when EPCOT50 rolls around, they dont want a ride built in 1999 that got some AAs glued in 2002 to represent their mascot and a ride from 2007 to talk about technology and the future.

So while AK and MK have the finest men on the line, ready to rock (and from what I hear, they're serious), Imagination is being pushed aside because SE needs some lovin' more than it does and EPCOT, especially as of 'today' with the glorified mall hallway opening, has been marked "not a big issue".

Great things will be announced for AK and MK. But outside of the possibility of SE refurb being announced (it apparently won over Imagination), don't expect much for EPCOT because there's not much really going on there because they don't want to touch it more for awhile.

You aren't getting Brazil.

You aren't getting Imagination 1.0 rising from the ashes.

You aren't getting WoL's space touched unless a sponsor steps in/a REALLY good Inside Out pitch comes about along with good box office on IO2.

You will get a pretty good Test Track 3 and Spaceship Earth 5 if what I hear is true.

But I'm sorry to all the Imagination fans, but Disney higher ups seem fine giving bandages to him just so they can sell "FIGMENT FLOWER FESTIVAL 20XX LOUNGEFLY BAG" and "WINKING FIGMENT POPCORN BUCKET".

Sneaky

The full attention isn't really ON EPCOT, it's on AK and MK but the issue is now when EPCOT50 rolls around, they dont want a ride built in 1999 that got some AAs glued in 2002 to represent their mascot and a ride from 2007 to talk about technology and the future.

So while AK and MK have the finest men on the line, ready to rock (and from what I hear, they're serious), Imagination is being pushed aside because SE needs some lovin' more than it does and EPCOT, especially as of 'today' with the glorified mall hallway opening, has been marked "not a big issue".

Great things will be announced for AK and MK. But outside of the possibility of SE refurb being announced (it apparently won over Imagination), don't expect much for EPCOT because there's not much really going on there because they don't want to touch it more for awhile.

You aren't getting WoL's space touched unless a sponsor steps in/a REALLY good Inside Out pitch comes about along with good box office on IO2.

You will get a pretty good Test Track 3 and Spaceship Earth 5 if what I hear is true.

But I'm sorry to all the Imagination fans, but Disney higher ups seem fine giving bandages to him just so they can sell "FIGMENT FLOWER FESTIVAL 20XX LOUNGEFLY BAG" and "WINKING FIGMENT POPCORN BUCKET".
Somehow I always had a gut feeling it was gonna end this way. Still crushed though

Moth

For context, because I’m clueless: what would each of those buy?
I need someone to pull the budget for some rides/rethemes to compare. I know we don't have a budget for Tiana. But TT3 is getting like, 1/3rd of the estimated $300 mil it cost to build TT 1.0, but like, inflation and stuff. Test Track's ride vehicles are also due for replacement due to general age so, it's hard to say.

eddie104

Well to be honest I feel Imagination was always a weird anomaly for Disney. It seems they never really wanted to commit too much to it.

If Figment ever got representation in a movie or show I’m sure they would be more willing to invest more.

MK-fan

Last I heard Test Track 3 was $100 mil. I know the original source who said that and was posted here is fuzzy but I heard $100 mil from other people as well.

I heard if Imagination happens it's around $45~ mil.
Where are these numbers coming from for Figment? More hoopla?

dreamfinding

The TT3 budget is provided in large part by someone else, and the SSE budget is probably massively bloated due to all the things that desperately need to be addressed with the ride system. I know people want a truly stunning Imagination, and that would obviously be great, but I also think people continue to overestimate the popularity of Figment. I feel Disney knows his pull is limited and is probably looking to be slightly conservative for that reason. Honestly, people will perhaps hate me for saying this, but I wouldn't mind something more in the style of Runaway Railway, created almost exclusively with projections, mostly because I find almost none of the animatronics or sets in the current iteration to be interesting in the slightest.
Speaking about the bolded portion: do we know exactly how bad the structural issues are? Do they want to replace the SSE ride vehicles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom