Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

dreamfinding

The TT3 budget is provided in large part by someone else, and the SSE budget is probably massively bloated due to all the things that desperately need to be addressed with the ride system. I know people want a truly stunning Imagination, and that would obviously be great, but I also think people continue to overestimate the popularity of Figment. I feel Disney knows his pull is limited and is probably looking to be slightly conservative for that reason. Honestly, people will perhaps hate me for saying this, but I wouldn't mind something more in the style of Runaway Railway, created almost exclusively with projections, mostly because I find almost none of the animatronics or sets in the current iteration to be interesting in the slightest.
Speaking about the bolded portion: do we know exactly how bad the structural issues are? Do they want to replace the SSE ride vehicles?

Homemade Imagineering

You aren't getting Imagination 1.0 rising from the ashes.

You aren't getting WoL's space touched unless a sponsor steps in/a REALLY good Inside Out pitch comes about along with good box office on IO2.
IMG_6748.gif

UNCgolf

Getting word Imagination budget is substantially lower than the TT 3 and SSE 5 budgets I've heard.

Like. Half of TT3.

Leaning towards "current ride with Dreamfinder over Nigel Channing and some set changes".

I'd honestly prefer they put it off a few more years and then give it a budget worthy of the original (and of being an E ticket). If they do this limited budget overhaul, it'll likely be the ride for the next 20 years.

It's similar to how I felt about the Play! Pavilion, where that seemed like such a tremendous waste of the space that doing nothing felt like a better option. That at least left the possibility open that the pavilion would see something worthwhile eventually instead of being consigned to a mediocre at best (and likely mostly empty within a few years) use for 15+ years.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

I'd honestly prefer they put it off a few more years and then give it a budget worthy of the original (and of being an E ticket). If they do this limited budget overhaul, it'll likely be the ride for the next 20 years.
It would be a band-aid on a 22 year old problem. It’s better to spend more money up front so you don’t have to worry about spending more money 5 years after the thing opens.

Invest upfront. Also, invest in things that aren’t a pain to fix. Also - preventative maintenance would have solved a lot of issues at WDW.

Moth

Where are these numbers coming from for Figment? More hoopla?
Mostly going off of prior Test Track numbers and being told it's lower by a substantial amount.

GM is footing most of the bill for TT.

SE doesn't need like, actual structural help. The dome itself is fine, it's just the track along with possible AA and effects being updated.

Maybe $45~ mil isn't the end of the world. The track and ride vehicles are still there and all that'd really be changing are sets and AA possibly.

All I heard is SSE>TT>JII (by a decent amount).

And hey, there's still years to go before they actually go forward with it I feel, the budget can go up more from here, especially with the animated project does well. It's not the end of the world, yet! This company is highly fluid and there's always pitches fighting each other.

At least that PLAY! Pavilion Figment design is dead and buried.

Last edited:

WaluigiTime

The TT3 budget is provided in large part by someone else, and the SSE budget is probably massively bloated due to all the things that desperately need to be addressed with the ride system. I know people want a truly stunning Imagination, and that would obviously be great, but I also think people continue to overestimate the popularity of Figment. I feel Disney knows his pull is limited and is probably looking to be slightly conservative for that reason. Honestly, people will perhaps hate me for saying this, but I wouldn't mind something more in the style of Runaway Railway, created almost exclusively with projections, mostly because I find almost none of the animatronics or sets in the current iteration to be interesting in the slightest.

It is also important to note that the Figment fans are already buying expensive merch with the current state of the ride so that is also another reason not to dump tons of money on it.

Moth

I need someone to pull the budget for some rides/rethemes to compare. I know we don't have a budget for Tiana. But TT3 is getting like, 1/3rd of the estimated $300 mil it cost to build TT 1.0, but like, inflation and stuff. Test Track's ride vehicles are also due for replacement due to general age so, it's hard to say.
ROTR is reportedly $350-mil. Cosmic Rewind was $500 mil.

Obviously none of these refurbs are touching that. The budget I want to know are things like Frozen Ever After, Test Track 2, and maybe the new Country Bears and over overhauls/refurbs.

You already got most of the Figment AAs in the ride already, along with the static figures at the end, so maybe the estimated budget can be stretched out a bit yknow?

If TT 3 is getting what I've heard for $100 mil, along with possibly redone/new ride vehicles, I can see Imagination stretching out it's lower budget well. Sure double digits on paper looks scary, but it's not like the track and vehicles need fixing. So that'd be the budget primarily going to AAs and sets.

It really depends where they spend the money at. Imagination doesn't need A-1000s as much as an A-1000 Figment/Dreamfinder would impress. It can get by using older AA models.

Slap on the fact the Dream-Machine (Dream-Mobile?) is still in archives and be probably fixed up and reused if needed...

I dunno, it can go a long way. I'm not saying doom and gloom yet but I am worried that the band-aid fix I've heard in the grapevine for two years is coming true. But who knows, maybe they can pull magic out of a hat. I'd prefer them to stay away and focus on SSE and get a better budget for Imagination.

dreamfinding

I dunno, it can go a long way. I'm not saying doom and gloom yet but I am worried that the band-aid fix I've heard in the grapevine for two years is coming true. But who knows, maybe they can pull magic out of a hat. I'd prefer them to stay away and focus on SSE and get a better budget for Imagination.
The dream situation would be the following: court a sponsor for SSE and get them to commit to an overhaul. If that would be a previously discussed sponsor, I think it would be fine. If TWDC isn’t spending a lot of their own money on SSE, that may free some extra $$ for Imagination.

Of course, it will probably never happen…

Moth

The dream situation would be the following: court a sponsor for SSE and get them to commit to an overhaul. If that would be a previously discussed sponsor, I think it would be fine. If TWDC isn’t spending a lot of their own money on SSE, that may free some extra $$ for Imagination.

Of course, it will probably never happen…
Hm. This feels plausible if they DO grab said sponsor, especially if it's the previously discussed sponsor which loves dumping money.

It wouldn't shock me if they're estimating less to Imagination because they're worried how much SSE will cost along with sponsor availability. But really outside of extensive track work (I don't think it's a full retracking, just getting it ready for another 40 years), I heard outside of some show scenes (Mammoth and descent are scenes I've heard specifically) not much is changing about the ride outside of removing SCREEEEEENS (fun fact! after covid there were small talks of a band-aid fix to turn off the screens and see what's left in the descent that they could reasonably get working) and new narration, of course.

I'll bookmark this post and dwell on it more, but I think getting SSE a sponsor can help Imagination in the long run.

zipadee999

Hm. This feels plausible if they DO grab said sponsor, especially if it's the previously discussed sponsor which loves dumping money.

It wouldn't shock me if they're estimating less to Imagination because they're worried how much SSE will cost along with sponsor availability. But really outside of extensive track work (I don't think it's a full retracking, just getting it ready for another 40 years), I heard outside of some show scenes (Mammoth and descent are scenes I've heard specifically) not much is changing about the ride outside of removing SCREEEEEENS (fun fact! after covid there were small talks of a band-aid fix to turn off the screens and see what's left in the descent that they could reasonably get working) and new narration, of course.

I'll bookmark this post and dwell on it more, but I think getting SSE a sponsor can help Imagination in the long run.
Any word on 180top and the space station being reinstalled? I’d love to see the astronauts, window girl, and the space station return in all their glory!

As for imagination, maybe they’re establishing 45 million as the absolute bare minimum with plans to transfer any funding that SSE doesn’t use. Where SSE is the Epcot ‘thesis attraction’ and weenie of the park, I can see where they’d like to prioritize it.

dreamfinding

But really outside of extensive track work (I don't think it's a full retracking, just getting it ready for another 40 years), I heard outside of some show scenes (Mammoth and descent are scenes I've heard specifically) not much is changing about the ride outside of removing SCREEEEEENS (fun fact! after covid there were small talks of a band-aid fix to turn off the screens and see what's left in the descent that they could reasonably get working) and new narration, of course.
Wait a minute - they’re actively talking about removing screens instead of adding? This is unexpected, but appreciated.

I’ve heard varying reports of what is actually left up there that works? I’ve also been told that they take new WDI people up there to visit + see the old sets.

Makes me also wonder what is going to happen to the mammoth scene. If they’re keeping the giant projection, new CGI would be nice.
Kind of childish, but glad I finally had a decent idea 😅

Earlie the Pearlie

That sounds like a pretty perfect Spaceship Earth to me.
I guess that just leaves me with three questions:
Any word on who they want to narrate?
Will the script be more serious, like Irons, or more like it is now?
Will there be a new score?
Thank you so much for all of the information you’ve shared with us. It feels like we’ve been in the dark on these for a while, so so much information is a godsend.

aladdin2007

ROTR is reportedly $350-mil. Cosmic Rewind was $500 mil.

Obviously none of these refurbs are touching that. The budget I want to know are things like Frozen Ever After, Test Track 2, and maybe the new Country Bears and over overhauls/refurbs.

You already got most of the Figment AAs in the ride already, along with the static figures at the end, so maybe the estimated budget can be stretched out a bit yknow?

If TT 3 is getting what I've heard for $100 mil, along with possibly redone/new ride vehicles, I can see Imagination stretching out it's lower budget well. Sure double digits on paper looks scary, but it's not like the track and vehicles need fixing. So that'd be the budget primarily going to AAs and sets.

It really depends where they spend the money at. Imagination doesn't need A-1000s as much as an A-1000 Figment/Dreamfinder would impress. It can get by using older AA models.

Slap on the fact the Dream-Machine (Dream-Mobile?) is still in archives and be probably fixed up and reused if needed...

I may be wrong but Im recalling frozen was around 50mill,,,,is that incorrect? If that's right that would be a comparable budget I guess to look at for fig....maelstrom to frozen was extensive especially with the addition of new track route...so a budget of that near size could do well for figment if current track and vehicles were to stay the same, show space however is much larger but its not a water ride either. Of course with inflation today and not to mention imagineerings general bloat,,,,maybe that wouldn't go far at all. 🤷‍♂️

Cmdr_Crimson

The merch thing is a double edged sword.

If you buy merch, they go "See?? We don't gotta fix it! He sells enough already!"

If you don't buy merch... "See? Nobody likes him! Yank him out!"
Shame it didn't work for many....But, then they too would be now singing Disney IP's like "Be our Guest," Spoonful of Sugar or other food related parody of a song...
sddefault.jpg

Moth

Any word on 180top and the space station being reinstalled? I’d love to see the astronauts, window girl, and the space station return in all their glory!

As for imagination, maybe they’re establishing 45 million as the absolute bare minimum with plans to transfer any funding that SSE doesn’t use. Where SSE is the Epcot ‘thesis attraction’ and weenie of the park, I can see where they’d like to prioritize it.
I don't have that deep specific info. I know general pitches but not specifics. But man, I'd love to see that scene happen.

I feel like the budget idea is plausible
Wait a minute - they’re actively talking about removing screens instead of adding? This is unexpected, but appreciated.

I’ve heard varying reports of what is actually left up there that works? I’ve also been told that they take new WDI people up there to visit + see the old sets.

Makes me also wonder what is going to happen to the mammoth scene. If they’re keeping the giant projection, new CGI would be nice.

Kind of childish, but glad I finally had a decent idea 😅
By SCREEEEENS I mean ones on the ride vehicles. Where a bunch of greasy hands touch. Yeesh.

Your idea is gold. That might be the play that happens if they grab that sponsor.

That sounds like a pretty perfect Spaceship Earth to me.
I guess that just leaves me with three questions:
Any word on who they want to narrate?
Will the script be more serious, like Irons, or more like it is now?
Will there be a new score?
Thank you so much for all of the information you’ve shared with us. It feels like we’ve been in the dark on these for a while, so so much information is a godsend.

Okay, to your questions:
1. N/A. I've just heard new narration.
2. Leaning towards more serious last I heard. Ultimately if a sponsor gets involved, their call.
3. God I hope so. I'd be fine with a reuse of 1994's though.

I have nothing to hide. I just share what I get collaborated by over half of my sources from varying degrees of importance throughout the company and those outside who know information. For all I know this could be an elaborate long term prank on me throughout years but, who knows. This company rapidly changes what it wants to do every day. I don't leak for fame, I'm actually horrified if anything I post here gets picked up by other sites.

Please do not perceive me 😅

I may be wrong but Im recalling frozen was around 50mill,,,,is that incorrect? If that's right that would be a comparable budget I guess to look at for fig....maelstrom to frozen was extensive especially with the addition of new track route...so a budget of that near size could do well for figment if current track and vehicles were to stay the same, show space however is much larger but its not a water ride either. Of course with inflation today and not to mention imagineerings general bloat,,,,maybe that wouldn't go far at all. 🤷‍♂️
If Frozen was $50 mil then, yeah I feel more less cagey about Imagination getting a lower budget. Mind you, Frozen also needed R&D in regards to AAs that would work in a humid environment, being a water ride and all. Hm. Much to think about.

Shame it didn't work for many....But, then they too would be now singing Disney IP's like "Be our Guest," Spoonful of Sugar or other food related parody of a song...
sddefault.jpg
Crazy thing is that I heard these guys a
were... back on the table.... (HAH!) for awhile because they wanted to give The Land more stuff. Once again, best pavilion. Without flaw.

dreamfinding

By SCREEEEENS I mean ones on the ride vehicles. Where a bunch of greasy hands touch. Yeesh.
This would be great, actually. Plus, you can scrap the entire on ride photo (which never really works).

Wonder what the plan would be for post-show? Again, I know if 🍎 gets involved, it would probably be turned into a place to sell their products (a la GM)
Crazy thing is that I heard these guys a
were... back on the table.... (HAH!) for awhile because they wanted to give The Land more stuff.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall in those meetings…
What did they do? Plan to not build the final Soarin’ theater? How far did the plan get (if you can share)?

Moth

This would be great, actually. Plus, you can scrap the entire on ride photo (which never really works).

Wonder what the plan would be for post-show? Again, I know if 🍎 gets involved, it would probably be turned into a place to sell their products (a la GM)

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in those meetings…
What did they do? Plan to not build the final Soarin’ theater? How far did the plan get (if you can share)?

I don't have post show info because, it hinges on sponsor stuff.

The plan from what I heard from a SINGLE SOURCE (likely malarkey but fun to speculate anyways), was to do a CGI version of Kitchen Kabaret instead of Awesome Planet. But like, combined with Food Rocks?

Plan died fast I heard though.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

The plan from what I heard from a SINGLE SOURCE (likely malarkey but fun to speculate anyways), was to do a CGI version instead of Awesome Planet. But like, combined with Food Rocks?

Plan died fast I heard though.
Speculation is what we do best! I’m trying very hard to imagine what Food Rocks CGI + Awesome Planet would look like…

Thank you for what you do, we all appreciate it ☺️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom