Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Bocabear

If the attendees of D23 actually booed them off the stage if they did not mentione anything coming for iImagination...or chanted "Bring Back Dreamfinder" loudly and continually, they may actually get the point...but as long as the attendees breathlessly cheer for a popcorn bucket or new paint on their otherwise old and dated attractions, we will continue to get cupcake parties and special merch instead of what the parks actually need.

Bocabear

They would not do anything about booing...Nobody would have their Gold passes revoked....and remember that D23 is a paid club.... they need the money... That said, a less enthusiastic reception and an Imagination chant if nothing is mentioned might get the message across... We are all still Disney fans, but that doesn't mean we have to applaud every decision...

V_L_Raptor

They would not do anything about booing...Nobody would have their Gold passes revoked....and remember that D23 is a paid club.... they need the money... That said, a less enthusiastic reception and an Imagination chant if nothing is mentioned might get the message across... We are all still Disney fans, but that doesn't mean we have to applaud every decision...

They need the money, but that doesn't mean there won't be more people buying the tickets after a crop were to be trespassed. There's always someone willing to fork over some more dough to think they're insiders, right?

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I think, quite frankly, that if the attendees at D23 booed them off the stage, they would be asked to leave the event without refund, and a whole new flock of D23 adherents would be ushered in to provide an appreciative audience, this year or simply next.
I don't think anyone was banned when they audibly boo'd Chapek a few years ago

Homemade Imagineering

It’s been a few months since this tweet. I know Brayden isn’t exactly a trustworthy source, but obviously it contradicts the notion that operations & WDI will take down either JII or SSE following the debut of TT 3.0. Haven’t seen anyone mention this in a while so just thought I’d bring it to attention in case anyone here knows if this is indeed false information, or whether it is true/or plans have changed since. Furthermore I suppose all/any plans for announcements at D23 are flexible up until the very last minute

Moth

It’s been a few months since this tweet. I know Brayden isn’t exactly a trustworthy source, but obviously it contradicts the notion that operations & WDI will take down either JII or SSE following the debut of TT 3.0. Haven’t seen anyone mention this in a while so just thought I’d bring it to attention in case anyone here knows if this is indeed false information, or whether it is true/or plans have changed since. Furthermore I suppose all/any plans for announcements at D23 are flexible up until the very last minute
I assume by "active plans" they mean those that have hit a certain step of approval/are green lit or close to it. SE and JII are still fighting it out on who's first likely and then the winner will go into 'active plans'.

But plans have changed since also. This is a very 'dynamic' company, plans change by the hour. You can ask DL's Tomorrowland.

Homemade Imagineering

I assume by "active plans" they mean those that have hit a certain step of approval/are green lit or close to it. SE and JII are still fighting it out on who's first likely and then the winner will go into 'active plans'.

But plans have changed since also. This is a very 'dynamic' company, plans change by the hour. You can ask DL's Tomorrowland.
Yeah that was my initial guess, I’m happy to hear both are potentially in line for some work coming up here soon. At the very least I’d imagine we might get some bluesky concept for either this year. Then again, I can see them wanting to commit to a finalized plan for JII & then announcing it, because bluesky plans can change and we don’t need anymore false promises… ESPECIALLY when it comes to the first official news of them giving this attraction the attention it has needed for over 2 decades now. I would think that almost has to be a homerun of an announcement given the touchy circumstances of the situation. A grand reveal is the way I see it. Otherwise they could share bluesky plans for SSE & wait a couple years for a JII announcement. One more significant element of this is the fact they just redid another Baxter attraction, & I remember you alluded to this being a catalyst for which might go first if any

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

Man... I just KNOW they're gonna introduce new characters to rotate with Figment at the ImageWorks Labs. And they're gonna do the lead up talking about new offerings at the Imagination Pavilion. It's like they need to do the fakeout every year.

aladdin2007

but if one should get sponsor funds, the other would get more funding from Disney,I would assume?

Nland316

Off topic — but is this a project that has some current motion behind it? Seems like it was pretty close at one recent point.

DreamfinderGuy

After TT 3.0 you have a better chance at them taking another swing at Wonders of Life than you do JII. Spaceship Earth will more than likely be EPCOT's next project though.

Moth

Off topic — but is this a project that has some current motion behind it? Seems like it was pretty close at one recent point.
There's current things being done for SSE and JI in terms of future development from what I've been told. I've heard nothing about Wonders of Life outside of "Disney is trying to court Epic Games into sponsoring a revised Play! Pavilion". All three have motion but I feel more confident in saying JII and SSE is going before any WoL development.

If you ask me, Imagination is going after SSE and is entirely dependent on the further development of the Seth Rogen project. SSE is kinda it's free floating thing. Yknow? Imagination has merch and soon media synergy behind it.

For all I know a curveball can happen and they're actually going to re-do The Seas next.

dreamfinding

There's current things being done for SSE and JI in terms of future development from what I've been told. I've heard nothing about Wonders of Life outside of "Disney is trying to court Epic Games into sponsoring a revised Play! Pavilion". All three have motion but I feel more confident in saying JII and SSE is going before any WoL development.
Isn’t Wonders sitting bare? More capacity at Epcot would be nice.

My question: would Baxter be willing to come back for JII after TBA?

Brer Oswald

Isn’t Wonders sitting bare? More capacity at Epcot would be nice.

My question: would Baxter be willing to come back for JII after TBA?
Would he be willing? Absolutely.

Would Disney ask him back? Probably not. I don’t think they’re willing to give the designers the level of freedom that Tony would want to work with. If someone higher up in the company suggests something he doesn’t agree with, Baxter would not hesitate to vocalize his concerns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom