Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Earlie the Pearlie

I gotta say…
I feel like if Disney needs convincing to redo it they should look at this 176 page discussion where many, many fans grasp at any straws that present themselves (the muppets are here! Look it’s tony Baxter in Epcot! Someone made a joke about figment!!!) over the course of several years.
But what do I know. I’m not a shareholder 🤷‍♂️.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I gotta say…
I feel like if Disney needs convincing to redo it they should look at this 176 page discussion where many, many fans grasp at any straws that present themselves (the muppets are here! Look it’s tony Baxter in Epcot! Someone made a joke about figment!!!) over the course of several years.
But what do I know. I’m not a shareholder 🤷‍♂️.
I am a shareholder. Quite a few actually and if they don't announce something in the next year for how they are going to combat Epic Universe and the dominance they will have and have had on new attractions, then I'm out. Luckily, I bought low in 2020 but I would think with all the bad PR press in the last month and stock on a cliff, they would throw a dog a bone.

Rodj

Excluding my main thoughts in the M&G thread about Figment's design still being inconsistent, making it more confusing on what Figment's true design is supposed to be, I find it amusing how many people are saying that the new costume is too skinny, when the animatronics are one of the only times where Figment is more skinny compared to other depictions(artwork/merch/50th statue).

Earlie the Pearlie

Watching a livestream and he’s got like a half an hour to an hour long line
Makes me happy 😊
Joy has nothing lol
And the Link now says dreamport and has (I think) a new lighting package that looks amazing
They also have some of the old Figment upstairs ImageWorks clips playing too
Looks amazing

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 101

Inspired Figment

Ok I kinda love this
I know it’s Figzilla but who cares. It’s Figment. There’s the Dreamcatcher. Everybody go down to Florida and build up a ten hour wait please.
If anyone’s gonna do any shorts.. I’d prefer/hope they do them in the style of say.. a Wonderful World of Disney style show starring Dreamfinder & Figment both traditionally animated (another way to do it would be to have Dreamfinder be a live actor interacting with Figment as a traditionally animated character), exploring, explaining, and showcasing real world examples of creativity in jobs & fields that encourage it, both here and through various spots around the world. It should be written in the same style. Something that can be enjoyed by ‘all’ ages. (not strictly aimed at the preschool set like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Playdate with Pooh… cause truth be told, we have enough of those kinds of shows being made these days... would much prefer something we can all enjoy)

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

You could even have various different segments, say, one segment is a fully animated show of Dreamfinder & Figment exploring various genres of stories too in fun, humorous ways. Think something in the style of the 80s-90s Disney Afternoon shows (think New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh & Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers for example). Again, something that can appeal to & be enjoyed by all ages. Retaining the classic, timeless Disney charm & quality we all love.

Figments Friend

Excluding my main thoughts in the M&G thread about Figment's design still being inconsistent, making it more confusing on what Figment's true design is supposed to be, I find it amusing how many people are saying that the new costume is too skinny, when the animatronics are one of the only times where Figment is more skinny compared to other depictions(artwork/merch/50th statue).

The original design intent of the character of Figment were the Original Attraction animatronic sculpts.
In the current Attraction, those animatronic figures retain the original look for the character as far as the sculpts go.

Figment was NOT the chubby, short limbed imp a lot of merchandise makes him out to be.
His true form is slender and serpentine, and the new ‘Figzilla 2.0’ is directly inspired by those original sculpts.
The head is a great recreation and the body captures that more slender look very well.

I was not a fan of the original ‘Figzilla’, but after seeing this up close during the recent Destination D event the other night I give it a thumbs up.
He looks terrific and acted the part beautifully.
This is a win, although it should be been the original ‘living character’.

Here are a pair of photos I snapped when he debuted at the D23 Epcot after party event the other night….

IMG_2034.jpeg

And a side view, showing how nicely he retains that slender shape he is supposed to have.

IMG_1995.jpeg

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom