Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Figments Friend

If this isn't a way to get a Slap in the face wake up call to bring back a better version of the attraction and pavilion...I don't know what will.
Certain parties thought this back when the ‘Figment’ comic series was released a few years ago, also featuring Jason.
Nothing came of it.

It DID however make some folks in the Corporate office stand up and take notice of the attention it was getting.
It did have a small effect, and did clue them in as to how much the Original Attraction mattered to some people, as they literally had no idea since they were based in California and never experienced it.
So that was a good thing, but after a short period, it was forgotten.
So to date, still nothing of substance.

I honestly do not see this ( in their eyes ) ‘children’s book’ being released making any impact on the motivation to revamp the current Attraction.
It is just yet another merchandise item to extort money from us Original fans who see this and feel a sudden nostalgic rush….and then open our wallets.

Disney needs to stop the merchandise pandering and commit to a serious rethink of the current Pavillon.
Merchandise would sell even better if there was actually an inspiring, imaginative Attraction there once more.
Build a worthwhile experience again and the bottom line will just take care of itself.

-

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

They had me going at the end of the D23 event. I really thought the one last thing was going to be an Imagination pavilion redo, not just the Figment Meet & Greet they had already announced.
The thing is, I believe the meet n greet was done to get further push to upper management just how popular Figment is. By having a significant attraction of sorts (in this case a meet n greet), featuring elements of the original 83-98 attraction. I believe it’ll absolutley get the heads to notice that they eventually need to restore the ride back to it’s former glory with the tech & spfx enhancements we’d have hoped to see, had it stayed the same all these years rather than the 2 HISTA-themed IP redos. Time will tell however.

Inspired Figment

Out of all the things that’d bring ‘both’ the nostalgic superfans, aswell as newcomers back to the Disney parks. This would
‘absolutely’ be the thing that’d bring guests back and I think something they’d be willing to invest heavily into, especially with Universal’s Epic Universe on the way so soon. Mark my words.

Cmdr_Crimson

Certain parties thought this back when the ‘Figment’ comic series was released a few years ago, also featuring Jason.
Nothing came of it.

It DID however make some folks in the Corporate office stand up and take notice of the attention it was getting.
It did have a small effect, and did clue them in as to how much the Original Attraction mattered to some people, as they literally had no idea since they were based in California and never experienced it.
So that was a good thing, but after a short period, it was forgotten.
So to date, still nothing of substance.

I honestly do not see this ( in their eyes ) ‘children’s book’ being released making any impact on the motivation to revamp the current Attraction.
It is just yet another merchandise item to extort money from us Original fans who see this and feel a sudden nostalgic rush….and then open our wallets.

Disney needs to stop the merchandise pandering and commit to a serious rethink of the current Pavillon.
Merchandise would sell even better if there was actually an inspiring, imaginative Attraction there once more.
Build a worthwhile experience again and the bottom line will just take care of itself.

-
Let's just have a "What If" moment..if they had built JII ver 1.0 at Tokyo Disney Do you think that they would have gone all out in merchandise and Dreamfinder would still have a presence.

It seemed to have worked when they brought Orange bird out there and his Kawaii like cuteness made him big and then several years later he returns back to MK...just imagine how it would have been if this happened..

UNCgolf

The only ride in Epcot that is 95% of the time a walk on, and they won't redo it. It's the biggest joke in the park

Nemo is right there with it; Nemo may actually be a walk-on more than Imagination (right now Nemo has a 10 minute wait and Imagination has 20, but I'd guess they're both actually walk-ons).

At least Nemo is essentially a secondary draw for the Seas pavilion rather than the headliner, though.

Earlie the Pearlie

Nemo is right there with it; Nemo may actually be a walk-on more than Imagination (right now Nemo has a 10 minute wait and Imagination has 20, but I'd guess they're both actually walk-ons).

At least Nemo is essentially a secondary draw for the Seas pavilion rather than the headliner, though.
It also doesn’t hurt that the original Seas omnimover was essentially a transportation ride with aquarium views. If anything, Nemo is an improvement to make it more interesting. It was never really more than a walk-on, even at its thematic peak. JII, however, was a work of art. Having that pavilion be a walk-on is a travesty.

UNCgolf

It also doesn’t hurt that the original Seas omnimover was essentially a transportation ride with aquarium views. If anything, Nemo is an improvement to make it more interesting. It was never really more than a walk-on, even at its thematic peak. JII, however, was a work of art. Having that pavilion be a walk-on is a travesty.

Oh I definitely disagree about that -- the original Seas omnimover was an integral part of the whole pavilion concept, and it was one of the better things Disney has ever built (the pavilion as a whole; not specifically the omnimover). To a kid, it was incredibly convincing that you'd actually traveled to an undersea base and the SeaCabs were part of that.

I'd agree that it's not quite as bad as JII, because that ride was so incredibly good, but the Nemo thing was terrible too (especially since there were so many ways they could have incorporated Nemo that would have actually made sense with the aquarium concept instead of just shoehorning in a random, bad ride). The Nemo idea (and the elimination of the pavilion's original concept as something more than simply an aquarium) wasn't very good to begin with, but the actual execution was terrible.

DreamfinderGuy

Oh I definitely disagree about that -- the original Seas omnimover was an integral part of the whole pavilion concept, and it was one of the better things Disney has ever built (the pavilion as a whole; not specifically the omnimover). To a kid, it was incredibly convincing that you'd actually traveled to an undersea base and the SeaCabs were part of that.
Precisely this. The original Seas show had a magnificent build up to the Seabase Alpha reveal. The film and ride could not stand as their own attractions because they were never intended to be, they built up the whole which was greater than the sum of its parts. Nemo broke this and now the pavilion has no real narrative at all.

Hollywood 1939

I'm curious if the Little Golden Book will use the verses of OLS from the original ride. "One chilling word, like shriek or killer...". Kids will love it!

Figments Friend

Yeah, I see three ways of looking at it….

One :
Tapping into the two Disney specific Park IPs that sell the most merch and have the two most dedicated fan bases.
A dream combo from a sales standpoint…ch-ching!
🤑

Two :
It’s official - Dreamfinder is dead.
He must be if he has taken up ‘residence’ in the Mansion!
💀

Three :
This is just a cool crossover piece of merch fans will love.
Enjoy the whimsy!
🤓

-

Dragonman

Two :
It’s official - Dreamfinder is dead.
He must be if he has taken up ‘residence’ in the Mansion!
💀
I mean you’re not wrong lol
1695001468712.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom