Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

Honestly, part of me is glad JIYI & JIIwF happened, or else we would of seen current maintenance standards ruin the experience of the original ride(hardly any effects/animatronics would be working properly if it was still open to this day.)
e4ae1233a39f7365830ba45b5037af43--red-green-pictures-of.jpg

Inspired Figment

I'd be okay with a muppet ride over what the JIYI ride currently is.
I mean, I'd LIKE a JIYI 1.0 back.. but hell, if we can't get it.. bulldoze it and put in the muppts.
You mean JII. Journey Into Imagination. Y implies Journey Into ^Your Imagination and that’s the same lousy Honey I Shrunk IP one we have now, just with Figment in a lesser throw away cameo role than we have now.
But honestly, if you love the original iteration so much? Why not just advocate for an enhanced version of that? Why settle for more of the same garbage that ruined the pavilion to begin with? Why not simply expand the Muppet Courtyard at DHS like initially planned? Great Muppet Movie Ride anyone??
Not gonna lie, I'd be down for a Muppets retheme/overhaul of Figment. Think about it, you're transported through Muppet Labs as Bunsen and Beaker attempt to see into imagination and things go wrong in true Muppet fashion. Throw in some truly wacky gags, and maybe keeping Figment to cause some mayhem with the Muppets and we'd have a worthy replacement on our hands.
Figment is ‘not’ one who’s supposed to cause mayhem… he’s supposed to be ‘curious’, he’s a ‘learner’. Hence why he connected with us guests originally. He has the same childlike curiosity from Dreamfinder’s guidance & showcase of the realms of imagination that we had. Can we ‘not’ advocate for the same damn problematic needlessly rethemed attraction just with Muppets slapped in instead of Honey I Shrunk? It’s supposed to be a ride you come off inspired by, not one with a bunch of mayhem taking place that you come off thinking “what the hell was that?”.. C’mon guys. You all deserve better than this.
Well, Figment in it's current form is just suffering and wilting away, so if this is what's needed to bring some life into it, I say bring on The Muppets
So bring on Tiana and her Salt Mine into Splash right, simply cause maintenance sucks? Cause that food co-op revamp concept is such a grand idea that’ll bring more life to the attraction.. c’mon guys. Stick up for the standards Disney once had and the ones we still hold them to. Don’t accept lousy mediocrity like the last 2 versions.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Everyone hates IP replacements unless it’s the Muppets for some reason
You can certainly count me out of that category. I ‘loathe’ unnecessary IP replacements or overlays, no matter what the IP is. Especially when the initial, beloved original/unique attraction & characters were so brilliantly produced & timeless in comparison to the lousy, ill-conceived IP replacements we got after.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Well, Figment in it's current form is just suffering and wilting away, so if this is what's needed to bring some life into it, I say bring on The Muppets
Some “life”. Just like the Honey I Shrunk IP mixed with some other Medfield College connected films (Flubber, Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes) brought “much needed life” into the pavilion in ‘99 and again in ‘02 (just with more Figment, not understanding what made that character and attraction work to begin with)
But hey, Figment’s still in it (seriously, listen to what you guys are saying and look at what destroyed this pavilion to begin with and what the current state is. That’s ‘literally’ no different except for a different IP theme for the Ill-conceived Institute framing/retheme w Figment shoehorned as an interference, which is completely antithetical to the ride’s concept/message.. ‘yet again’)

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
So bring on Tiana and her Salt Mine into Splash right, simply cause maintenance sucks? Cause that food co-op revamp concept is such a grand idea that’ll bring more life to the attraction.. c’mon guys. Stick up for your standards. Don’t accept lousy mediocrity like the last 2 versions.
There's a difference between "Shove a plot that has absolutely no business being on a log flume" and "Take the time to create something that belongs on Imagination's ride track/setup".

Inspired Figment

There's a difference between "Shove a plot that has absolutely no business being on a log flume" and "Take the time to create something that belongs on Imagination's ride track/setup".
So copying what went wrong with the last 2 iterations of imagination is something that “belongs”? The original concept was the only thing that ever belonged, just with enhancements to the tech & spfx. Nothing more, nothing less. They took something that originally showcased the essence of how to approach and what could happen through imagination & creativity, and made it the most unimaginative pavilion of a tour that goes wrong.. through a bunch of lab equipment, charts, and doors about the senses that has ‘nothing’ to do with Imagination (but rather sensory perceptive tests, a thing ‘seperate’ from creativity).. and an upside down house isn’t much better. Is that a good representation of how creativity compliments art, literature, theatre, science & technology, ‘and’ film all at once like the original did? I certainly don’t think so..

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Ya’all are reading too much into the ‘Muppets at the Imagination Pavillion’ video clip.
The gang are just having a bit o’ fun and this in NO WAY suggests they are taking over the Pavillion.

The Pavillion has its own IP already.
And has for 40 years now.
Use it, Disney.
It’s about fluffing time.

You don’t need a ‘Figment committee’ to test if Guests are ready.
It’s been starting you in the face for the last 20 years…
Why won’t you take the hint..?
Get on it.
And get it done RIGHT.

Oh, and Muppets are not needed either.
The Dragon has spoken…

-

Inspired Figment

Ya’all are reading too much into the ‘Muppets at the Imagination Pavillion’ video clip.
The gang are just having a bit o’ fun and this in NO WAY suggests they are taking over the Pavillion.

The Pavillion has its own IP already.
And has for 40 years now.
Use it, Disney.
It’s about fluffing time.

You don’t need a ‘Figment committee’ to test if Guests are ready.
It’s been starting you in the face for the last 20 years…
Why won’t you take the hint..?
Get on it.
And get it done RIGHT.

Oh, and Muppets are not needed either.
The Dragon has spoken…

-
I certainly hope you’re right.. but I don’t trust Disney. They screwed us over once with the Honey I Shrunk IP in ‘99, and just to add insult to injury did it again in ‘02 but intentionally cast Figment as an interference in it to mock the problems/fan complaints with the version in between under the guise of a “Figment comeback”. Then had the nerve to try and shoehorn Inside Out in it w Figment as a throw away cameo, yet again.. internally until Pete Docter (who actually has a brain/common sense within the organization) put a stop to it. When ‘all’ signs including merch sales point to what folks ‘actually’ want in that pavilion and they just don’t damn listen. I pray they get the message this time, cause if not. I’m officially done with Disney, for good. As if all the stuff they’ve also done lately, hasn’t been a huge turnoff/slap in the face to us fans of the Disney legacy enough.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Its the most neglected part of Disney's empire and park primaries love them some underdogs.
If they want to slap the Muppets into every EPCOT ride except SE, I would not complain.

And frankly, SE is negotiable.
I've said this before and angered the website's resident unhinged Muppet hater in doing so, but I still see a "Figment, Dreamfinder and Muppets" collab solution as a solid way to go. Dreamfinder already had a bit of Uncle Walt in him, why not lean into the resemblance to the bearded one too?

Moth

I think that's in part due to most people feeling like Disney has severely underutilized The Muppets, which is something I can agree with 100%. I don't think it's a fit to replace Figment, but compared to other IPs I've seen thrown around for the pavilion..... it's not THAT bad. Still below "just give Figment and Dreamfinder a ride" though.

Stupido

Muppets in HoP over this any day. Figment deserves his own attraction that holds up. Disney has seen the value in the character from the popcorn bucket, and centering the 40th anniversary around him. There’s a reason he’s getting a fancy new meet and greet, so I’m very doubtful they’d kill his ride.

But I’m also in the camp that the current version isn’t even *that* bad. Sure it’s not what it was, but there are plenty of attractions (in Epcot no less) that need the help much more than Figment.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
MuppetsVision 3D coming to Epcot confirmed 😉
Muppet Vision 3D in the Magic Eye Theatre alongside a ride where Honeydew and Beaker "create" imagination and incorporate Figment... Maybe even make Dreamfinder a new Muppet as well. A "special guest" in Muppets Lab. Make it a Muppet Lab pavilion with the Beaker/Honeydew animatronic meet and greet permanent.

Cmdr_Crimson

Muppet Vision 3D in the Magic Eye Theatre alongside a ride where Honeydew and Beaker "create" imagination and incorporate Figment... Maybe even make Dreamfinder a new Muppet as well. A "special guest" in Muppets Lab. Make it a Muppet Lab pavilion with the Beaker/Honeydew animatronic meet and greet permanent.
It's no surprise they are owned by the Disney parks products and experiences branch and not the main side of the company anymore..

Bocabear

Keep the Muppets at DHS...expand their area there and make it more engaging...add an additional attraction, but DON"T bring them over to the Imagination pavilion...leave them where they make sense within the narrative of the park.
There has been way too much muddling between the parks... They should allow each park to have it's own identity and stop making everything homogenous...4 parks, 4 unique experiences....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom