Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Bocabear

Technically if you took out Backlot Express and expanded the boundaries of the park a bit you could wrap around Star Tours to keep the land continuous.
That would be a big expansion, removing the Muppets completely to connect to Star Tours...and with no additional attractions in the pipeline, a pointless expansion. It feels like most of DHS master planning was rushed and reactionary with no real thought about growth.

CHOX

Has there been any word in the Figment meet and greet that was announced at D23? Wasn’t able to find anything.

MagicHappens1971

I heavily believe that Josh said "end of next year" to stall until Destination D23 for the main announcement.
I believe he just said vaguely sometime next year but I don’t remember. I don’t think they’ll wait until November to announce a M&G. I’d expect an an announcement to coincide with one of the festivals or maybe just as part of their summer marketing blitz. Could also be part of the “kick off” of the 100th celebration @ WDW after the 50th ends. They have a lot of options

DoleWhipDrea

The Muppets aren't going to take over the Imagination Pavilion. At this point, the Dreamfinder has a far better chance at returning when the overhaul happens. Disney isn't investing millions towards a film about Figment and the Muppets. Seth Rogen heard fans loud and clear on the day of the announcement that fans want to see Figment and the Dreamfinder together.

The only thing that's been announced about the Figment M&G is that it will debut late 2023. Destination D is a likely venue for them to share at least some more information...they're going to need to have something for the event, and that's a worthy audience for more Figment news.

Rodj

Disney finally put out an article and video for the 40th anniversary of JII a few days late: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/03/40-years-of-imaginative-delight-with-figment/

Ironically for the footage they used of JIIwF that shown the Touch & Taste lab Figment AA, it was footage from the 2000's(most likely 2003 or 2004) as the animatronic had such fluid motion, yet the same animatronic is currently mostly motionless to this day. I did see that they put in a "General Construction" permit for the ride last week.

zipadee999

It’s also interesting that the article makes no mention of the current iteration and instead only talks about the 1983 version. If someone who’d never been to the parks nor knew anything about them read the article, they’d be led to believe that Dreamfinder can still be found. I also find the end interesting, as it confirms that Figment is here for the long-haul. We now know that any pavilion overhaul will still be keeping figment (thankfully)

Tha Realest

Disney finally put out an article and video for the 40th anniversary of JII a few days late: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/03/40-years-of-imaginative-delight-with-figment/

Ironically for the footage they used of JIIwF that shown the Touch & Taste lab Figment AA, it was footage from the 2000's(most likely 2003 or 2004) as the animatronic had such fluid motion, yet the same animatronic is currently mostly motionless to this day. I did see that they put in a "General Construction" permit for the ride last week.
FWIW, they released the themes for this year’s Wine and Dine races and Figment is the focus of the two course challenge

Dragonman

Can those school short films starring Figment be found anywhere? I don’t believe I’ve heard of them before.

I really hope the unaired pilot episode of Dreamfinders is found someday, there’s some BTS footage floating around so it was obviously filmed.

CHOX

Took my two year old this week for the first time. Her favorite part was the queue when Figment pops up on the signs overhead. I know that’s setting the bar low, but she loved the CHARACTER Figment. There is so much untapped potential here. Well…it’s tapped they just need to put things right!

Dragonman

Our little friend makes a cameo in this new concept art for Communicore Hall, another indicator he’s here to stay.
1678885446370.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom