Favourite thing to do on arrival???

Chirs

:animwink: Hi Everyone,

Interested to hear ideas of everyones favourite thing to do on arrival once you have checked into your resort?

Chris

DisneyPrincess5

:animwink: Hi Everyone,

Interested to hear ideas of everyones favourite thing to do on arrival once you have checked into your resort?

Chris

:wave:
We like to check in, basically throw our things in the room, and go straight to the park!
We waste no time getting started haha.
In the past though we have had lunch or dinner at a nice place and have taken it slow...but we're past that!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi Chris!! Great topic!! :sohappy:

We have two options - when we drive in the a.m. - we head right to the park!! :lol: If we drive in the evening before - we check in - unpack - get everything organized so we can start the day bright and early! :lol: I prefer checking in the evening before - we explore the resort and grab a drink! And of course -first thing we do in the room is turn on the TV to hear about the Triple Mountain Whammy! I can't wait to hear what she is going to say this year!!!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

tink68

We usually check in at night so it is one less day of school and work that everyone has missed. That being said we normally check into our room, go get our cups and a drink and explore the resort. Then it is off to bed for an early start to the parks the next morning.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I normally leave my house around 5:30 am. It puts me arriving around 11:30 am. After I checkin and drop my stuff off, I head immediately to the parks.

Upvote 0

kirinan

We drive from Michigan, which we turn into a two-day trip, so we usually get to the resort between 5 and 7 p.m. We check into our room (almost always POFQ), hang a few things up and get a little settled, then head for the food court once the dinner rush has passed. Then we spend the rest of the evening walking around the resort. But the last thing I have to do the first night is go back to the room and spend some time watching all the Disney channels on TV so I know I'm really there!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

We try to get an early flight out that way we'll be in Orlando by 11:30-12ish. After check-in we drop our things off, grab some lunch, then it's off to the MK! One thing we always try to do is take the monorail in. It just adds to the magic. :)

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We normally arrive in Orlando the night before we check into our resort. We check in somewhere & head to DTD. This time, we will be going straight to our resort, check in around 2:00, rest a little from the trip & head to MK for dinner & Wishes, and a few rides too. :)

If you can check in early, drop your luggage off and grab your tickets & catch the bus for a ride to your favorite park. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

sueuk

We usually arrive at WDW at around 4.30pm, and we're usually just ready to check out the room and resort shops etc, change clothes, go and dabble our feet in the pool and have something to eat out there before falling into bed (by 10pm we'll have been awake/ travelling for 22 hours) and reading all the info from the parks and resort, ready for an early start next day. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

If there is not enough time for a park, usually DTD, Dinner and then Wishes from the Poly Beach with a Dole Whip. After that, a drive to the EPCOT parking lot to see SSE.:D

Heaven on Earth

Upvote 0
We usually check in, grab a quick bite and head to our room and drop off our stuff. Depending on when we left, we may have a nap and then head to DTD for dinner and some easy going shopping. This year, we are arriving earlier so we will be heading to a park (not sure which one) coming back in the afternoon for a nap then off to Fulton's in DTD for dinner.

Upvote 0

GooofyforFun

Usually get in 5ish. So we get a little settled in and try to have an ADR before Wishes.. CM gets the vote so the kids get that WDW character feeling and then watch the FW from the deck.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We never go into the parks on the first day because we don't usually get there until the afternoon. Our favorite thing to do is just to do a loop around the resort! We put our stuff down, and then go see the pool/shops/restaurants. I don't stay on property very often, so when I do I like to take it all in and be excited that I'm at a Disney resort :)

Upvote 0
We usually fly in, arriving around noon, then heading straight to MK. Last year, however, we decided to check in the night before. We arrived at the hotel (Poly) around 7:00, had dinner at Capt. Cook's, swam in the pool, watched the electric light pageant on the lake, then headed to bed. It was so much more relaxing, and I think we'll do this again.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I hit the parks running... I don't get in until after 1pm and it's usually 3 or later before we get to the resort but I still have to see a park first! With the cost of an extra day on your ticket being so low it's worth the couple of hours I get to spend in the parks on my first day! We usually hit Epcot and we'll go to a counter service restaurant for supper. I haven't made up my mind as to where I'm spending our first day on this upcoming trip. I'm taking a Disney "virgin" with me and I don't know what should be the first park for her!?!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

In May, we are arriving at Noon. Taking Magical Express to Pop Century. Check in and head right to the Magic Kingdom. There is nothing like the Magic Kingdom after the afternoon parade, crowds are low and the smell of Caseys and a dole whip. I cant wait, I am going to miss Space Mountain though.

Upvote 0

kitten2299

We get to the hotel in the early afternoon so we check in get some lunch and then we head to the pool. Then we rest up for the 8 pm luau. But this trip its going to be different since we are not going to the luau I hope we can go for an early dinner and go to MK to see the fireworks.

Upvote 0

Jenna

We stay offsite but we usually arrive in the evening so we eventually find our villa, unpack a little bit and then go for dinner :D Aaaah 100 days until I get to do it all again :D

Upvote 0

smk

We broke with traditon our past trip but it worked out well. Normally we would check in and then hang out at our resort, FW, get a golf cart and drive around soaking in the atmosphere, visit the trading posts to shop . This past trip we stayed at POP and we were new to that resort so we walked around, shopped , checked out the food court and then went to MK. We got to POP very early in the day, around 1030 am so we had the whole day ahead of us, it was fun to go to MK early and spend the whole day at my favorite park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom