Favourite thing to do on arrival???

Chirs

:animwink: Hi Everyone,

Interested to hear ideas of everyones favourite thing to do on arrival once you have checked into your resort?

Chris

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I LOVE getting my room key/park ticket. I dont know why but when they hand me that at the resort I feel power! Like okay everythig is all set now. I can relax and enjoy my vacation!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

This next trip may be the first where I go to a park on the first day. I usually like to check-in in the afternoon then just explore the resort with my new mug, but my best friend is coming with me and he has lots of park catching up to do.

We may just hit the MK running.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Depends. It's one of these two scenarios:

- Check in/drop off bags, say "I love this place" about 40 times, breathe in that fabulous Disney Air (haha!), and hop on the next MK or Epcot Monorail (depending on where we're staying and which one's closer).

- Check in/drop off bags, say "I love this place" about 40 times, breathe in that fabulous Disney Air, and hang out at the pool for the rest of the day.

The last few years we've almost ALWAYS gone straight to a park, but this time around I am in desperate need of warm weather and destressing. So it may be a Polynesian Beach Day. :)

Upvote 0

Aasdems93

For our trip in April we are going to be arriving around 2 in the afternoon and will probably head to the Magic Kingdom. We have dining reservations at the California Grill at 9:45 (I'ts our first time) which should be exciting!

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
This is my first trip with my daughter, she will be 3 1/2! Normally we have a lay over on our flight in and dont get to our resort until 1pm-ish. This trip however, we are a direct flight! arriving at 9:30, hopefully to the resort before 11! I am soo excited and can not wait! the past trips, arriving afternoon, I have been split, once went to MK, and once stayed at the resort. This trip we will most certainly be hitting MK, ASAP! I cant wait to see the lok on my baby girls face! after hitting MK for a few hours, we have reservations at Garden Grill, so will be over at Epcot by 5, have dinner then watch Illuminations! I am sooo excited!

Upvote 0

macsmom

Check into POP in early afternoon, refresh ourselves and then we will be heading for DTD. I love to look into the shops there, especially the Christmas shop. Then, dinner somewhere and rest our first night and then head to MK our first full day. I've never had 7 full days to go to the parks, usually 4-5, so I can take it easy this time and not worry that I am going to miss out on too much.

danna

Upvote 0

bartbrine

We usually arrive very early, our flight leaves pittsburgh around 7 am. we always stay at our resort and walk around. Always love the stores, typically we are stressed out about luggage arriving from magical express. The last few years they have been very slow.

Upvote 0

jmenjes

After I check in at Pop Century (usually around 2-3 pm or so on Monday afternoon, depending on the train ride north), my first stop is over to Downtown Disney. After browsing around for an hour or two, it's back to Pop to chill out and relax for the day.

My normal first day at the parks is Tuesday at the MK.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm up at about 3am doing my final checks and then at 5am I'm at the airport getting too excited and flying out by 8am and being at MCO at 11:30. By then I do the Mad dash to DME and get to the resort by 12:15 and get my room key and by 12:50-1pm I'm in Epcot..

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

We check in and eat...cause the nuts on the plane just don't cut it!! Once our rooms are ready we throw on our swimsuits and go for a dip. Nothing like a nice swim in a warm place when back home is cold :sohappy: We freshen up at our room and get dressed up for a signature dinner.
After a leisurely trip back to our hotel, we crash, ready for an early morning start.
Let my secret planning begin :D

Upvote 0

KC82271

Depending on arrival time - we check in and head right out to the parks. Last year we arrived at night and eat in the food court and went to bed. Just wasn't the same.

Go to the parks!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Arrive around 3, check in to POR, unpack the truck and organize the room for the upcoming week, Getcleand up and head out to eat and to the MK....yes we always do MK the first night.

Upvote 0

realtaffy

We get a 7:30 am flight to Orlando, arrive at about 10:00am take the Magical Express bus to Pop Century, check in, hop on a resort bus to Epcot and go to Canada's Le Cellier Steakhouse for lunch. (love those pretzel breadsticks). Then we go to O Canada 360 circle vision.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom