Favorite WDW Smell

Scooter

I have 3 favorite Disney smells...

1.) The smell as you walk up to the Flame Tree Bar B Que Restaurant.

2.) The smell of the Part of Living With The Land where you are in the tropical rainforest.

3.) (and my favorite) If you take the escalator at Disney's Contemporary Resort from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor, right when you get to the top you will smell a combination of wheel grease from the Monorail and chocolate coming from the Bay view Gifts store.....it's amazing!:)

oommggitskait

Maybe it's just me (likely) but I feel like mornings at WDW have a distinct scent. The combination of that "Disney air" and the early morning humidity... I don't know. It just feels like Disney to me.

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes, in the early morning in summer, it can smell like that up here in PA. I always instantly think.. it smells like Disney World.

tuppence

I know some may not like this one but the attractions that have water have a distinct smell (or odor, however you want to put it) and it's just such a distinct Disney smell. Could be IASW or The Land or Norway.....all have that same smell.

Outside of that I would have to say those scents that they shoot out from the Main Street Bakery make you stop dead in your tracks every time when strolling down towards the castle.

Ok, now I'm really hungry for brownies. :)

MillerPoppins

I have always loved the Pirate and Splash Mountain water smell. Additionally, Maelstrom seems to have it's own smell too. Each ride actually seems to have it's own aroma and makes me happy to come back to them.

Other favorites:
Walking past Wolfgang Puck's in DTD and smelling the wood fired pizzas.
The smell of the food court at AS Movies.
Goofy's Candy Shop in DTD.
Popcorn
The torches lit at the beginning of Illuminations.

Gov00

Grand Floridian

One of the greatest smells in all of Disney World is the lobby of The Grand Floridian. It smells the same today, as it did when it first opened.

goofykt

Anyone ever notice the Land pavillion has a distinct smell? Never smelled anything like it anywhere else.

Yes! It's kind of an earthy smell that I think comes from the greenhouses...but maybe that's just me.

I also love the smell of sugary goodness that hits you when you walk in one of the bakeries...like Norway or Main Street.

The smell of the body gel they provide in the rooms. I love the H20 stuff and it takes me right to Disney. In fact a friend of mine just got back from a trip and she bought me a big bottle of the stuff from the gift shop. I'm loving it!

~Amanda

I would definitely buy that cologne!
Anytime I enter the Great Ceremonial House at the Poly is one of my favorite moments. I have to pause and take a deep breath. Ahhhhh
My second favorite WDW smell is at AKL- Jambo House lobby.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

I love this as well. It is a yummy smell of almost cumin and cinnamon. We had a room one time right over Boma - I was constantly hungry on that trip.

~Amanda

Figment2005

Monorails smell like Oranges? they always smell of something a little less pleasant and more flagrant

I may just be a lucky person, or it might be because I was always near the front when the monorail station opened. I think its the air fresheners they use that make them smell like oranges to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom