Favorite WDW Smell

magiconmainstrt

Polynesian for me also......

Nothing like the smell of the lobby and the sound of the waterfall---

but a close second is...

the monorail and getting off the plane at Tampa (we stop at clearwater for a day either at the start of our disney trips or at the end) the Florida air is magical itself....:sohappy:

MaxsDad

I have found that there is a certain smell when you first get out of your car in the parking lot of your resort. I don't know what it is, but my entire family smells it too. Maybe it is just how Florida smells, as we never get out of the car in the state until we are there. But I think it is at the resorts, especially Pop.

Within Pop, there is a smell that is awful, but because I only associate it with Disney, I can't help but like it. In the morning, as you walk by the area around Hippy Dippy, on the 70's side, near lounge chairs and landscaping, as you are approaching the main building, there is a very strong odor of what must be fertilizer. I've smelled it elsewhere too, but it especially strong there.

10Magic

We can record sound, pictures and video so we can re-create those feelings when we get home. As soon as someone figures out a way to record and play back smells, let me know!

ABigBrassBand

The Land pavilion is probably my favorite smell in all of WDW--it's really a delight to smell, but I've yet to eat the food that creates that smell!

WorldKey

We can record sound, pictures and video so we can re-create those feelings when we get home. As soon as someone figures out a way to record and play back smells, let me know!

Wow - you are so right!.....we have so much incredible technology today but I don't think anyone has invented a device that can record and 'playback' smells....it would be like a replicator because it would have to identify the molecular make-up and reproduce it on 'playback'. Corny to talk about but it would have incredible applications! (and some fun if you took the device to WDW or your favorite restaurant).

VoiceGuy07

Would have to say that the most distinct smell that I love is the Monorail. It's the only one that I can almost smell if I close my eyes and click my heals three times.

dreasons

I was wondering what everybody's favorite smell in WDW is. I know mine has to be Pirates of The Caribbean.
This is going to sound strange...but on The Great Movie Ride....in the Alien segment of the ride...when the Alien is coming down from the ceiling there is a lot of steam that fills the air....that steam kind of smells good to me for some odd reason. Whenever I smell that particular smell, no matter where I am, I always think of being at Disney World...I know...weird huh?

plaz10

It's not that the Disney smells are so wonderful smelling (exception of Soarin' smells and the pie in PhilharMagic) but it's that "AH I'M IN DISNEY" smell that makes it so great.

Disney water, SSE, Rome/Library of Alexandria burning, Disney buses, Monorail, lobby/foodcourt of POP...all those great smells just take you back to Disney.

Bringing home a few Disney shampoos to use to get me excited for an upcoming trip (even though it's 4 months away) takes me right back to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom