Favorite WDW Smell

musketeer

Anyone ever notice the Land pavillion has a distinct smell? Never smelled anything like it anywhere else.

YES. I have noticed that. Occaisionally, I'll get a whiff of it somewhere. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's almost like a kind of burnt wood chips or something. (Is that what you mean).

It must be from the Sunshine Seasons.

G-bone

The indoor rides like Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White's Scary Adventures has that smell I remembered as a child. Pirates as well.

dweezil78

Favorite smell is the pirate water of course. :D

However, close runners-up include:
* Horizons loranges (R.I.P.)
* Journey into Imagination ivory or whatever that scent was when you entered the big colorless/color room.
* The smell of the A/C in Tomorrowland - in particular that whiff you get on the Wedway right as you're entering Space Mountain

And then finally... just the general WDW scent. It's everywhere, even in the hotels. For some reason we don't really have that smell out here in Disneyland. I don't know what it is, but the air is just different at WDW. There's something special about it and it's all over the place!!!

glee

The smell of the bakery.

Pretzels

The gross chicken legs even though im a veggie :):):)

The smell of damp on pirates and splash mountain.

All magical!

musketeer

Sunscreen.

It's wierd, I know it isn't a Disney produced smell, but there are usually only two times when I use sunscreen. Going to Disney and going on a shore excursion during a cruise.

So in the rare circumstances that I use sunscreen for something other than those two above, all I can think of is how it reminds me of going to a Disney park (usually only the morning because it goes away later in the day) or taking a shore excursion on a cruise.

mbisenius

While walking through the mall about 10 years ago, my family and I noticed the smell of roasted almonds and we all looked at each other trying to figure out where we'd smelled them before. My sister was the first to point out that it was the smell when entering WS on our last trip (in 1998 I think). Since then, every Christmas I try to walk through that part of the mall so I feel like I'm at Disney.

glee

Sunscreen.

It's wierd, I know it isn't a Disney produced smell, but there are usually only two times when I use sunscreen. Going to Disney and going on a shore excursion during a cruise.

So in the rare circumstances that I use sunscreen for something other than those two above, all I can think of is how it reminds me of going to a Disney park (usually only the morning because it goes away later in the day) or taking a shore excursion on a cruise.

I second that!

10Magic

There are so many, but I agree that the water smell at Pirates and Splash Mountain is hard to beat. Also, I noticed a familiar and wonderful scent at the check-in desk at Coronado when I was there last month! For some reason, the smell was less pleasing at check-out, but that's just me.

LucyintheSky

I have always notices the distinctive smell of the Land, but I have no idea what it is. It definitely says "Disney" to me, though. I also agree with the smell of Pirates, Splash, etc.

Also the smell of the MK before opening. when there's no guests around and everything is wet and it's really early in the morning... ahhh.

My favorite one has to be the smell in the Poly. I was disappointed, though, a few days ago I went there with my parents, just to look around and have lunch, and I couldn't smell that smell at all. All we could smell was chocolate, coming from around the Kona Cafe area. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad scent, but it wasn't what I want that place to smell like. :(

*I know I said "smell" way too many times in that post, but I couldn't help it! :ROFLOL:

drossjr

1. Poly Lobby

2. Burning Rome in SSE

3. POTC and SM water

4. Popcorn on Main Street USA by the entry, I dont know why it smells different then regular popcorn back home but it does

fredtom

For me it has to be when you enter the Polynesian lobby and get that first smell of the inside. Call me crazy, but I wish that was a cologne:wave:

I would definitely buy that cologne!
Anytime I enter the Great Ceremonial House at the Poly is one of my favorite moments. I have to pause and take a deep breath. Ahhhhh
My second favorite WDW smell is at AKL- Jambo House lobby.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

dweezil78

Not to sideline this thread, but I did want to add a non-Disney smell to this -- only because this particular attraction is so Disneyish it might as well be a Disney ride...

The ET queue at Universal! Love the smell of the pine there. So sad we no longer have this at the Hollywood park. They evicted ET and replaced him with the Mummy here. :( Such a classic dark ride and with that touch of magic that usually only Disney rides seem to have.

Est1971

Any scent in Soarin'

The smell of The Yacht Club lobby during the holidays is hands down my absolute favorite though!!!!

toetheline29

Maybe it's just me (likely) but I feel like mornings at WDW have a distinct scent. The combination of that "Disney air" and the early morning humidity... I don't know. It just feels like Disney to me.

My other favorites are Splash Mountain and the Land. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom