Favorite smell at Disney

Disneykidder

We are all weird then...hehe. There is a local aquarium that when I walk down one particular hall I smell Splash Mountain...ahhhh. My family thinks i'm strange...oh well.

I love the smells in Philharmagic, O'Hana, turkey leg cart, passing/going in Main St. Bakery, Casey's and the smell of the popcorn!! YUMMY!!:slurp:

The smell of the Wilderness Lodge as soon as we walk in lets us know we are home. Also the orange groves in Soarin', Rome burning in SSE and, believe it or not, even bus exhaust reminds me of Disney now. :lol:

The Wilderness Lodge lobby has an amazing scent that I never get tired of; also, the Confectionary @ Magic Kingdom.....the pies in PhilharMagic....the queue area and gift shop at the Maelstrom (I've got no idea why)

EpScott

Well, here you go---my personal favorite smells from WDW:

1) Spaceship Earth's Roman Empire scene ("Rome Burning" sounds like a good name for a tribute band that plays Epcot music, doesn't it?)

2) The smell that emanates from the Rainforest Cafe---man, I really love that!!!!!!!!!

3) The entire Land pavilion---it's all good!

4) The area around Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom

5) Pirate water and Monorail air---2 of the basic Disney elements!

6) Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's---take your pick

7) Chili dog from Stitch's Great Esc....oops ~ sorry ~ wrong list!!!!

mp2bill

Rome Burning
Pirates of the Caribbean
Inside Mexico
Monorail

I'm sure there are plenty more that are slipping my mind right now.

The smell of the Wilderness Lodge as soon as we walk in lets us know we are home. Also the orange groves in Soarin', Rome burning in SSE and, believe it or not, even bus exhaust reminds me of Disney now. :lol:

Some of them incluce:

Norway (gift shop)
A waft of churro's, funnel cakes, turkey leg
Rome burning (weird, but I know I'm home)
The electric smell of some of the rides
Mexico (restaurant)
.............and a zillion others.

Poly, The Land, Living with the Land in the rainforest area, rooms at Old Key West, Mexican Pavilion, the smell of the air and grass on the golf courses, burning Rome (burning library of Alexandria for you die-hards) :p, Cosmic Rays (when I'm hungry), in the cave of BTMRR, the locomotives on the WDWRR, turkey legs cooking...:)

Well, here you go---my personal favorite smells from WDW:

1) Spaceship Earth's Roman Empire scene ("Rome Burning" sounds like a good name for a tribute band that plays Epcot music, doesn't it?)

2) The smell that emanates from the Rainforest Cafe---man, I really love that!!!!!!!!!

3) The entire Land pavilion---it's all good!

4) The area around Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom

5) Pirate water and Monorail air---2 of the basic Disney elements!

6) Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's---take your pick

7) Chili dog from Stitch's Great Esc....oops ~ sorry ~ wrong list!!!!

Not trying to be a wise guy (especially since I'm "taking on" so many posters), but isn't/wasn't the Library of Alexandria in Egypt? I believe it was the Roman's (more accurately, Caesar's army) who burnt it down (accidentally) in 48 BCE.

Fizbain32

Oh Snap. Wife and I were just talking about this maybe a week ago and I can not remember what the scent was that made us think Disney. I'll try to remember to pester her in the AM to see if she remembers.

OH! I remember now. I was the shower while we were there in July. I turned on the water in our room, jumped in teh shower and took a deep sniff, called out to wife and said, doesn't this smell of the shower water just remind you of being in Disney and she agreed.

The smell of the Polynesian Resort lobby brings me back to my childhood. I don't think I could take a trip to the World without visiting . . . on our last trip we went there just to enjoy the ambiance of the hotel, no dinner reservations.

Thorpyness

The real bonus is when you smell the "reminder" smell outside Disney, I got a whif off the resort smell around old man island at home the other day and it took me straight back to riverside.... I go for real in 36 days. :sohappy:

Cmdr_Crimson

Let's see.......

Pecos Bills, Cosmic Ray's & The Electric Umbrella - The babylon of food mixed together.

Casey's - The scent that strikes you out has got to be the saurkraut.

Splash Mountain - mmmm Waterfalling goodness.

Uoe - Who knew that 9,000 years in the earth's past give or take a day can have a mildewy scent that is memorable.

Geir The Power of Norway - I actually like this scent and it's also bottled & sold there too.

Mukta

Geir The Power of Norway - I actually like this scent and it's also bottled & sold there too.

Thanks for the reminder.
Epcot is always my first stop in the world. I go to Norway and get a paper sprayed with the scent Laila from Norway. I put that in my purse and that is the dominant smell for my trip.

Cosmic Commando

Funny that the popcorn smell was the first thing brought up, because DW and I have bittersweet memories about it. On our Disneymoon in '06, we felt like the popcorn smell was stalking us everywhere. It smelled like the most delicious thing ever, and when we finally bought some... it was terrible!

One of my actual favorites the smell of the hotel soap. I have our extra Mickey soap stashed in the basement. I only use it after working on the car or getting dirty fixing something around the house. The smell reminds me that the money I save by getting my hands dirty will help get me back to WDW sooner.

wbc

Yeah I can smell that stuff from a mile away.

I had an ex-GF that bought the Leila (female) stuff. It was great cause every time I smelled her I felt like I was in Norway:kiss:

WorldKey

This will sound weird, but the smell of the water rides (Pirates, Living with the land...)

Not weird at all...that smell in POTC - a mixture of the water, machinery, smoke, etc. - is one of my favorites in WDW - it always reminds me of my first trip as a kid to Disneyland! I once read that our sense of smell has a closer relationship with our memory than any other of our senses.

LowesChevy

I am also a fan of the GCH at the Polynesian and the overall resort smell is wonderful.

I just love that artificial air conditioned smell too.

You have to love the detail that Disney puts into the rides and at the resorts in order to please almost all of your senses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom