Favorite smell at Disney

prattler

I gotta say the musty smell during the dinosaur part of UoE. Ever since i was a little kid it always left an impression on me. To this day if it smells like rain outside, i think of dinosaurs.

On a side note, every time i smell cigarette smoke i think of the bathrooms right next to SSE. Man i was impressionable as a child...

...but they do say the sense of smell is the one most closely linked to memory.

sublimesting

Steve should just make a permanent sticky thread of "Smells we like at Disney." Those smells as as follow: Rome burning, the water of POC and various foods.

Xethis

Original Poster
Steve should just make a permanent sticky thread of "Smells we like at Disney." Those smells as as follow: Rome burning, the water of POC and various foods.

That'd be cool. I figured when I started this thread I'd get a reply or two. I didn't think there would be 6 pages worth of people as weird as I am, ha ha ha :ROFLOL:

rkelly42

I also love the smells of SSE rome burning scene and Soarin orange grove scene( which didnt horizons or WoM have an orange grove scene as well?) but I also love the bakery smell they pump in on Main st. There are so many of them that it would take me forever to list.

Walt Disney1955

Blindfold me and I can smell that water from inside Small World. But other than that I would have to say the buttery popcorn as I walk down Main Street. The caramel corn etc.

LoriMistress

The smells I love:

* POTC The water always gets to me.
* MS:USA I love the smell of the bakery, and the fresh smell of popcorn.
* Soarin' The smells that they pump into the rides is awesome.
* Resorts Not sure what it is, but I enjoy them.

I'm sure there are more smells but I can't recall at this time.

Disney05

Thanks for the reminder.
Epcot is always my first stop in the world. I go to Norway and get a paper sprayed with the scent Laila from Norway. I put that in my purse and that is the dominant smell for my trip.
Love that smell. Bought my wife the hand & body cream. She puts it on almost every night before going to bed. I'm instantly at Epcot when I smell it.

graphite1326

Nothing weird about that! You'd be surprised how many people love that smell, myself included. Every once in a while I'll catch a whiff of it somewhere and smile.

I have to go along with the water rides also, for the same reasons as above. Especially the smell of Splash Mt.

Tidbit

The Barbecue smell at Spaceship Earth! I love that smell!

I have only been on Spaceship Earth twice, and I know that smell.....I laughed so hard at your post my fiancee looked at me funny:ROFLOL:

My favorite smell........hummmm ALL! From the water rides to Haunted Mansion if it's a smell at Disney I love it......well almost any smell:eek:

PhilharMagician

Some of my favorties are
  • Living with the Land. The rainforest scene.
  • Rome burning in SSE
  • Walking past the Flametree BBQ
  • AKL lobby with the smells of Boma in the air

tjnpd116

We allways go to MK first and its the smell of the Train and also Main Street. But the best scent in the world is the smell of the hot tires on the pavement, in the parking lot of the hotel, that tells me the 900 mile drive is OVER!

Flip83

Polynesian lobby and Contemporary by far. Just brings back memories of allll the trips to Disney.

I also like Rome, Haunted Mansion and that smell outside the Main St Ice Cream Shop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom