Favorite smell at Disney

Goofnut1980

I would say when I smell the Bakery Shop, I know I'm at the World. But my favorite smell is actually the indoor water ride smells, like POTC and Small World, Norway and Living with the Land...

I was at work the other day getting something off the printer and I got a quick wiff of something that smelled like the bakery... I stopped in my tracks and just stayed there a minute.. everyone musta thought I was nuts! oh well.. I was in the moment! haha :ROFLOL: They all know I'm a disney nut...

LudwigVonDrake

The water in Pirates, the orange smell in Soarin', the pastry smell in Philharmagic, and there's a certain smell of Big Thunder that I really like :)

SeaCastle

I like the Soarin' hangar scent, water ride smell, the smell of smoke when Central Florida was having the wildfire problem in 2007, the wood-burning pizza smell on New York Street from Mama Melrose's, Main Street, USA, and the musty Big Thunder Mountain smell.

NYwdwfan

I love the BTMRR smell - nothing like it anywhere. And Main Street bakery. Certainly not the stinky smell I can't seem to shake from the JC line in July. Yikes.

JML42691

Rome Burning
Pirates of the Caribbean
Inside Mexico
Monorail

I'm sure there are plenty more that are slipping my mind right now.

mp2bill

Mine is the smell of the Haunted Mansion. There's something about the smell in the Haunted Mansion that sticks with me. I don't know if its the smell of the fog machines, the old musty smell adding to the ambiance or the fact that it's just old. It's one of my favorite smells of all times. :rolleyes:

Same here! I think it's the fog machines...there's that same smell in the dinosaur scene in Ellen's Energy Adventure.

I also like the smell of the burning of the Great Library of Alexandria in SSE.

mp2bill

Not a smell, but I also love the coldness of the buses/monorail on a hot day...although, sometimes there's a smell associated with them too. It may just be the smell of the thousands of people that have ridden them that day.

Pooh Lover

The smell of the Wilderness Lodge as soon as we walk in lets us know we are home. Also the orange groves in Soarin', Rome burning in SSE and, believe it or not, even bus exhaust reminds me of Disney now. :lol:

SoupBone

The smell of the Wilderness Lodge as soon as we walk in lets us know we are home. Also the orange groves in Soarin', Rome burning in SSE and, believe it or not, even bus exhaust reminds me of Disney now. :lol:

Forgot about the diesel burning smell! I guess it's because Disney uses so many busses and the smell is all over that it gets associated with it. :sohappy:

DisneyJunkie

For me, my favorite smell has always been the inside of Space Mountain. I haven't been there since well before the most recent renovations, so I hope that smell is still there (I think it's just the ventilation system) when we plan to go again in January.

I also love the smell of the pine trees and orange groves on Soarin'.

Scooter

I know it's weird, but I get giddy on The Living With The Land attraction when It's in the Rainforest section. I Love that smell!:)

C&D

Some of them incluce:

Norway (gift shop)
A waft of churro's, funnel cakes, turkey leg
Rome burning (weird, but I know I'm home)
The electric smell of some of the rides
Mexico (restaurant)
.............and a zillion others.

Rinx

Poly, The Land, Living with the Land in the rainforest area, rooms at Old Key West, Mexican Pavilion, the smell of the air and grass on the golf courses, burning Rome (burning library of Alexandria for you die-hards) :p, Cosmic Rays (when I'm hungry), in the cave of BTMRR, the locomotives on the WDWRR, turkey legs cooking...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom