Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

Nicole220

I love the smell of Splash and PotC. It has been a favorite of mine since I was little. I also like the smell of walking down main street and smelling all of the different foods that are on it.

goalman43

This is kind of along the lines of the Bus exhaust. The Water at WDW is a bad smell, but it is definitley a favorite smell. Whenever I smell it I know exactly where I am and it makes me smile.:)

slappy magoo

2 special odors for me. One is the lobby of AkL. We even went so far as to contact Mousekeeping to find out what it was, and if it was a perfume or incense available for purchase. They told it was just their citrus-y all-purpose cleaning agent. So much for Disney magic. In a similar vein, the smell of popcorn in any of the parks but especially the MK drives me batty, and I immediately crave some. I found out after one trip the smell is mostly synthetic. They have a popcorn aroma fed through fans at the tops of the kiosks that sell snacks.

As far as "hidden spots" go, I don't know quite how hidden this is, but I know plenty of people that don't know of it. At the Kodak pavilion on Main Street, there's a hallway that leads to a back room, where you can find a small theatre playing old cartoons, plus standing pieces of classic Disney animation for photo ops. For instance, you can make it look like you're the TV program the 101 dalmatians are watching.

VIVA LA REVIVED THREAD!!!

sbkline

I'm not sure which ones I would classify as "favorites" necessarily, but here are some of the smells which are etched in my memory as either Disney smells, or smells reminiscent of any Florida Theme park, or any theme park, for that matter:

The smell of the inside of the monorail

The smell of the Florida flowers (which I have smelled at Sea World, as well as Disney)

The musty water smell, found in pretty much all boat rides, either at Disney or elsewhere.

Fantasia freak

This is kind of along the lines of the Bus exhaust. The Water at WDW is a bad smell, but it is definitley a favorite smell. Whenever I smell it I know exactly where I am and it makes me smile.:)

thats because all the water used in the sprinklers is reclaimed water. Never play in it or drink it. It's nasty.

mdisney

not sure if this is mentioned, but the walkway behind the exit at ITTBAB. Its very quite and also you can see animals there as well.

mdisney

As far as "hidden spots" go, I don't know quite how hidden this is, but I know plenty of people that don't know of it. At the Kodak pavilion on Main Street, there's a hallway that leads to a back room, where you can find a small theatre playing old cartoons, plus standing pieces of classic Disney animation for photo ops. For instance, you can make it look like you're the TV program the 101 dalmatians are watching.

VIVA LA REVIVED THREAD!!!

Also back there use to be a place where a movie was shown to show MGM preview

WDW4LIFE

Favorite Smells

I have 2 favorite smells in Disney, maybe 3...

1. The Fountain in Epcot, the chlorinated water just instantly reminds me of it.

2. The Rooms, no matter which one, the cleaning product smell makes me feel like Ive come home, its a welcoming smell to me.

3. Like others, I like the smell of the boat rides, its just a distinct smell.

These are mine and im sure the are others who feel the same way.

Dani:ROFLOL:

lilmizpixie3

Monorail & smell of cellar of Tower of Terror do it for me :)

You all are crazy I think the monorail smells like a cow barn :hurl: haha. My favorite smell would probably be walking through Germany in epcot, all the smells of food, and the smell at the end of splash mountain of the water. Its magical haha

lilphil6487

I think that the musty water smell is just the water they use because when I was staying at the WL villas a few years back the water from the faucet had the same smell. Another time when I was at Vero Beach, the water again had that smell. I always associate that smell with Disney. Also when walking through the Rainforest Cafe, there is a smell too, and I dont mean the food.

BrennaRN

My favorite smell is either Rome burning in SSE or there is a smell that I can't explain in the tunnel right before you hit main st. at the magic kingdom.

My favorite secret spot is the gardens behind the UK pavilion or the benches on the bridge crossing over into Tomorrowland. We didn't know there were benches there until this year!!!!!

yankspy

There are so many smells. One that comes to mind is the piped in bakery smell when you pass the bakery on Main Street. Favorite spots, the benches that are between Space Mountain and Speedway or the little garden in the back of the U.K. pavillion. :)

cndrellagrl

I love the popcorn smells, the bakery smells, and the roses when they are in bloom. There is a little over-looked nook near the Liberty Tree tavern that is a nice shady spot to relax.

Yes! I love when you first walk onto Main Street USA and smell the popcorn and then walk a little further and smell the bakery - YUMMY!

hpyhnt 1000

Favorite Scent: The musty odor in SSE as you go up into the sphere. Although, the musty smell of the monorail is a close second.

Favorite Hidden Spots:
  • Magic Kingdom- Benches behind the old Skyway station in Tomorrowland.
  • Epcot- Benches at the end of the tunnel by the purfume shop in France, behind the hedge maze.
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios- Benches between the restrooms and Sounds Dangerous.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom- Anywhere along the paths by the Tree of Life.

cndrellagrl

The large building when you first walk into the MK (I think it might be where you get on the train), but at night there is no one up there and they have tables and chairs, you can sit there and stare down main street usa and look at the castle - its awesome! (its even greater when spectromagic is going on - a great view!) so relaxing up there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom