Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

Yankeeplex

You can't beat the smell of the popcorn in front of Cinderella's castle. The smell of the turkey legs near the haunted mansion. Walking through the World Showcase just overloads the senses with all the smells...too many to talk about. The smell of french fries in Dinoland. The smell when you walk into the Land Pavillion. Man, I can't believe how this is making me hungry. :hurl:

DisneyVolFan519

The large building when you first walk into the MK (I think it might be where you get on the train), but at night there is no one up there and they have tables and chairs, you can sit there and stare down main street usa and look at the castle - its awesome! (its even greater when spectromagic is going on - a great view!) so relaxing up there
I totally agree! We discovered this "hidden gem" on our last trip. It was a relaxing place to sit and look out over Main Street. The added bonus was that it gave the DW time to recover from our fifth consecutive day in the parks. ;)

I love the evergreen scent on Soarin', makes me feel like I'm in the forest. And my hidden place is the little eating area tucked behind Aloha Isle. It's a great place to get out of the sun, relax, and watch the people roll by.

stevediesel

Speaking of the last day there... I usually only notice this on the last day at the Magic Kingdom when we are leaving but when you hear the boat doesn't the noise sound like the beginning to the song "Live for Loving You" by Gloria Estefan. You know the the part Oooooooooooooooh, la la la la la la la. :lol: Yeah I am very weird but whenever I point that out to people they go "Oh my gosh, it does sound just like it." It's hard to imagine the sound but next time you are there listen and you'll see what I mean. ;)

I thought the same thing when I was there in 1993! I think the song was even in the radio @ that time. So you are either not weird or I am weird too, not sure which one.

Erin_Akey

My favorite smells are those in Soarin'.......oh my gosh that is my favorite ride.

As for favorite places, the Petals Pool bar at the Pop Century Resort is a fave place of the hubby and I. Love to sit and have a cocktail in the evenings after a long day in the parks.

Hidden places- We love the area in Canada near where the show lets out.

I also love the smells in most of the countries. Such a great mix!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom