Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

Ijones88

:) I love the smell of all the wonderful restaurants at WDW, especially the Flying Fish Cafe....my favorite quiet spot is the bench between SM and TT, and at one time the skyway.

m star

NTI2002 said:
I didn't think that so many people agreed with my father and I that the smell in the Poly's Great Cerimonial House is teh best smell ever lol. my dad's disney vacation doens't really start until he takes a deep hit off of that air and get's all excited. "ah ha...Smell it!? Smell it!?"
but I also like the smell of walking back into the poly room right after a long day at the park. it's very relaxing.
I definitely agree with you on the Poly.

Cynderella

NTI2002 said:
my favorite tucked away spot, is that strip of dock/bridge in frontierland that lets you bypass the crowds. I'm surprised that more people don't use it.

Ssshhhh!! Don't give that away!! :eek: I use that one too. :p

Ringo8n24

Everyone has brought up so many things that I never think would remind me of WDW, but once I read it posted...I totally agree it does remind me. I love the popcorn smell, air conditioner smell, but mainly the monorail smell. To me, the monorail smells like a big Band Aid.

CBug88

I love the smell of 'Rome' in the Dark Ages in Spaceship Earth!!! I also love, love, love the smell of the Norway perfume in the Puffin's Roost-mmm! Le Cellier, the Canadian Steakhouse is amazing-- I think that does it for EPCOT. In MK I love how Pirates of the Caribbean smells and of course the Walt Disney World Railroad while you are riding through Adventure Land (brings back many memories with my parents and our many trips!!!) I also enjoy the smells in ToT--that ride is just beyond belief and something new always catches my eye despite how many times I ride it---in fact 'ride' doesn't do it justice---ToT is more like 'an experience'!

Tinkerbella16

Of course i have a list of the smells that i love at WDW:

- The POTC has THE best smells!!! I know i am in WDW when i smell the air and water.

- The Poly has the best resort smell...i love it there

- Inside Splash Mountain, the holes where the air conditioning blows out....great smell also.

- The foodcourt at POP

- El rio del Tiempo at the Mexico pavilion, love love love the smell of the air. I could ride it all day long

- The HM... the scene with Madem Leota in the crystal ball

- When you take that first step into TOT after waiting in line outside.. you can feel the cool air as you step inside and i can never forget that smell.

- All around, I dont think anywhere else has the smells like WDW does, i love it...we all remember it. Even some smells back home remind us of those smells in Disney World. I love the first day we arrive in disney and you can just smell the magic. Its great!

living dead!

*i love the smell of burning Rome.

* Main St Bakery's cookies

* The Haunted Mansion's musky scent.

* the smell of the turkey legs in frontierland.

* the smell of the fish in Norway. I dont particularly like the smell, but its one of those wierd nastalgic smells.

disneytopdog

My favorite smell...getting out of the car at the Dallas/Ft Worth airport and smelling the fuel smell on the morning of my flight to Orlando.

disneyfreak174

I have to say the best smell is the campfire at FWC. I used to work there so I am bias. Favorite place to relax is in the conservation station they have rooms that are dark for listening to the rainforest...easy to fall asleep!! Be there soon!!!

amandagibbins

one of my favourite smells has got to be soarin going over the pine trees and the smell of the ocean and philharmagics apple pie every now and then we get a whiff of it and were right back there at WDW Mmmmm heaven:sohappy:

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
For me it has to the smoking area near Christmas store ( the Jack Sparrow meeting spot) it's almost always quiet there and there is a unique smell just as you cross the bridge into Adventureland,not sure what is, it's just unique, possibly plant life as I remember it in Cuba too.

SarahBella82

The lobby of AKL. Weird? Yes. But it's a mingling of the fireplace and the restaurants. Plus, it's a feast for the eyes too. It's a sensory experience! Ha!

Also, there are some smells that are quintessentially WDW: Rome on SSE, for example. Tastes of WDW (and FL): the water. Always reminds me I'm in FL.

:)

mpoppins76

Favorite smells are along Main Street. Starting w/ the distinct "smell" (not sure what it is :eek: ) when you walk under the railroad. Then comes the smell of cotton candy as you start up MS. About 1/2 way, the cinnamon roasted almonds. And at the end....Casey french fries. :slurp:

I-4Warrior

AKL lobby really does have a distinct smell... a lot of spices and woods from the furniture and the fire pit. It makes for a very unique array of scents.

majortom1981

rides

This might sound stupid but my favortie smells in disney are the rides. I know it sounds stupid but their rides have a certain smell to them .Maybe its the AA's but they do.

figmntal95

My favorite smells would be Carousel Of Progress, and for some strange reason the smell of the utilidors.

As for favorite hidden place... it would defintitely be one of those places in the figment store that are blocked off.. sort of. I like going back there to see if figment would come out of those doors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom