Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

Mikester71

Just the smell of the clear, Florida air is enough for me. If you saw the chemical plants here in the city I live in :hurl: it would make you appreciate the nice, clean ocean smell you guys get down there. :slurp:

rdour@techminds

Space Mountain

Mine is a combination of both sound and smell. It is pretty specific.

When you reach the top of the lift hill, there is about 3 seconds of the most deafening silence you've ever heard. The sound can be pretty much summed up as infinity. You hear no natral reverb. You only hear the sound of your rocket along the track, and the last few clicks of the anti-rollback system. Also, you get a full blast of the stale, motionless air that seems to hover right there at the top of everything. I can't tell at that point where the roof is, what direction I'm truly facing, nothing. It is perfect nothing. If they were going for a space theme, they sure got it right. But remember, it only lasts about 3 seconds. After that, the ride begins the speedy dark adventure.

Now, I'm pretty good with sound, and I swear that some parts of that ride come awfully close to walls of the dome. I can't see pictures, so if anyone can confirm this let me know. Does a piece of track for either side run along one of the outside walls for one of the banked turns?

Another smell is found right at the top of SSE's assent. As you flatten out, the scope of the room and the musty air hit you all at once. Amazing. It really sets the scope of the experience for new riders.

WDW-LUVR

I have to wait 6 months 2 weeks and 2 days before I get to smell any of them again.
:cry: (Am I the only 18 or older male that cries the last day or gets teary eyed before having to head home and head back to reality? Especially when the last park is MK for some reason. I think it has to do with the way the castle is lit up and it just seems the most Disney-ish. The music doesn't help any either. lol)[/quote]

WE have 7 months and 2 weeks left to go :sohappy:
:cry: Your not the only male that crys My husband, my 4yr. old son, and I all cry on the bus back to the air port.

sissa216

Mine is a combination of both sound and smell. It is pretty specific.

When you reach the top of the lift hill, there is about 3 seconds of the most deafening silence you've ever heard. The sound can be pretty much summed up as infinity. You hear no natral reverb. You only hear the sound of your rocket along the track, and the last few clicks of the anti-rollback system. Also, you get a full blast of the stale, motionless air that seems to hover right there at the top of everything. I can't tell at that point where the roof is, what direction I'm truly facing, nothing. It is perfect nothing. If they were going for a space theme, they sure got it right. But remember, it only lasts about 3 seconds. After that, the ride begins the speedy dark adventure.

Now, I'm pretty good with sound, and I swear that some parts of that ride come awfully close to walls of the dome. I can't see pictures, so if anyone can confirm this let me know. Does a piece of track for either side run along one of the outside walls for one of the banked turns?

I know exactly what you're talking about!! I can hear it right now!! :p
And no, it really doesn't get all that close to the walls. You've got at least the width of the red tunnels between you on the bottom, and towards the top it is still a fairly long climb to top....its been a few years since I worked there, but I can't remember any point where it gets any closer...

DisneyLeo18

im loving all of your favorites beacause i can smell and hear em now. i just got back a few days ago and since im going back in 4 weeks i am still in disney mode.

enough boring everyone, my favorite smell is when you walk out of the orlando airport and can smell the disney air (and of course the heat). also not my favorite but you know your in disney when you smell that distinct odor from stitch's great escape

by the way this is my 1st post = )

Angelsin616

Gotta say that Horizons was my fave smell. I will always see those orange groves and smell that orange blast in my head.

My most recent visit faves would be the water rides (iasw, splash, yada yada). That water just has a certain scent that I love. Best hideaway I ever found was to rent a boat at PORS and just coast along the river.

rdour@techminds

Utilidoor

I took the Backstage Magic tour. One thing that struck me as odd was the smell under the MK. It reminds me of my father's office at Wrigley Field. Its old, and dusty. But, also there is this added scent of old sitting water, like a flooded basement.

The amazing thing, they somehow manage to keep that smell underground and backstage at floor 2. How in the world does that not waft into guest areas?

Ryan

rharvey78

Christmas Shop @ DD

Please correct me if I'm wrong. For years, my wife and I always looked forward to going to Downtown Disney and heading straight to the Christmas Shop. The second we opened the door, we would smell the cinnamon and spice. This last year, no smell. When we asked the castmember where it went, she informed us that we must have been mistaken, that they have never (to her knowledge) used scents in that store. Please tell me someone else remembers it.
Thanks

grumpys kid

What about the smell right on main street, from the flag pole right to Casey Jones, the smell of the confectionary puts 5 pounds on ya right there.:lol:

Ringo8n24

Please correct me if I'm wrong. For years, my wife and I always looked forward to going to Downtown Disney and heading straight to the Christmas Shop. The second we opened the door, we would smell the cinnamon and spice. This last year, no smell. When we asked the castmember where it went, she informed us that we must have been mistaken, that they have never (to her knowledge) used scents in that store. Please tell me someone else remembers it.
Thanks

That is absolutely crazy of her to tell you that. I know exactly what you mean of the smell of cinnamon in there and you can smell it as you walk past it if the door opens. The only thing I can think of is that they had these ornaments in the past that you could put dried cinnamon sticks or other dried christmas scents in them. They were in the samples on the trees which is why I bought them. That smell still exists to me when we were there this past February. So, I know you are not crazy. I love the smell of that shop, too. It may depend on the time of year that you go. It seems stronger in the fall and winter than it does in the spring, though.

lnsemsf

This has nothing to do with a smell, but it's my small spot to stop by every trip. About 12 years ago they put a wall around a monorail pilon on the Epcot beam at the TTC, between the exit and enterence to the Epcot line with a sign "This area is being refurbished for your future enjoyment." So for the last 12 years or so, I always stop by the pole for a few seconds, and enjoy it. I mean if they went through all that effort for my future enjoyment, now that it IS the future the least I can do is stop for a bit and throughly enjoy it. I'd hate to think they did all that for nothing. I mention it to everybody in my group, every single time I pass by the pole.

dhcalva

Favorite smell: Standing by the fire pit in AKL overlooking Boma. The smell of all that delicious food, plus the smell of the fire.

Rayray

One cool spot is just on the beggining of the Africa/Asia and Discovery Island bridge. Its a covered little lookout with chairs in it. Very Quaint.

Other spot is the balcony in the Contemporary on the Grand Canyon Concourse Level. It is a great lookout of MK (and that recent construction site).

SarahBella82

Yeah, me too, its similar to PotC. I don't know if anyone else has experienced it, but I like the smell when you step out of your resort in the early morning and its all humid out. Don't know if it has to do with WDW, but it is the only place I've experienced it.

I've been known to describe our Maine weather as "Floridian" when we have a rare hot, humid, sticky day. And haze on the horizon on a hot day always transports my mind to WDW.

sissa216

I always stop by the pole for a few seconds, and enjoy it. I mean if they went through all that effort for my future enjoyment, now that it IS the future the least I can do is stop for a bit and throughly enjoy it. I'd hate to think they did all that for nothing.
:lol:

3fordisney

I love the smell in SSE. Strange I know! I also love the scent mousekeeping uses in the rooms. My husband asked the mousekeeper and she showed my husband. My husband jotted down the scent and brand. We couldn't find it online so we went to an industrial supply store and asked them about the product. To order the exact item mousekeeping was using, you have to order in large quantity from a rep. There was a spray made that is the equivilent of what mousekeeping uses and we got it. It really does smell like the rooms at Pop Century. Everytime we use it, my son says it smells like Pop Century!

We go to a lot of trouble to recreate the Disney Magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom