FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhaftman7

FP does not inflate numbers for wait times. In the dog days of summer, I have NEVER seen more than 10-15 FP riders go before stand by riders. I’ve always seen the queue get managed in a fashion that keeps wait times even for all guests. In all honesty, to people that spend their time worrying about what they aren’t getting, don’t go. If you are seriously complaining in the happiest place on earth about a line, you have bigger problems.

havoc315

FP does not inflate numbers for wait times. In the dog days of summer, I have NEVER seen more than 10-15 FP riders go before stand by riders. I’ve always seen the queue get managed in a fashion that keeps wait times even for all guests. In all honesty, to people that spend their time worrying about what they aren’t getting, don’t go. If you are seriously complaining in the happiest place on earth about a line, you have bigger problems.

Actually — I’m not complaining. It’s going wonderfully now without FP, the standby line is constantly moving. The position in the standby line that took an hour during FP+ is now taking just 10 minutes.

The people currently complaining are the ones complaining about the current system and want FP+ back.

I recall my last trip… I was about 100th on the standby line for Mine Train. Currently, without FP… that would be walk on the ride in about 3-4 minutes. But on my last trip, that was a wait of over 20 minutes.

So I’m not complaining… I love the current system compared to FP+. But I do hope they ultimately implement something new that provides a better balance.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Could be day of / start of reservation / hopper.
Look to the seas for how it could be's.
DCL has a program that works.
The more that you've paid opens paths to be played
With more cruises unlocking your perks.

What I'm suggesting is tres interesting
Your level of hotel is key.
While value gets one, and mods get another
Those staying deluxe will get three.

DVC is a quandry, like restaurants from Landry
They'll have their own program for passes
But like anything now, you can bet your brown cow --
Put the blame on the Bobs, those big ...
executives.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You know this place, if somebody sees a crack in a pavement by the time a thread starts it's a sinkhole and the sky is falling in.
1625484931097.png

Well, if the shoe fits...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
For a glorified motel no less....trust me i love the Disney touches and its one of my favorite resorts but moderate pricing and value pricing is bonkers.
Only if people won't pay it. Otherwise, it makes perfect business sense.

Welcome to the market economy, Mr Anderson.

G00fyDad

Actually — I’m not complaining. It’s going wonderfully now without FP, the standby line is constantly moving. The position in the standby line that took an hour during FP+ is now taking just 10 minutes.

The people currently complaining are the ones complaining about the current system and want FP+ back.

I recall my last trip… I was about 100th on the standby line for Mine Train. Currently, without FP… that would be walk on the ride in about 3-4 minutes. But on my last trip, that was a wait of over 20 minutes.

So I’m not complaining… I love the current system compared to FP+. But I do hope they ultimately implement something new that provides a better balance.
So you're saying you haven't been complaining about the lines with fastpass? Seriously? 🤣🤣

The lines are moving steadily right now without fast pass because there's only a fraction of the normal amount of people in the parks. You're dealing with lower crowd levels and not normal summer crowds. Please stop comparing the two. 😉👍

G00fyDad

Anybody who has worked in attractions knows the rule of thumb generally 80 FP people to 20 standby. If FP is backed up, that number goes up. So you could very well have 80, maybe more.

In all the years I have gone to Disney World I have never even once watched 80 people flow past the standby line. That is absolutely and unequivocally insane. Just stop. I've been on attractions in the fastpass line and gotten to the end at the merge point and routinely watch the CM stop the standby line for a moment and let maybe 5 to 10 fastpass people through then stop them and then let the same amount or more standby people through. Then when they would take them another 5 to 10 fastpass people. So if you, working as an attraction CM we're letting 80 fastpass people through for every 20 standby people then you are the problem. 😉

havoc315

You’re forgetting a key variable though, the number of people that previously would have been in the standby line with you who now are not because they are in a fastpass line.

No… not forgetting. They still are in line. The FP gives them extra time, to get back in line for the same attraction or to get in another standby line, that they wouldn’t have had time for.

For example— without FP, I’d ride FOP 1 time per day. If I have a FP, I ride it at least twice.

Most people that use a fast pass, they use the time they “saved” to get back in standby lines.

So 80% of a ride capacity is used for FP. Yes, the standby line might be shorter than if FP didn’t exist — but it’s not 80% shorter.

Fast passes only makes lines longer on net in your scenario if it leads the average person to ride more rides per day then without fastpass.

Ding ding ding. And that’s exactly what happens.

As someone with young kids who even with fastpass rarely could ride more than one ride per hour between bathroom breaks and changing diapers and etc, I totally believe that fastpass didn’t raise lines in the aggregate, especially as it helped redistribute people to lower volume rides.

That was the goal of FP+. But how many people are rushing to use their BATB FP within its window. Most guests aren’t shifting away from Test Track to Figment instead, just because they got the Figment FP.

Heck, I once had a few days in a disney trip where, because of a recovery situation, I had 3 fastpasses booked at Magic Kingdom plus 3 anytime any ride recovery fastpasses. I literally could not use them all.

havoc315

So you're saying you haven't been complaining about the lines with fastpass? Seriously? 🤣🤣

The lines are moving steadily right now without fast pass because there's only a fraction of the normal amount of people in the parks. You're dealing with lower crowd levels and not normal summer crowds. Please stop comparing the two. 😉👍

No… lines are moving faster specifically due to the lack of FP.
With the recent capacity increases, attendance is pretty close to normal July attendance. (Most parks aren’t even hitting the capacity limits for the rest of the month).
And there are fewer attractions operating:
So the attractions that are operating have greater demand than a normal summer. All the premium rides are running at full capacity.

Lines are moving faster, purely because there is no FP right now.

G00fyDad

No… lines are moving faster specifically due to the lack of FP.
With the recent capacity increases, attendance is pretty close to normal July attendance. (Most parks aren’t even hitting the capacity limits for the rest of the month).
And there are fewer attractions operating:
So the attractions that are operating have greater demand than a normal summer. All the premium rides are running at full capacity.

Lines are moving faster, purely because there is no FP right now.
I'm sick and tired of arguing with you about this. This is the last I'm going to say on the subject and then I will not be responding to this lunacy. FASTPASS DOES NOT MAKE THE LINE GO SLOWER. END OF STORY. I don't care what crazy scenario you keep coming up with to try to back up your point. IT DOES NOT MAKE THE LINES LONGER TO ANY DISCERNIBLE AMOUNT. So I'm going to continue to go to Disney World and use fastpass (or whatever system they ARE coming up with) like a surgeon. You can continue sitting in the standby line impotently screaming about how much more imaginary time of yours is being wasted by us.

havoc315

Christ almighty! I'm so sick and tired of arguing with you about this. This is the last I'm going to say on the subject and then I will not be responding to this lunacy. FASTPASS DOES NOT MAKE THE LINE GO SLOWER. END OF STORY. I don't care what crazy scenario you keep coming up with to try to back up your point. IT DOES NOT MAKE THE LINES LONGER TO ANY DISCERNIBLE AMOUNT. So I'm going to continue to go to Disney World and use fastpass (or whatever system they ARE coming up with) like a surgeon. You can continue sitting in the standby line impotently screaming about how much more imaginary time of yours is being wasted by us.

You can scream all you want. You're still wrong. It makes standby lines longer. Simple fact, shown by every objective study. (And known to Disney's internal team, which is the real reason they suspended it. It wasn't about social distancing, it was because they knew FP eats up capacity faster, so when running limited capacity, they had to suspend FP).
When you add FP to attractions that didn't have FP before, wait times go up:

We started to see it in 2019, pre-pandemic, when FP was "turned on" at Smuggler's run. Standby wait times started to rise, by about 10-15 minutes on average.

havoc315

In all the years I have gone to Disney World I have never even once watched 80 people flow past the standby line.

?!?!?!?! Then you've never been on a line. So if you are 500 people back in a standby line, waiting for 30 minutes, you don't see 80 FP holders over those 30 minutes???

That is absolutely and unequivocally insane. Just stop. I've been on attractions in the fastpass line and gotten to the end at the merge point and routinely watch the CM stop the standby line for a moment and let maybe 5 to 10 fastpass people through then stop them and then let the same amount or more standby people through. Then when they would take them another 5 to 10 fastpass people. So if you, working as an attraction CM we're letting 80 fastpass people through for every 20 standby people then you are the problem. 😉

That's how it is designed to work --- 70-80 FP for every 20-30 standby.

TrojanUSC

In all the years I have gone to Disney World I have never even once watched 80 people flow past the standby line. That is absolutely and unequivocally insane. Just stop. I've been on attractions in the fastpass line and gotten to the end at the merge point and routinely watch the CM stop the standby line for a moment and let maybe 5 to 10 fastpass people through then stop them and then let the same amount or more standby people through. Then when they would take them another 5 to 10 fastpass people. So if you, working as an attraction CM we're letting 80 fastpass people through for every 20 standby people then you are the problem. 😉

Have you worked in or managed WDW attractions? I understand your anecdotal examples but the rule is that for every 80 FP 20 standby people get in. That is trained across the board.

However to your untrained eye they may not be waiting for 80 FP to get through. They may allow in a small handful of standby, then a big group of FP, but the ratio remains the same.

G00fyDad

Have you worked in or managed WDW attractions? I understand your anecdotal examples but the rule is that for every 80 FP 20 standby people get in. That is trained across the board.

However to your untrained eye they may not be waiting for 80 FP to get through. They may allow in a small handful of standby, then a big group of FP, but the ratio remains the same.
Justin Timberlake Reaction GIF

So.... About them FastPasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom