FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

It's true - people are starting to forget what the wait times were pre-COVID.

We're hesitant to re-do the scale until we know what Disney's doing with FastPass/Genie/Access+/Lightning/Etc., and how that's going to affect standby waits. We still think the wait in line is the best metric to use.
It's tricky for my family because we are comparing crowds and number of attractions with prior trips, so if only really looking at standby waits it makes everything seem more crowded. So you may update a park to 3 or 4 retroactively where it feels like a 7 in 2019. It would help if we could know what's coming, of course.

pdude81

Still slowly moving forwards. Currently seems you can forget the ridiculous 60 and 30 days planning ahead.
I'm trying to understand how to parse this. Are you saying that currently this is moving towards "day of" only (no pre-planning)? Or just that fillintheblank+ is not coming all that soon.

dreday3

Still slowly moving forwards. Currently seems you can forget the ridiculous 60 and 30 days planning ahead.

Sounds like buy day of?

So the later in the day, the more wine I've had, the more likely I am to buy. :D

I wish they would start it for everyone going this summer just so I can watch, learn and be ready for October...

Jrb1979

I'm trying to understand how to parse this. Are you saying that currently this is moving towards "day of" only (no pre-planning)? Or just that fillintheblank+ is not coming all that soon.
Sounds moving to day of. Which I like as I am not a big planner when I go to parks.

lewisc

Disney could follow Uber (airlines, some concerts...) lead and use dynamic pricing. Looks like SDD wishes might sell out by lunch. Double the price to reduce demand. HoP has no takers at a low price. Lower the price to a dollar total for your group. Important for guest getting used to pay for play

DisneyHead123

Never sure about the rules / etiquette with linking other Disney sites here, but a site, let’s call them “P & P” posted a fairly detailed prediction yesterday involving a system where you can buy or be granted “wishes” from the Genie app. No idea if there’s anything to this at all.

Waters Back Side

Never sure about the rules / etiquette with linking other Disney sites here, but a site, let’s call them “P & P” posted a fairly detailed prediction yesterday involving a system where you can buy or be granted “wishes” from the Genie app. No idea if there’s anything to this at all.
I saw that also. My thoughts were IF this is the plan that's more for down the road in October or sometime during the 50th. Maybe day of fast passes is the current way of Disney providing them now as they continue to increase capacity and work on the platform. That's how I interpreted it if this is true regarding the Genie app. I noticed that source also mentioned the wishes might be a free perk for Deluxe AND Moderate guests. But they also mentioned this is all subject to change.

mysto

It can also work against us depending now how expensive they get and how early they run out.

Without planning we may wind up with a ROTR VQ situation every day for every ride. 5 seconds after 7 am all fast passes are gone.

I guess it's not much different from all passes being taken at the 60 day mark, but with more players in the lottery as the need to plan weeds a few out.

I would almost prefer an actually lottery rather than the quick fingers method. Put your request in in advance and wait for the draw.

Disney Glimpses

You might have to select your FP+ for a whole trip the day you arrive at WDW? That be tough.

I’m probably not understanding though.
The best system would be one that re-hydrates inventory every single hour the park is open so that you're under no pressure to make a reservation at a specific time for anything.

mjspin

I’ve read more of this thread than I care to admit, but nevertheless may have missed a discussion on this, in which case I apologise.
To replace FP+, how about a system like the TapuTapu over the street, which is effectively how DAS works already?
It could certainly cut down on the need to pre-plan so much whilst achieving the Disney goal of having folks be able to spend money whilst they are virtually queueing. Perhaps combined with either a paid version (inc. certain number free for resort guests) this could be an all round good solution?
Queues at non-E ticket attractions would likely self regulate with no need for fast pass there. I suspect I’m missing something but can’t quite see what.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting concept for start of reservation (assuming hotel reservation and not park reservation). That brings back the length of stay advantage without as much pre-planning.
Yes. Potentially you can book / buy passes x amount of days ahead once you check in. It may have an upper limit.

Potentially. This bit is unclear. Though to be honest nothing is concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom