fastpass.. for it or against it?

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
hey all!.. first time poster, big time disney fan. Im 20 years old and ive been going with my family twice a year since i was born "sometimes 3 times".. and something that has really bothered me over the past few years is fastpass.. i assume that alot of the people on this board are not first time disney goers, and arent waiting at the gates for the parks to open in the morning. I know my family isnt. We usually go at around 8 because weve been there and done that before. BTW u enjoy the parks much better this way :) Anyways!, something that i think is unfair is how fastpass can sell out wayyy earlier in the day than when i would get there at 8pm.. its not fair how u can get a 11pm fastpass during the day and me and other people are stuck for a 80 min wait while you cut the ENTIRE line and we have to wait longer.. Things like 120 minute waits were never seen before fastpass. Thats because while u wait for a bunch of people to go derectly to the loading area your standing there for longer.. i feel that a 80 min wait would be a 40 minute wait which is, cmon people NOT SO BAD.. my family is a season pass holder and im shelling out extra dough to wait the extreme times? not right.. maybe season pass holders should get some kind of fastpass deal?.. what your opinion on the subject? for it or against it?.. well thanks for reading my little rant here, i look forward to contributing on the forums!

Astro_Digital

First of all this has been asked 100times.

Second if I had an Alias to pick again I would pick FASTPASSFAN.

I am like most people a tourist in Florida I live 1100 miles away in the vast frozen tundra sometimes called Canada.

I go for WDW for maybe 3 or 4 days once a year and I need to make the best of it. Arrive when the parks open leave when they close. I find it very selffish when residents of Florida and Annual Passholders complain.

Do they not know WDW is a Tourist designation it is not meet to cater to people that are lucky live a few hundred miles from the parks? I like the statement paying extra for season passes. What does a season pass cost? $359, $239 IT IS FRACTION OF WHAT POOR SLOBS OUTSIDE OF THE STATE PAY !!!!!!

Fast pass is the only way us tourists, 995 of us can see all four parks.

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
i live in new york im not from fl.. and one of my points is, if there was NO fastpass.. EVERYONE would get on the ride in a reasonable time.. its kinda selfish that people want instant gratification... all im sayin is those late times like 10pm-12am those fast passes should be available later.. and to wake up and do the park all day and worry about getting there! and seeing that!.. man you miss almost all that disney is about.. and sorry if this has been talked about theres 1,000's of threads i didnt c it anywhere ha

wdwmomof3

First of all this has been asked 100times.

Second if I had an Alias to pick again I would pick FASTPASSFAN.

I am like most people a tourist in Florida I live 1100 miles away in the vast frozen tundra sometimes called Canada.

I go for WDW for maybe 3 or 4 days once a year and I need to make the best of it. Arrive when the parks open leave when they close. I find it very selffish when residents of Florida and Annual Passholders complain.

Do they not know WDW is a Tourist designation it is not meet to cater to people that are lucky live a few hundred miles from the parks? I like the statement paying extra for season passes. What does a season pass cost? $359, $239 IT IS FRACTION OF WHAT POOR SLOBS OUTSIDE OF THE STATE PAY !!!!!!

Fast pass is the only way us tourists, 995 of us can see all four parks.

I totally agree. We are not season pass holders and only get to the park once a year if we are lucky. We are there when the parks open to get the most out of our time and money. I also think that it's great that Disney offers fastpass, we should get something special for all of the money that we spend there.

I don't understand why the OP is complaining, he can do the same thing we do? Maybe he needs to stick around this board and learn from the best. :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i live in new york im not from fl.. and one of my points is, if there was NO fastpass.. EVERYONE would get on the ride in a reasonable time.. its kinda selfish that people want instant gratification... all im sayin is those late times like 10pm-12am those fast passes should be available later.. and to wake up and do the park all day and worry about getting there! and seeing that!.. man you miss almost all that disney is about.. and sorry if this has been talked about theres 1,000's of threads i didnt c it anywhere ha
Search is your friend.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/search.php?searchid=2518110

pacochran

Overall my family like the fastpasses and we do utilize them especially on certain rides.

I do agree that it seems unfair that on certain rides the fastpasses are given out before the day is out. I know with Toy Story by 12 all the fastpasses for the day are given out, so if you don't know that and don't get over there first thing in the morning you are out of luck.

Maybe they should find a way to stagger the distribution of fastpasses and close it for different periods during the day and then reopen it, so that it spreads it out over the day.

I must admit I like the Universal "Fastpass" of, if you stay in their resort your room key is like a fastpass. With Disney and all it's resorts this wouldn't work, as Universal only has three on site resorts, so not as many people.

SirGoofy

Fastpass is fine, for the attractions that need it. There are a ton of rides that have FP that don't need it.

MK

Peter Pan's Flight
PhilharMagic
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch

EPCOT
Maelstrom

Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania
Indiana Jones

DAK is fine, but all those attractions I've listed don't need FP.

WDWmazprty

Fastpass is fine, for the attractions that need it. There are a ton of rides that have FP that don't need it.

MK
Peter Pan's Flight
PhilharMagic
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch

EPCOT
Maelstrom

Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania
Indiana Jones

Agreed! :D

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
Overall my family like the fastpasses and we do utilize them especially on certain rides.

I do agree that it seems unfair that on certain rides the fastpasses are given out before the day is out. I know with Toy Story by 12 all the fastpasses for the day are given out, so if you don't know that and don't get over there first thing in the morning you are out of luck.

Maybe they should find a way to stagger the distribution of fastpasses and close it for different periods during the day and then reopen it, so that it spreads it out over the day.

I must admit I like the Universal "Fastpass" of, if you stay in their resort your room key is like a fastpass. With Disney and all it's resorts this wouldn't work, as Universal only has three on site resorts, so not as many people.

thats all im sayinn.. i mean if i had it my way id do away with it.. but theres nothing wrong with that.. like 12 pm its all gone? than u gotta wait 200minutes!.. before fastpass there was no such animal of 200 minutes

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
thats all im sayinn.. i mean if i had it my way id do away with it.. but theres nothing wrong with that.. like 12 pm its all gone? than u gotta wait 200minutes!.. before fastpass there was no such animal of 200 minutes
Here is a thought...Get to the parks say a little before 8 pm. You would be surprised at what you could get done with an additional 11 hours.

Figment632

Wow another FP thread the answer is for it 100%. Before FP I remeber waiting in 100 min lines for most attractions during peak season. The one and only thing wrong with the FP system is that it shouldn't be offered at omnimover attractions.

jakeman

MK

Peter Pan's Flight
PhilharMagic
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch

EPCOT
Maelstrom

Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania
Indiana Jones

Mathmatically, FP is fine for the busy attractions (I agree that some of those listed do not have waits that warrent a FP system). Lack of training and enforcement is the problem.

Don't blame the system, blame the operators.

:wave:You can't make everyone happy I guess in life.
I am thankful for fastpass. Sometimes I couldn't get one. That is how it is. Take the good and the bad. Besides its WDW (The greatest place ever) who cares as long as I am there living the experience. I've been there over 27 times now and I could just stand there and take in the smells and watch all the kids running around and be just as happy. (That's just my opionion)
~Tinkerchelli~ :sohappy:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Having more than the intelligence of an amoeba , I have learned the terribly difficult concept of Fatspass operation, as a result I love fast pass it suits how I tour the park.

I do feel nothing but sympathy for those poor folks who having decided to remain in bed when Im out at a park riding, and then have to Q for hours.

Yeah right....................................................

klineski96

We usually go at around 8 because weve been there and done that before. BTW u enjoy the parks much better this way :) Anyways!, something that i think is unfair is how fastpass can sell out wayyy earlier in the day than when i would get there at 8pm.. its not fair how u can get a 11pm fastpass during the day and me and other people are stuck for a 80 min wait while you cut the ENTIRE line and we have to wait longer..

You know what I hate and think is totally unfair? When people have the nerve to call ahead and make a dinner reservation! I expect to walk into Le Cellier, California Grill, or O'Hana for dinner and get a table. But all these other people have called ahead and made a reservation in advance! It's not fair that I have to wait for a table, or that I get turned away all together, just because I got there at dinner time without a reservation.

:hammer:

DisneyMusician2

You know what I hate and think is totally unfair? When people have the nerve to call ahead and make a dinner reservation! I expect to walk into Le Cellier, California Grill, or O'Hana for dinner and get a table. But all these other people have called ahead and made a reservation in advance! It's not fair that I have to wait for a table, or that I get turned away all together, just because I got there at dinner time without a reservation.

:hammer:

Yeah, and it stinks that they let those disabled people hold up the bus lines with their bulky wheelchairs, too.:lookaroun

Wake up early, get some FP's, and enjoy the park! You can't convince me that FP is unfair or that it ruins lines. It actually makes your touring more efficient if you utilize it properly.

Figment632

Yeah, and it stinks that they let those disabled people hold up the bus lines with their bulky wheelchairs, too.:lookaroun

Wake up early, get some FP's, and enjoy the park! You can't convince me that FP is unfair or that it ruins lines. It actually makes your touring more efficient if you utilize it properly.

LOL wheelchairs. No we just need someone to post about monorail expansion and this thread will be complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom