fastpass.. for it or against it?

Wilt Dasney

I like the title of this thread...very cut and dry.

a865_bush_sept_20_2001_speech_2050081722-7321.jpg

"You are either with us, or you are with the FastPasses!"

gspin2k1

hey all!.. first time poster, big time disney fan. Im 20 years old and ive been going with my family twice a year since i was born "sometimes 3 times".. and something that has really bothered me over the past few years is fastpass.. i assume that alot of the people on this board are not first time disney goers, and arent waiting at the gates for the parks to open in the morning. I know my family isnt. We usually go at around 8 because weve been there and done that before. BTW u enjoy the parks much better this way :) Anyways!, something that i think is unfair is how fastpass can sell out wayyy earlier in the day than when i would get there at 8pm.. its not fair how u can get a 11pm fastpass during the day and me and other people are stuck for a 80 min wait while you cut the ENTIRE line and we have to wait longer.. Things like 120 minute waits were never seen before fastpass. Thats because while u wait for a bunch of people to go derectly to the loading area your standing there for longer.. i feel that a 80 min wait would be a 40 minute wait which is, cmon people NOT SO BAD.. my family is a season pass holder and im shelling out extra dough to wait the extreme times? not right.. maybe season pass holders should get some kind of fastpass deal?.. what your opinion on the subject? for it or against it?.. well thanks for reading my little rant here, i look forward to contributing on the forums!

Really dude? I mean if you're showing up at 8 pm, why do you get to skip the line and the rest of us who've been there all day have to wait? Honestly I love fast pass. It's a good system. And actually the more you go to Disney the more you realize you need to get there at opening, unless of course you live close by with an annual pass and just feel like stopping by for the night, a few rides, snacks and pictures. But yeah Fast Pass is awesome. Don't want to wait in line, easy go during quiet time, or show up early. Or just come in early get your fast passes, and then spend the rest of the time doing other stuff (or even go back home) and come back later.

Fast pass is awesome. Especially since it's free.

~G

gspin2k1

I do remember when I went to Disney Land as a kid (before fast pass) it was fun and horrible, because yeah we had to wait 1-2 hours for literally EVERY ride we went on. We hardly got to do anything else but wait for a ride, ride it, then wait for another ride.

At least with fast pass you don't have to spend so much of your day waiting. You get a fast pass, wait in line for one ride with everyone else who probably has fast pass for another ride just like you (or the same ride if they want to ride it twice). Then you ride the ride, you have some time to explore the park, take pictures, eat. Fast pass window is open, grab a fast pass for the next ride. Then ride the ride for your first fast pass. Then now you have more time again to explore and do all the other cool Disney things there are to do before your next fast pass window. It's not like fast pass eliminated waiting completely, but at least you dont' spend all day doing it.

I love fast pass. I only wish I could get more of them faster lol.

~G

disneysroyal411

Fastpass is fine, for the attractions that need it. There are a ton of rides that have FP that don't need it.

MK

Peter Pan's Flight
PhilharMagic
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch

EPCOT
Maelstrom

Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania
Indiana Jones

DAK is fine, but all those attractions I've listed don't need FP.

Ok first off your wrong with some. I know for a fact that these rides need a fastpass. PPF, BLSRS, and TSMM. Those lines are long and miserable. Ok in Peter Pan there's nothing to do. Buzz Lightyear hurts my ears, BADLY, and Toy Story is just long anyway ok. So yah.

SirGoofy

Ok first off your wrong with some. I know for a fact that these rides need a fastpass. PPF, BLSRS, and TSMM. Those lines are long and miserable. Ok in Peter Pan there's nothing to do. Buzz Lightyear hurts my ears, BADLY, and Toy Story is just long anyway ok. So yah.

Believe me, Buzz and TSMM do not need FP, and their lines would go much swifter without it. Midway Mania's line is unbearably long because of fastpass, and Buzz would never be longer than 30-45 minutes if fastpass was taken out.

As for PPF, if the castmember is doing their job correctly, it wouldn't need FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom