fastpass.. for it or against it?

As a Florida resident and AP I love FP. We get to the park at a reasonable time, pick up a couple passes and enjoy the day.

I am not sure why anyone would go to the park at 8pm, but that is just me.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Seriously?
If there were no FastPass, non-locals would be screwed over. It's the only way to make sure you can get on some attractions.
Instead of complaining about it, why don't you practice some planning and utilize it?

DisneyJoe

Ok we have the mention of wheelchairs and fifth gate, now we just need scooters and monorail expansion and this thread can end.

My wife is always screaming at my kids in their strollers that they forgot the refillable mugs at the last resort we went pool hopping at....and my father in his scooter can't understand why the monorail wasn't expanded years ago because he hates being loaded onto the buses and being stared at....

:ROFLOL:

the-reason14

thats all im sayinn.. i mean if i had it my way id do away with it.. but theres nothing wrong with that.. like 12 pm its all gone? than u gotta wait 200minutes!.. before fastpass there was no such animal of 200 minutes

If you're at disney and wait times are that long, then maybe you should plan going a different time of year. I dont think I have ever seen a 150 or 100 min. wait for anything. Maybe Soarin and TSM, but other stuff no. The only people who complain about fastpass are the ones who dont know how to use it IMO. And if you are getting to the parks anytime after noon just because you've been there before or you chose not to, then you really have no reason to complain. If you get there early enough, you should be able to ride pretty much all the major stuff without using fastpass. But if your smart, then you'll get there early, do all the major stuff, and at the same time get fastpasses so that you can do the major stuff again when the lines get long. Its really not that difficult.

But in all, I guess its a good thing some people dont know how to use the fastpass effectively, those are the same people who snarl and frown at me, when I speed by in the fastpass line while I smile back. :D:D

magicmaya

I hate how people get a FP for space mountain and your just sittin next to them and they are just bragging.I used a space mountain FP before and it felt good and bad at the same time.

Animaniac93-98

Seriously?
If there were no FastPass, non-locals would be screwed over. It's the only way to make sure you can get on some attractions.
Instead of complaining about it, why don't you practice some planning and utilize it?

Yup, 'cause that's gonna make them use both load areas for stand by guests and Fastpass guests at BTMRR right? Some attractions that have Fastpass are very poorly organized and Single Rider lines are far more efficient and practical anyway. TT single rider is a walk on while stand by and Faspass guts actually have to wait to board.

Continuously loading, theater and higher capacity attractions should not have Fastpass at all. HM thankfully does not anymore, but if TDL can run Jungle Cruise with 40 minute waits when attractions like Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Monsters Inc actually have 3 and 4 hour waits, there's no excuse for why MK's JC should have 35 min waits when the park is not busy and Splash has a 20 min wait. JC's Fastpass line is quite slow actually and you can easily wait just as long for it as the stand-by line.

I've seen only a few attractions at WDW that actually handle Fastpass well without completely screwing up the ride's capacity in general.

MyLittleAngels

Wow ... There's nothing like being rude to a new poster who came in and *gasp* had the nerve to speak about his (her?) opinion.

What is wrong with you people? *EVERYONE* is entitled to their opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

I happen to be a local, and frequently don't get the parks until the later afternoon. We work, and have kids in school. Which means on days when we do choose to head out, we have only a couple of hours max to do attractions. I'm sure you out-of-towners are jealous of that, but if you don't like it, move here like I did. Problem solved.

Perhaps you aren't considering the fact that the OP probably has a job to go to, which means 8pm may be the earliest feasible time to hit the parks. When the lines are long, it means you just don't have time to ride things if you go, especially if FPs are all gone.

I personally think FP is a waste, and if you don't like my opinion, oh well - I'm still as entitled as you are to share it.

hardcard

This thread makes me ashamed to call myself a member of this website.. You should be ashamed of yourself Kobe!

1000 posts on this topic? Tough! here's 1001!... Poster didn't research? go cry in the corner.. it's not the end of the world...

Once again, you children show your true colors by name calling, and attacking someone based on their opinion..

SirGoofy

Yup, 'cause that's gonna make them use both load areas for stand by guests and Fastpass guests at BTMRR right? Some attractions that have Fastpass are very poorly organized and Single Rider lines are far more efficient and practical anyway. TT single rider is a walk on while stand by and Faspass guts actually have to wait to board.

Continuously loading, theater and higher capacity attractions should not have Fastpass at all. HM thankfully does not anymore, but if TDL can run Jungle Cruise with 40 minute waits when attractions like Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Monsters Inc actually have 3 and 4 hour waits, there's no excuse for why MK's JC should have 35 min waits when the park is not busy and Splash has a 20 min wait. JC's Fastpass line is quite slow actually and you can easily wait just as long for it as the stand-by line.

I've seen only a few attractions at WDW that actually handle Fastpass well without completely screwing up the ride's capacity in general.

Very good post, pretty much how I feel about FP.

Teddi

This person just wanted to start a conversation about fastpasses and gave his opinion...and he clearly states that it is his first post. I wish people weren't so ready to throw him to the sharks. Is that how you would want to be treated if you were a noob to ANY forum? :shrug:

As for my opinion....I don't like fastpass. I think it's because I typically only go to WDW for 2-3 days at a time (2 or 3 times per year) so I park hop every day. When I go to get a fastpass at 11 and it says come back at 5:30 (or later!), it doesn't work for me because by that time I will be in a different park. So then I get in the long standby line and the merging fastpass line makes it move excruciatingly slow.
I admit that I probably get one fastpass a day that I get to use and (of course) it's great to speed to the front of the line. But I'd trade getting that one pass to make all the other lines shorter any day.
Again, that's why fastpass doesn't work for ME on MY trips. I'm sure if I visited for a week or more I could get much more use out of it.

magicmaya

This person just wanted to start a conversation about fastpasses and gave his opinion...and he clearly states that it is his first post. I wish people weren't so ready to throw him to the sharks. Is that how you would want to be treated if you were a noob to ANY forum? :shrug:

As for my opinion....I don't like fastpass. I think it's because I typically only go to WDW for 2-3 days at a time (2 or 3 times per year) so I park hop every day. When I go to get a fastpass at 11 and it says come back at 5:30 (or later!), it doesn't work for me because by that time I will be in a different park. So then I get in the long standby line and the merging fastpass line makes it move excruciatingly slow.
I admit that I probably get one fastpass a day that I get to use and (of course) it's great to speed to the front of the line. But I'd trade getting that one pass to make all the other lines shorter any day.
Again, that's why fastpass doesn't work for ME on MY trips. I'm sure if I visited for a week or more I could get much more use out of it.

I hate how people are rude to the new posters.It's ok I got over the rudeness last month.Im over it...REALLY!:wave::):D:eek::rolleyes::(:mad:

MyLittleAngels

The OP stated in post #3 "i live in new york im not from fl"....

Fine .. The OP isn't from FL. That is still no excuse for the appalling way he was treated in the posts that followed.

And, as a reply to the general public, just because someone chooses to cross through the gates at 8PM doesn't make their way "the wrong way" .. Perhaps he's enjoying other aspects of his vacation, and is taking advantage of the multitudes of activitied offered around property. It doesn't change the fact that he has the right to voice his opinion, even if you (general you, of course ... wouldn't want to be flamed for not making that clear :hammer:) don't like it.

And just for the record, I'm saddened by the fact my 100th post had to be defending someone from the rampant zealotry too often found on this board.

goodtimes5286

Fastpass is fine, for the attractions that need it. There are a ton of rides that have FP that don't need it.

MK
Peter Pan's Flight
PhilharMagic
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch

EPCOT
Maelstrom

Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania
Indiana Jones

DAK is fine, but all those attractions I've listed don't need FP.
LMAO TSMM??? really? why?

I've seen JC, BLSRS, and malstrom get big, so imo if your a big fan, take your fastpass for it.

I think its a gimick to make sure that people who are 'fans' of certain rides get to ride that ride on there vacation b/c like you guys said, many of you are from far away and come for a couple days, how heartbreaking is it to go home without riding your favorite ride? I know i still feel the suck b/c i didnt go on TSMM last time i went to the land of magic. But next time im gonna go to DHS FIRST and get one just BECAUSE of the FP, if it wasnt for that i would never go to DHS 1st. DAK and Epcot are the best parks in the morning for my money, MK is an all dayer, and DHS is a late night adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom