Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

jakeman

Looks reasonable, and honestly, very nice.:D
Interesting that carnival games are okay here (which is what the art alludes to) but are panned in Dinorama.

Honestly, I would love it it ALL got refurbed. It wouldn't be to hard to just change the facades with the attractions open, just look at MSUSA.
What facades have completely changed there?

How?! A park vs a Land....
I agree. This looks to be a good addition but nowhere near the scope or ambition of DAK.

Yeah, I got the opposite of that. He looked uncomfortable, spoke uncomfortably, and honestly just didn't feel into it. IMHO, of course.
The way he has been characterized online is more than likely no where near his true personality. He is probably not a cruel baby eating orge nor is he a foaming fanboy. He's an executive at a company and probably just a normal guy.

If people talked about me the way people talk about him, I would be terrified, boardline for my personal safety, to be on stage in front of that same crowd.

FigmentJedi

THe carnival games in Dumbo will actually be free considering it's part of waiting for getting into the ride itself. I'm not worried about that at all.

dhall

I've got a theory. They keep saying "3 ring circus". Basically, what I see happening, si you enter the first ring and it has say 3 games/activities, the second ring has 2, and the final ring has 1. And then after the third ring, you are put onto the rides. When the people are on the rides are taken off, the people from the third ring go on, and then the people from the second ring go to the third, etc.

That's my theory.:shrug:

I think you're close, but to me, that sounds a little more complicated than your average group of disney visitors can pull off correctly without getting lost, and it also leaves almost no time in each ring for there to be any sort of interactivity for 30-ish people to partake in. If each twister cycles once per 90 sec (counting load/unload time (which seems optimistic, frankly)), having each ring act as a separate holding pen makes more sense -- don't move from ring to ring, just stay in one and interact with whatever is there to interact with. It's easier to keep a group of 30ish in one place and let the entertainment come to them.

jakeman

3425712473_d3520f3f65.jpg

Am I just missing something in the art? I don't see the carni games anywhere.

If that's what they end up being, color me disappointed.
Just an assumption, but this appears to be one of those "shoot the water in the mouth pop the ballon games".

jimmyritt33

As the father of 2 toddler boys, i'd say the Fantasyland expansion looks beautiful in the concept art. But it's Princess'ed to death. The Dumbo concept art looks exciting although i'll be a little sad at Toontown taking any kind of hit.

Mr. I. Crane

I'm excited about all the changes. It kind of feels like seeing the construction of the original Fantasyland. I will be going in December and I plan on taking pictures of every inch of the area before all the changes. Hopefully there won't be too many walls up yet. Can't wait!

Timothy_Q

I see there are many out there complaining about the lack of rides and the lack of stuff to do if you're an older male, like myself.

Well, I see this as a fairy-tale version of our dear world showcase, where instead of walking through countries, we're walking through classic disney fairy tales. It's true that apart from TLM, there isn't really any new attractions, but how many attractions are there in world showcase? Still, it's one of the best places in all the parks just to walk around and relax a bit. I'm sure that when the new fantasyland opens, it will not only make thousands of kids' dreams come true, but it will also be a gorgeous place to wander and let some parents cool off.

I mean, can't you enjoy yourself unless you're on rails?

EPCOT Explorer

Interesting that carnival games are okay here (which is what the art alludes to) but are panned in Dinorama.

What facades have completely changed there?

I agree. This looks to be a good addition but nowhere near the scope or ambition of DAK.

The way he has been characterized online is more than likely no where near his true personality. He is probably not a cruel baby eating orge nor is he a foaming fanboy. He's an executive at a company and probably just a normal guy.

If people talked about me the way people talk about him, I would be terrified, boardline for my personal safety, to be on stage in front of that same crowd.

I've never complained about Dino Rama.:shrug:

Recently,they haven't changed, but a TON of extensive work was done. The same could be done here.

A few years ago, the Emporium did change, however, by Center Street. So...yeah, it's possible.

There's a reason why people gain these reputations.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

He was nervous but he is a bit like Lasseter in enjoying the stuff. No doubt.
Eh. We will see what he does in the future.
11.jpg

Glad to see that turkey legs will still be included after the big expansion.
:lol:
More thoughts:

- I know this is way to early to speculate but I hope each section has it's own area music loop. Walking into the BatB section and hearing the first 30 seconds of the prologue music from that movie would be amazing. Or what about the Tour of the Kingdom music from The Little Mermaid? Lots of possibilities for source music to be expanded upon.

- I also hope the Batb area will have fake tress planted to give a perpetual autumn look to the area like what is shown in the movie's opening and concept art. I also wonder if the Ballroom and West Wing are 2 of the 3 eating areas of Be Our Guest what will be the third? And will their connecting hallways feature suits of armour who's heads follow at you as you walk by?

- Finally about BatB I think the area itself will far more please fans of the film than any ride shoehorned into Snow White's building. The size of the area coupled with the detail and the ability to tour and interact with it at your own pace and have a different experience each time will be much better than some 3 minute trip that's done before you know it.

- I doubt Dumbo's queue won't be a line. More likely a queue around an arena area with games along it so it can be called an "attraction" when it is really a line for the Dumbo ride

- I was concerned about the castle wall's effect on traffic too, but jakeman is right about Dumbo already blocking people there so it can't be much worse.

- I have no issue with the current look for West Fantasyland staying. Not much can be done with Small World's exterior and since the Carousel won't go I say just keep it the way it is. It's only one section after all (just update and improve Peter on the inside and repaint the Carousel's canopy).

Good thoughts in those first two. I hope Disney and WDI thinks that much about the theme and feeling....especially the music. That would give me goosebumps.:D

Agreed on FL West. It's fine over there.

When do you think they will redo the snow white and pooh bear rides queues? D you think they will redo them in July 2011? Hope not since that will be my next visit

jmuboy

The Snow White is not being redone. Only the Pooh ride's queue.

Personally, I do hope a technology upgrade is planned for the Peter Pan ride something along the lines of the HM re-do. Where its esentially the same ride, just fully refreshed. "Refreshing" Peter Pan can really be that costly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom