Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

Wilt Dasney

Based on the presentation video, it looks like Disney is trying to include some things to appeal to boys here. The Cinderella meet has the chance for kids to become knights in training (with concept art of boys with medeival weaponry). The Belle meet has a "comic re-telling" of B&tB for kids. The art appears to show a boy dressed in the Beast's purple cape, with a set of furry paws.

I don't agree that girls (or boys) should just "have" their own section of any park, because I think the best attractions have always had appeal that goes beyond gender. To their credit, Disney seems to realize the female-heavy appeal of these princess greets and is making some attempt to compensate.

Like I said earlier, if everyone in the family (girls, boys, and parents) can find something to enjoy here, then I'm OK with it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Are they moving the carousel? I notice in the art the castle is to the right and the carousel is to the left, not behind it anymore. I always liked seeing the carousel through the castle from Main Street.

The carousel stays right where it is. It's just a strange perspective from the artists rendering of how they oriented the castle that makes it look like it's moved.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That is one of the coolest things they have done. They are now going to back the massive circus tents up to the edge of the race track to create a very clear boundry. And, I would imagine from the race track side they won't look like circus tents. That is one of my favorite things about the swapping of Dumbo with PH from what was seen on the blueprint.

Unless Im wrong, unlikely I know, isnt the issue being raised centred around the t-cups, and the Aurora area on the plans, as the main throughfair it has to be fairly open.

SirGoofy

3) It's hard to incorporate any "boy" characters other than villians into a land that's based around the animated fairy tales. Villians are the perfect "boy" incorporation into this theming.

Hercules, Aladdin, Robin Hood, etc.

It would have been easy to throw the boys a bone in the new land.

I actually had a really great Hercules plan for part of the 20K plot, drawn up by a friend of mine. Looks like that's going in the archives.

EDIT: And I want to point out that I am VERY excited about these plans. I was just pointing out that the whole "no boys" thing is a very valid argument. Honestly, I'm tired of being attack for stupid stuff on this site.

JustInTime

Hercules, Aladdin, Robin Hood, etc.

It would have been easy to throw the boys a bone in the new land.

I actually had a really great Hercules plan for part of the 20K plot, drawn up by a friend of mine. Looks like that's going in the archives.

lol. Your archives.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That is one of the coolest things they have done. They are now going to back the massive circus tents up to the edge of the race track to create a very clear boundry. And, I would imagine from the race track side they won't look like circus tents. That is one of my favorite things about the swapping of Dumbo with PH from what was seen on the blueprint.

Yeah I see that, however all that is in the area now occupied by Toontown. I'm referring to the walkway area by the raceway and the teacups. That's always been kind of an ODD area transition wise.

JustInTime

Ok. I have been very busy with work but I juist want to say how excited I am that WDW is getting this. It has always been my dream to visit all the castles!!!

jt04

Unless Im wrong, unlikely I know, isnt the issue being raised centred around the t-cups, and the Aurora area on the plans, as the main throughfair it has to be fairly open.

It's hard to tell. It appears it will be wide enough for a parade to navigate if they choose that option. But the tents would block the noise from the racetrack and possibly views of SM from FL. I'm sure they are still working out the details but the tents will create a barrier that was not there before.

jt04

Yeah I see that, however all that is in the area now occupied by Toontown. I'm referring to the walkway area by the raceway and the teacups. That's always been kind of an ODD area transition wise.

We need the updated blueprint. :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im at a loss to the purpose and selected position of the castle wall on the blue print. Where does this leave Pooh and the gang plus all the existing attrcations.

Too may pointless questions. :shrug:

_Scar

If you only knew you seem to be the only person who feels like this. :shrug:

LOL, JT is certainly right. Pumbas has said some off the wall comments and seems VERY bitter and so does SirGoofy defending him. COME ON GUYS, lighten up. Don't be such a damper on our parade. This is what we've been waiting for! Come on!

SirGoofy

LOL, JT is certainly right. Pumbas has said some off the wall comments and seems VERY bitter and so does SirGoofy defending him. COME ON GUYS, lighten up. Don't be such a damper on our parade. This is what we've been waiting for! Come on!

Dude, please read my freaking posts before calling me off the freakin wall. I AM EXCITED FOR THIS PROJECT. I was merely saying that the "no boy things" argument was a valid one, and then JT called me a lonely troll.

This is a discussion forum. Not a "Everybody has to agree on everything forum."

Honestly.

EDIT: Martin said he was underwhelmed with the plan. Are you going to cry at him for "Raining on your parade?"

SirGoofy

Whata joke. BTW, Gaston's Tavern, BatB restaurant, knight training at Belle's, Dumbo, and Pooh could certainly be boys things in Fantasyland- not to mention Ariel's Adventures is appealing to both sexes IMO.

I agree about Dumbo, Ariel, and the restaurant. I also said that. Again, read my posts.:wave:

And I never ridiculed jt until he called me a lonely troll.:wave:

I don't appreciate being attack for bringing up what I see as a slight problem in a plan. I'm an engineer. That's what I do. I see, and fix problems.

This new Fantasyland expansion for the Magic Kingdom looks very impressive in terms of scale, but in my opinion, it is sadly unlikely that the new Fantasyland will be re-built that big, because it will most likely be shrunken down to save money :(

Also, I think it looks boring and SO NOT unique, with a direct clone of the Little Mermaid ride, and a bloody circus tent from Dumbo, whoop-di-do!!!:mad: (BORING!!!) I know I am bitter but I hate circuses and clowns (except I like cirque du soleil)...

What needs to be added in the new Fantasyland is a HUGE real lagoon with a fully-functional 200ft long Nautilus sub (not a concrete one, but a proper metal submarine) from 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea docked in the center, with vast tropical landscaping, volcanic rock, palm trees, and waterfalls.

Also, a cave can be built nearby, with Captain Nemo's incredible inventions dispalyed inside.

That would be more interesting, what do you guys think?

NEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEEEEEER :drevil:

Walter Yensid

Dude, please read my freaking posts before calling me off the freakin wall. I AM EXCITED FOR THIS PROJECT. I was merely saying that the "no boy things" argument was a valid one, and then JT called me a lonely troll.

This is a discussion forum. Not a "Everybody has to agree on everything forum."

Honestly.

EDIT: Martin said he was underwhelmed with the plan. Are you going to cry at him for "Raining on your parade?"

For what it's worth, I think SirGoofy has been downright elated by this announcement..look at his past posts. So, has everyone...

I have not enjoyed my time on this site as much as I have for the past 1.5 days. The excitement and energy has been as good as the energy that seems to have 'infested' the new Disney. Let's not get off topic and start the old ways again with a million posts about name-calling and only a few about the amazing things coming our way.

Back to topic, I guess those leaked prints were right about that underground tunnel. It appears that will be the only way Cinderella and her characters could get to her area without entering guest areas. It might also service the Pooh meet-and-greet and possibly Aurora.

cindy_k

Wow! this is very exciting!

I do hope they try and get the BatB Restaurant done first. MK is sadly in need of a new dining spot. Especially with all the free dining offers going around.

Horray for cool annoucement with neat art!:sohappy:

jakeman

Interesting, both the announcement and the reactions.

It seems like it will be a good addition to MK. We'll just have to wait until it is complete see if it lives up to all the hype. I hope it does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom