Fantasmic! gets show lighting upgrades ahead of its 15th anniversary

MiddKid

That's Disneyland though... was there ever one at WDW? I don't remember seeing Ursula in all the years we've been going to that show (but it could be my age). :)

The original post I replied to was in reference to Disneyland's version. No, there never was one in WDW's version.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Naa, the center, I believe, is now where FP+ and dinner packages are being seated. Or am I wrong? I know the dinner packages were moved from the far edge to somewhere near the center, if not the center itself.

The center sections are an amalgamation of dining package, FP+, and VIP. So yes, some of them were dining and FP+, but I'm sure a good deal of the "Lifestylers" received free ears, in exchange for a glowing (get it?) review on their blogs today.

ABQ

The center sections are an amalgamation of dining package, FP+, and VIP. So yes, some of them were dining and FP+, but I'm sure a good deal of the "Lifestylers" received free ears, in exchange for a glowing (get it?) review on their blogs today.
Heh heh, yup, I get it and I'm certain you are correct about the # of freebies.

ExtinctJenn

DH and I were just discussing this. Being the very first night of Fantasmic with these ears and most guests probably having no idea they'd do what they did I have a feeling they (Disney) were also involved in some of the freebies. Just my gut but they no doubt knew web media would be all over this and that videos would be posted. I can't imagine a sea of guests like that having spent $24 on the ears not knowing full well what they did. It's a hunch and probably no one can say either way but I remember thinking the same in the first World of Color w/ Ears videos I swa.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
DH and I were just discussing this. Being the very first night of Fantasmic with these ears and most guests probably having no idea they'd do what they did I have a feeling they (Disney) were also involved in some of the freebies. Just my gut but they no doubt knew web media would be all over this and that videos would be posted. I can't imagine a sea of guests like that having spent $24 on the ears not knowing full well what they did. It's a hunch and probably no one can say either way but I remember thinking the same in the first World of Color w/ Ears videos I swa.

Oh, they weren't even coy about it. The "film crew" announced to the entire theater that folks in the Mickey section would be receiving their ears for free because they needed to film their reactions.

muteki

Oh, they weren't even coy about it. The "film crew" announced to the entire theater that folks in the Mickey section would be receiving their ears for free because they needed to film their reactions.
I believe the same is true for the official videos of glow with the show for World of Color as well. The downside to these is that any one persons enjoyment of the hat depends on how many people around them are wearing them, and that people that aren't wearing them get just as much enjoyment from the view without paying 25$. As such, to make a film I understand the necessity to give them away.

I'm not sure how well they will go over down in Florida. I would think that with the repeat visitors in CA that if it would work anywhere it would be there...but just from anecdotal evidence and reading around they aren't too popular out there either, except when they are giving them away.

ToTBellHop

I believe the same is true for the official videos of glow with the show for World of Color as well. The downside to these is that any one persons enjoyment of the hat depends on how many people around them are wearing them, and that people that aren't wearing them get just as much enjoyment from the view without paying 25$. As such, to make a film I understand the necessity to give them away.

I'm not sure how well they will go over down in Florida. I would think that with the repeat visitors in CA that if it would work anywhere it would be there...but just from anecdotal evidence and reading around they aren't too popular out there either, except when they are giving them away.
Here's a profound idea--raise package prices by $10 in 2014 and give these away to all resort guests "for free". Then sell it as a perk of staying on-site.

DizFiz

At first I thought the ears would take away from the show but after seeing the video the ears add a great effect to the show... after seeing this I can't to see how these ears interact with the other planned shows and I sure will be picking up a pair of these on my next visit to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom