Fantasmic! gets show lighting upgrades ahead of its 15th anniversary

ChristianG

Oh wow. First of all, the new LED lights on the barges are perfect! They are so much more vivid and alive than the previous lighting. Love it and I hope to see a lot more upgrades to Fantasmic like this soon! The Glow With The Show ears are to be a bit distracting as expected, but I'm a fan of the concept so I really liked it!

Slowjack

I wish it weren't true, but I'm finding it harder and harder not be be cynical about WDW. Maybe it's just the rosy tint of memory, but I recall when Disney seemed to be operating under the philosophy that by presenting an amazing show, the profits would come. Now it seems like every time I hear about WDW they've come up with a new way to cleave guests from their money. I guess that counts as innovation?

Mad Stitch

Glow with the Show looks great when nearly everyone in the crowd has them; but when you have small groups of two's and three's spread out amongst a big crowd, it's a bust. Disney should rope of a section exclusively for people who buy the ears so they are grouped together and get their monies worth.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Glow with the Show looks great when nearly everyone in the crowd has them; but when you have small groups of two's and three's spread out amongst a big crowd, it's a bust. Disney should rope of a section exclusively for people who buy the ears so they are grouped together and get their monies worth.
I've heard this before. For WDW, there is an easy answer to this (the same answer they take with refillable mugs)...increase room prices by x amount, and include the units with the rooms.

WDWFan_Boston

I wish it weren't true, but I'm finding it harder and harder not be be cynical about WDW. Maybe it's just the rosy tint of memory, but I recall when Disney seemed to be operating under the philosophy that by presenting an amazing show, the profits would come. Now it seems like every time I hear about WDW they've come up with a new way to cleave guests from their money. I guess that counts as innovation?

It's innovative because, as far as I know, it's the first technology of it's kind in active use at a theme park. Innovative? Yes. Effective? The jury is still out I think.

As far as Disney finding new ways to get your money, that's been going on at Disney Parks since the beginning, friend ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's innovative because, as far as I know, it's the first technology of it's kind in active use at a theme park. Innovative? Yes. Effective? The jury is still out I think.

As far as Disney finding new ways to get your money, that's been going on at Disney Parks since the beginning, friend ;)
It's not new to WDW...DLC has had it for years. I asked Diego Parris about it, and he played dumb nearly 2 years ago...

It takes 2 years to bring happy hats to WDW...

steamboatjosh

Great news! Fantasmic is a good solid show. Can't wait until we get a (hopefully upgraded) Maleficent dragon!

As long as the new dragon doesn't mean removing other cool parts. I was kind of disappointed in Disneyland's Fantasmic earlier this year. Yes the Dragon was really cool and there were other cool parts of it. However Ursula still appears on the water screen, but there's no live action Ursula, Flotsam, or Jetsam left (among other missing parts). It was a little underwhelming.

Californian Elitist

As long as the new dragon doesn't mean removing other cool parts. I was kind of disappointed in Disneyland's Fantasmic earlier this year. Yes the Dragon was really cool and there were other cool parts of it. However Ursula still appears on the water screen, but there's no live action Ursula, Flotsam, or Jetsam left (among other missing parts). It was a little underwhelming.

Flotsam and Jetsam weren't missing. They were taken out of the show a long time ago. And there was never a live Ursula. Murphy had nothing to do with Flotsam and Jetsam's leaving.

luv

I'm very eager to see Glow With the Show. It looks cool to me. Any upgrade to Fantasmic is a good thing. Will check out the new boat lights. :)

If they can do it on a floating raft...why can't they put the same lights on a stationary metal frame??
low-1023x818.jpg

I try very hard not to look back too much. But I really, really miss this. Of all the cutbacks, this is the thing I miss most.

:(

ABQ

Bloggers on the payroll?
Naa, the center, I believe, is now where FP+ and dinner packages are being seated. Or am I wrong? I know the dinner packages were moved from the far edge to somewhere near the center, if not the center itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom