Fantasmic! gets show lighting upgrades ahead of its 15th anniversary

flynnibus

Premium Member
Way to go WDW... you upgrade F! at about 1/5 the rate of Disneyland.. and you give out about 1/5th less hats. Seems about right... :cry:

Does anyone know why the boats finally got upgraded? Forced because they could no longer maintain the old ones?

ToTBellHop

Way to go WDW... you upgrade F! at about 1/5 the rate of Disneyland.. and you give out about 1/5th less hats. Seems about right... :cry:

Does anyone know why the boats finally got upgraded? Forced because they could no longer maintain the old ones?
Obsolete technology. Plus, there was a pre-holiday sale at Wal*Mart on fancy pants Christmas lights.

RSoxNo1

Did they give out the ears last night because the video on the parks blog showed nearly everyone in the audience with them.

luv

I was really hoping this would take off. It's so cool.

I do understand why many people would not want to pay that much for hats, though.

Kman101

I don't ever see myself shelling out $25 for them (sorry if I missed it, IS that the price?) but I admit in the video it wasn't as awful as a I thought it would be. It added to the experience, HOWEVER, that was a video. In person it could be a different, more annoying in-your-face, experience. That's of course if everyone wears them, which I seriously doubt unless WDW just keeps giving them out. And that's not going to happen.

Marc Gil

Okay, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, I am too lazy too read a hundred or so posts.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if there was an exclusive seating area for people who purchased Glow With The Show Ears like in World Of Color at DCA. Thanks!

ChristianG

Not sure why all the hate for the Pocahontas. Just watched the video posted on here and I liked it. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I've always liked the Pocahontas segment. Perhaps they could add a bit more to it so all of the action doesn't seem so far away, but I really have no problem with it. Plus the transition from the Pocahontas music to the Princess Segment music is perfect.

Zipadeelady

I agree. I've always liked the Pocahontas segment. Perhaps they could add a bit more to it so all of the action doesn't seem so far away, but I really have no problem with it. Plus the transition from the Pocahontas music to the Princess Segment music is perfect.
Totally agree about the music transition...flows really well. They should bring the fighting into the crowd. It would be exciting to see them fighting on the stairs. Well maybe that's not a good idea, I can picture some child getting into the middle of a mock fight. Sounded good at first.:oops:

aladdin2007

Not sure why all the hate for the Pocahontas. Just watched the video posted on here and I liked it. Just my 2 cents.

Agree always enjoyed it and thought it unique to our Fantasmic, and its the only thing left where shes represented since they cut her show at AK and cut her song/snippet out of the magic kingdom railroad spiel. She really ought to be somewhere permanent at AK or Frontierland.

mm52200

I love the Pocahontas segment too but in all honesty if there wasn't the Peter Pan segment from DL's Fantasmic for it to be constantly compared to, I think more people wouldn't dislike it as much. The Peter Pan segment on the Columbia is pretty awesome though, I'm a huge Pocahontas fan and I found myself still liking the Peter Pan segment more than Pocahontas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom