Fantasmic! gets show lighting upgrades ahead of its 15th anniversary

Cosmic Commando

I'm happy you yourself don't find them distracting. We will agree to disagree.

Let's see how many suckers fork out for them.
Case-by-case, I think. Fantasmic doesn't make much sense; I think the focus there is very much on the "stage". Illuminations would just be stupid because it's so spread out. Castle fireworks... sure, whatever. World of Color already has permanent lights in the viewing area; I'm pretty sure they operate on the GwtS system. Plus, there's no story to be distracted from. Nighttime parade would be pretty cool, I think. Same for a party like Mad T Party (especially since the hats can blink to a beat). The absolute best use would be for the Osborne Lights... you'd actually add to the show and become part of it, rather than distract in any conceivable way.

Probably moot, anyway, since you'll likely see a few people per show wearing them in six months... the Pal Mickey for the iPhone generation. I really hope they can find a way to use the technology, though. Imagine if you could embed "invisible" GwtS fiber optics in the MSUSA or WS facades or the Fantasmic set!

ptaylor

Premium Member
No signs of any giveaways yet, they are selling them though.
image.jpg

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They haven't given anything away yet, but there are five or six giant dumpsters full of ears in the back of the overflow seating area behind the Maleficent section. No idea what they're for but they're all in individual clear plastic bags.

Figments Friend

Sounds like they are doing a similar event as was done at DCA when the ears made their debut.
The film crews are no doubt present to film the crowd for forthcoming promotional materials/video segments.

Nice for the folks who lined up early...
...i am sure someone will catch video from tonight and post it eventually.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If Disney only gives them out to one section... we will see just how fall Disney has fallen. I'd wager they just want to fill the other sections more before handing them out?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Sounds like they are doing a similar event as was done at DCA when the ears made their debut.
The film crews are no doubt present to film the crowd for forthcoming promotional materials/video segments.

Nice for the folks who lined up early...
...i am sure someone will catch video from tonight and post it eventually.

The folks who got there early were herded to the side sections. The Mickey section in the middle has been VIP and dining package for quite some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom