Family's Safe Robbed At Disney Resort

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by Erika
I think some of the comments regarding the expensive bag were meant to be taken light-heartedly and got out of hand. I know several people who step out of the house on a regular basis wearing thousands of dollars of designer clothes, Tiffany jewelry, and LV purses. The rest of us often joke about the "poor little rich girls" but it's not meant to be cruel. *shrug*

I understand where you are coming from and I know you have compassion for all life as I see the link you post...

We're as cool as the other side of the pillow now!!!!

Shaman

Originally posted by dmagickingdom
Erika and tigsmom....let me know when the divorce wives club comes down to Orlando as I will not visit then because I really don't want to meet you all!!!

Important: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1790

I don't know but perhaps we're all making a bigger deal about this theft than should be made at this point in time...lets wait for a follow up story before we make final judgements.

As for discrimination, I don't see any, maybe I missed it. And as for people making remarks about "serving them right"; I doubt there was any seriousness to those comments...

Disney Hog

Given that, I am done trying to convince everyone in this thread of equal rights. I am being discriminated against by certain people that will not have it any other way except their own. The Indian woman is being discriminated against simply because the relation between her race and money.

I cannot effectively express my point in this thread anymore because of the one track mind folks that attack me for stating the real reason that no one in this thread cares about the money is due to jealously and race issues.

I know this thread has gone on way too long, but did I miss the racial comment?

I don't remember reading "Everyone from India is a thief!" or "Only someone from India would stoop this low".

I think you are confusing discrimination with people simply trying to explain her situation. The fact is she was from India and that would make her far from home and that could put her coming from an environment that doesn't use credit cards or that could have her coming from a lot of wealth. I don't think that those are racial statements, just comments that help rationalize the situation.

If she was from Turkey, Korea, China or somewhere else that was a long way away, people would have said the same things. I think you are jumping to conclusions. I don't think race, color or national origin has anything to do with whether or not she could have done this.

I lived in Russia for many years and a fact of that country is that people carry American Dollars around and a lot of it. I saw more cash there than I would ever see here for the rest of my life. They do this because of the instability of the Ruble. If this person was from Russia I would have chimed in and explained how their culture works and why they would have had a lot of cash. Does that make me a racist?

I do agree that nobody deserves this to happen. Your money is your money and laws are set up to protect it.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by objr
Important: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1790

I don't know but perhaps we're all making a bigger deal about this theft than should be made at this point in time...lets wait for a follow up story before we make final judgements.

As for discrimination, I don't see any, maybe I missed it. And as for people making remarks about "serving them right"; I doubt there was any seriousness to those comments...

I agree with you 100%. OH and in regards to posting the rules and regs. Are we going to follow those 100%. Or just the ones that are convenient????

TAKEN OUT OF THE RULES-Advertise any products, services or websites without prior permission.
I see this one EVERY DAY on many of your posts.
Lets not discriminate against me. Lets follow the rules 100% or not at all. Okay???

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by Disney Hog
I know this thread has gone on way too long, but did I miss the racial comment?

I don't remember reading "Everyone from India is a thief!" or "Only someone from India would stoop this low".

I think you are confusing discrimination with people simply trying to explain her situation. The fact is she was from India and that would make her far from home and that could put her coming from an environment that doesn't use credit cards or that could have her coming from a lot of wealth. I don't think that those are racial statements, just comments that help rationalize the situation.

If she was from Turkey, Korea, China or somewhere else that was a long way away, people would have said the same things. I think you are jumping to conclusions. I don't think race, color or national origin has anything to do with whether or not she could have done this.

I lived in Russia for many years and a fact of that country is that people carry American Dollars around and a lot of it. I saw more cash there than I would ever see here for the rest of my life. They do this because of the instability of the Ruble. If this person was from Russia I would have chimed in and explained how their culture works and why they would have had a lot of cash. Does that make me a racist?

I do agree that nobody deserves this to happen. Your money is your money and laws are set up to protect it.

You make a clear (but long LOL) point.

Shaman

I agree with you 100%. OH and in regards to posting the rules and regs. Are we going to follow those 100%. Or just the ones that are convenient????

TAKEN OUT OF THE RULES-Advertise any products, services or websites without prior permission.
I see this one EVERY DAY on many of your posts.
Lets not discriminate against me. Lets follow the rules 100% or not at all. Okay???

The rules, all of them as I understand, are to be followed...if you find that any of the rules are being broken inform a moderator if you have been made uncomfortable...chances are they already know about it.

:)

swimmom

and it was stated by you...tigsmom "and a good one at that:sohappy: "

That sure sounds like judging to me. "serves her right" If it wouldv'e been an American, average earning wage person that had their 2000.00 cash stolen, you would have a different story to tell. It would be, OMG I can't believe these folks' money were stolen right out of the room. It would be the main discussion at coffee. You all wouldn't be saying, (or in your case acknowledging) that it serves the person right.
:king:

Actually the media wouldn't have even touched the story if it was an average American who had $2,000.00 stolen. We wouldn't even know that it happened. And I will be surprised if we ever hear anymore about this story in the media.

HMGhost13

ok first off, dmk, i don't like your attitude. there's no "i'm going to stop trying" but there is a "i'm going to be a jerk to everyone because i can" feel coming off of you. don't know if you're doing this purposely or not but if you were so adament on "leaving" this thread it should have been done when you saisd you were going to "stop".

back to on topic (secondly)

did she deserve this? no.

could she have had $13,000 at the end of her trip? likely, yes but it raises too many questions. she may have been trying to have the experience of a lifetime and may have been going elsewhere but she never stated that fact. she states what kind of bag she has but doesn't say "well, we lost $13,000 and now we can't go to such-and-such place." so having $13,000 at the end of a trip to disney world seems a little suspect.

what about the TC's? so you can't replace the $10,000 TC's that were "stolen"? cause if they were stolen, you can replace them. the only way you couldn't replace them is if they were all spent prior to the date of them being stolen.

this whole thing just seems suspect. and it's not cause she's from India. Hell, i'm from Charlotte and i could make the same claim and would you guys still pass the same judgement? 99% of the time: yes. why? cause the story seems suspect.

something isn't right with this whole thing and i don't think it's Disney makign a second key cause of the things someone else went through (can't remember who sorry) and they stayed at an All Star resort.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Originally posted by twirl2378
Has anyone seen the follow up story on this yet ? Do you think there will be one?

I've been checking every day since the story was posted and I have not seen a thing. Almost tempted to call the police station myself.:lol: Unfortunately, I have a feeling this may be a classic example of lazy journalism where the tease you with a sensational story and then never follow up. Anything for ratings.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by HMGhost13
ok first off, dmk, i don't like your attitude. there's no "i'm going to stop trying" but there is a "i'm going to be a jerk to everyone because i can" feel coming off of you. don't know if you're doing this purposely or not but if you were so adament on "leaving" this thread it should have been done when you saisd you were going to "stop".

back to on topic (secondly)

did she deserve this? no.

could she have had $13,000 at the end of her trip? likely, yes but it raises too many questions. she may have been trying to have the experience of a lifetime and may have been going elsewhere but she never stated that fact. she states what kind of bag she has but doesn't say "well, we lost $13,000 and now we can't go to such-and-such place." so having $13,000 at the end of a trip to disney world seems a little suspect.
what about the TC's? so you can't replace the $10,000 TC's that were "stolen"? cause if they were stolen, you can replace them. the only way you couldn't replace them is if they were all spent prior to the date of them being stolen.

this whole thing just seems suspect. and it's not cause she's from India. Hell, i'm from Charlotte and i could make the same claim and would you guys still pass the same judgement? 99% of the time: yes. why? cause the story seems suspect.

something isn't right with this whole thing and i don't think it's Disney makign a second key cause of the things someone else went through (can't remember who sorry) and they stayed at an All Star resort.

Just wanted to state that I thank you for the opinion of me that you share however, as you might expect, I really could care not how you feel my attitude is. Your feelings of my opinions are not going to make or break whether I post or not. I just feel that it's funny that everyone seems to believe that what the media reports is accurate. Keep in mind that this whole story is based on the media's perspective of this. I will not suspect this family until I see written, sworn police statements that reflect the accounts that have been brought forth by this media channel. Also note that Disney has NOT given an official comment on this matter except that they have their own investigation pending.
PS-the story does seem suspect according to the media however, the media can make the story look anyway they want based on whatever opinion they want to take. That's the reason they edit.
:D

barnum42

I just feel that it's funny that everyone seems to believe that what the media reports is accurate.
Now THAT's a funny statement.:lol:

The media are as trustworthy as the proverbial politician's handshake.

I don't know if it will make the news in America, but the editor of the UK paper that published the photos of British toops supposedly abusing Iraqi prisoners has just been fired because they have now found out that the photos are fakes! That's par for the course with my view of the media.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by barnum42
Now THAT's a funny statement.:lol:

The media are as trustworthy as the proverbial politician's handshake.

I don't know if it will make the news in America, but the editor of the UK paper that published the photos of British toops supposedly abusing Iraqi prisoners has just been fired because they have now found out that the photos are fakes! That's par for the course with my view of the media.

LOL...I wasn't even thinking of that when I made the comments about the media. Trust me, it's on the front page of our website news. ex. cnn.com usatoday.com. I must admit, I was shocked to learn that.
It is proof however, that they can make the story seem whatever way they want to.

Shaman

If we lived in a perfect world...I doubt the media would even exist. Generalizations aren't really fair to those members of the media that are honest and hard working. No one's perfect.

Besides its not like we HAVE to believe the media...or even pay any attention to it...so whats the problem....

Just my opinion. ;)

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by objr
If we lived in a perfect world...I doubt the media would even exist. Generalizations aren't really fair to those members of the media that are honest and hard working. No one's perfect.

Besides its not like we HAVE to believe the media...or even pay any attention to it...so whats the problem....

Just my opinion. ;)

So, we agree to disagree, again." So, what's the problem???? No problem, "just my opinion". I don't believe everything I hear in the media. It's just because of the media's report, many have already deemed this woman very suspect and sentenced her to life in Universal Studios!!! (with no parole)

JK...i know many of you said, lets wait till the WHOLE story surfaces.:p

Shaman

So, we agree to disagree, again." So, what's the problem???? No problem, "just my opinion". I don't believe everything I hear in the media. It's just because of the media's report, many have already deemed this woman very suspect and sentenced her to life in Universal Studios!!! (with no parole)

JK...i know many of you said, lets wait till the WHOLE story surfaces.:p

Actually I kinda agree with your view on the media...

And for the record (go back and see) I was one of the people who stayed neutral on the topic...so in a way I agree with you there too...

I only disagreed with some of the ways you said things, in one of your posts...

:wave:

HMGhost13

Just wanted to state that I thank you for the opinion of me that you share however, as you might expect, I really could care not how you feel my attitude is. Your feelings of my opinions are not going to make or break whether I post or not. I just feel that it's funny that everyone seems to believe that what the media reports is accurate. Keep in mind that this whole story is based on the media's perspective of this. I will not suspect this family until I see written, sworn police statements that reflect the accounts that have been brought forth by this media channel. Also note that Disney has NOT given an official comment on this matter except that they have their own investigation pending.
PS-the story does seem suspect according to the media however, the media can make the story look anyway they want based on whatever opinion they want to take. That's the reason they edit.
:D

point taken but what is their angle? are they trying to sympathize with this woman? cause if they are trying that they're going about it wrong. it puts THEM in the wrong light.

and what if they release the police reports? will you believe those? according to your belief in the media, you shouldn't. why? because it was released by the media.

you see where i'm going with this? you'd have to, yourself, view the police reports. but they're not going to let YOU, see them.

they MAY release them to the media. but why? YOU wouldn't believe them now would you? no why? because you don't believe the media is right.

of course all this according to your post.

and of course Disney won't say anything. what else are they going to say? "oh yeah we fudged up and did this but we don't care"? if you REALLY believe that ANY corporate office would say anything remotely close to that boy do you have some thinking you need to do. Disney won't say anything except "we're looking into it" because 1-the claim is pretty big. 2-it's a federal offense. 3-they may take things out of the media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom