Family's Safe Robbed At Disney Resort

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by objr
Actually I kinda agree with your view on the media...

And for the record (go back and see) I was one of the people who stayed neutral on the topic...so in a way I agree with you there too...

I only disagreed with some of the ways you said things, in one of your posts...

:wave:
it would take too long for me to go back and see. I trust you!!! Anyway, I think this is the thread that never ends.. (not the hehehe thread for those of you who have been in that one)

HMGhost13

Originally posted by dmagickingdom
So, we agree to disagree, again." So, what's the problem???? No problem, "just my opinion". I don't believe everything I hear in the media. It's just because of the media's report, many have already deemed this woman very suspect and sentenced her to life in Universal Studios!!! (with no parole)

JK...i know many of you said, lets wait till the WHOLE story surfaces.:p

i never said she could be condemned. i just think her story sounds fishy.

you seem ready to hang anyone who disagrees with you as well. please REALIZE the points you opponents are making. if you're going to "debate" you have to accept that their points may have some validity.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by HMGhost13
point taken but what is their angle? are they trying to sympathize with this woman? cause if they are trying that they're going about it wrong. it puts THEM in the wrong light.

and what if they release the police reports? will you believe those? according to your belief in the media, you shouldn't. why? because it was released by the media.

you see where i'm going with this? you'd have to, yourself, view the police reports. but they're not going to let YOU, see them.

they MAY release them to the media. but why? YOU wouldn't believe them now would you? no why? because you don't believe the media is right.

of course all this according to your post.

and of course Disney won't say anything. what else are they going to say? "oh yeah we fudged up and did this but we don't care"? if you REALLY believe that ANY corporate office would say anything remotely close to that boy do you have some thinking you need to do. Disney won't say anything except "we're looking into it" because 1-the claim is pretty big. 2-it's a federal offense. 3-they may take things out of the media.

Please stop lashing out at me long enough for me to respond to your comments. After all, we do share the same favorite park and ride. MK and HM.

If and when the media presents exerpts from police reports, then I will begin to form an opinion. That is hard evidence that the media will be presenting and not just preliminary interviews.

Second, as I recall, Disney is a very big company "corporate office" as you put it and I read an official statement shortly after the Big Thunder Mountain incident in Califiornia where they accepted responsibility for the incident. So, boy, i did some thinking on this. I could dig and find other corporate offices that have accepted responsibility for their actions but I do have more important things to do.

Third and lastly, this I do not really know the full and accurate answer to so I may get some people that will shed some light on the subject...How would it be a federal offense for Disney to share their side of the story to the media?? I understand that Disney must have a privacy policy that protects their guests privacy but could they not tell the story and not release names or specific detail of the guest?? After all, the guest apparently told her side so she has officially committed her identity to the media.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by HMGhost13
i never said she could be condemned. i just think her story sounds fishy.

you seem ready to hang anyone who disagrees with you as well. please REALIZE the points you opponents are making. if you're going to "debate" you have to accept that their points may have some validity.

This may be a contest you for but I have no "opponents". If you look at my posts, you will see that I have validated the points being presented. I never once said that you (or anyone else) is stupid, ignorant, etc. for thinking she is "fishy". I just said that "I feel" that the story perhaps hasn't been told fully by the media. I will fully agree that the version of the story we heard does sound a little fishy but the media makes it what they want it to be for their ratings.

Can we please shake on this????Kiss and make up???:kiss:

Raven66

I think, but I'm not sure, that he was referring to the amount of money taken as a federal offense. If that is not what HMghost13 meant then I'm sorry for the mistake.:)

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by Raven66
I think, but I'm not sure, that he was referring to the amount of money taken as a federal offense. If that is not what HMghost13 meant then I'm sorry for the mistake.:)

If that is what he meant, then I fully understand. Some things do go over my head!!!:veryconfu

LadyDarling

Not to change the subject, but does anyone remember (or know) if there is a disclaimer on the safe saying that the company is not responsible for lost or stolen items left in the rooms/safes? I seem to remember seeing something to that effect.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by LadyDarling
Not to change the subject, but does anyone remember (or know) if there is a disclaimer on the safe saying that the company is not responsible for lost or stolen items left in the rooms/safes? I seem to remember seeing something to that effect.

I can not remember a time where i didn't see a sign stating that...however, if it is proved that Disney was at fault for the incident, I feel confident that Disney will have to settle.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by MKBurn15
I wonder if anybody is gonna try and blame a Tigger again.:lookaroun

Check out this 'deleted' excerpt I found :lookaroun

"But, Anand says, what is more shocking is how she believes the thief got into her room. "I'm pretty sure he got in through my balcony. There was a trail of orange fur leading from the balcony to the safe." "

Sounds mighty Tigger-ish to me! :animwink: :lol:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well, this has been an interesting thread, to say the least. It has intrigue, mystery, envy, humor, and the suspicious cast of characters. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

Anyway, the "article", as I read it, says, that the "victim" says that the cm gave a copy of a 2nd key to someone, yet unidentified. First of all, I can't imagine this happening without some sort of identification being asked for. Secondly, why is someone from overseas carrying 10k in cheques, 3k in cash, and a 3k handbag? Who are we trying to impress at WDW? I can tell you that we have been several times and noticed guests of eastern descent, dressed in 3 piece suits, carrying briefcases handcuffed to their wrists. Could you do anymore to bring attention to yourself? I'm not trying to say that this family deserved this to happen to them. Rather I' questioning the facts here. I don't see where Disney has given any comments to the facts from their perspective, other than to say they are cooperating with authorities. What I am saying is that we all need to use common sense when traveling anywhere. Let's wait for all of the facts to be given before assessing any blame here. It does sound very suspicious to me. And if you know that people are going to be in and out of your room for cleaning purposes, wouldn't you think twice before leaving that kind of personal property behind? I know I would. Oh wait, I wouldn't be carrying that kind of cash and valuables anywhere anyway. But that's just me using a little common sense.

MKBurn15

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
Check out this 'deleted' excerpt I found :lookaroun

"But, Anand says, what is more shocking is how she believes the thief got into her room. "I'm pretty sure he got in through my balcony. There was a trail of orange fur leading from the balcony to the safe." "

Sounds mighty Tigger-ish to me! :animwink: :lol:
Um. I'm pretty sure the Tigger costume wouldn't leave fur. This sounds more like Shere-Khan.

nfeagle5

Ive spent the last 2 and 1/2 hrs reding this hole subject and just let me say wow, this is an amazingly diverse thread. It goes from everyone jumping down the Indian womans throat, saying its her fault. Then everyone reflects on that and feels sorry. Then an arguement breaks out (kinda funny) lol. So its fairly well rounded.

Since there are 200+ posts i think that i should put my 2 cents in.

I think that this was a set-up of some king
Option 1- The Indian woman is trying to scam disney out of $13K

Option 2- The Indian woman was scammed and it was perpetrated by a CM inside.

I think Option 1 is more likely given the circumstances in the article, and the gaps it leaves, but thats my reason. If there was an updated article then we could all pass judgement :animwink: .

Have fun all:sohappy:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I don't think anyone is blaming anyone yet, but just questioning the circumstances as they are being described. But I am in agreement with you that it sure seem fishy to me and seems like someone may have cooked this up for a scam to bilk Disney out of some quick cash.

My other question is that she stated how much she went thru to check in. What is that all about?

sarajo

Hey, HennieBogan... I asked the same question about what she stated about check-in, too, in a much earlier post... hope you get an answer... nobody ever seemed to answer my question. I was wondering if it is just something that non-US citizens have to go through (the scrutiny at check-in, that is.) I have never had to give anything more than my credit card at check-in, especially if I have my confirmation letter with me. But, then again, I'm from the US and maybe they just do this to foreigners. I don't know! But I would like to know!

Hope your question can generate an answer! Good luck!

Another thing that I mentioned in that earliest post... we must remember that this is "SWEEPS" time for the networks... hmmm... seems to me that the media is taking this story and using it to make Disney look bad (just like they did with the story about how 6 people out of over 3 million people had to go to the hospital after riding M:S) The media will stoop to any level during sweeps to help their numbers.

STGRhost

I asked the same question about what she stated about check-in, too, in a much earlier post... hope you get an answer... nobody ever seemed to answer my question. I was wondering if it is just something that non-US citizens have to go through (the scrutiny at check-in, that is.) I have never had to give anything more than my credit card at check-in, especially if I have my confirmation letter with me. But, then again, I'm from the US and maybe they just do this to foreigners. I don't know! But I would like to know!

I assumed :)lookaroun ) that she meant she had to show ID and such to check in (which is likely, especially if she didn't have a credit card), so she didn't understand why they wouldn't ask for one to open her safe.

I also think sarajo makes a good point about the media using the story for ratings - it doesn't answer our questions, but it does help me understand why no one has seen anything else relating to this story...

On the other hand, the story may have dissapeared because, at fault or not, Disney will often choose to settle cases just to keep them out of the media. Unfortunately, people have caught on to that, and use it to profit. I'm not saying I believe that in this case, but I wouldn't totally rule it out, either.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well, not having lived in Fla, since I was 17, I don't know what the relationship between the press and Disney is, but the article isn't very informative, other than to give the side of the alleged vicitim. Now I would agree that Disney would probably err on the side of offering a settlement to avoid the bad press. But this isn't all their fault even when they do that. Think about it. How many guests do they entertain on a yearly basis in their parks? And yet if one person complains, it's news. It's the nature of todays press corpe, which lays in wait for the bad to happen so they can rush a newscrew out to cover it, report on how big bad corporate america is again raping the little guy. Meanwhile, the millions of stories about satisfied guests, great vacations, great deals, and good times, goes suspiciously unreported.

Now I may be off base here, as again, I haven't lived in Fla. since I was a teenager. But it sure seems odd that we don't see articles brought up from the Orlando (scum) Sentinal about the great times had my millions of families and guests. Sorry that was in reference to a past article regarding autopsy photos they were attempting to get their grubby hands on.

Until we demand FAIR and UNBIASED reporting from our news organizations, this will continue to be the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom