Family's Safe Robbed At Disney Resort

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by Raven66
Well, I've worked in retail for most of my adult life, and what's supposed to happen is the signatures are to match. If they come up to the counter and sign both lines while standing there, we are not allowed to accept them. And if the signatures do not match we can not accept them. And of course ID is supposed to be asked for. Now some retail people are either to lazy or to busy to check. Now, see if you had come before me and signed it with your dad's name but your ID is different and the signature would have been different, I wouldn't have taken it. NO OFFENSE!:)

Maybe I just got lucky. Or maybe they weren't travlers checks. I know they were 'good for cash' though. I signed and it worked. My dad got like a whole bunch of em' that time, but I have yet to see him do it again. Now everything is cash or credit. Sucks because he can always use the excuse, "I don't have cash on me". Oh well though.

Working at AMC, we deal with a lot of credit cards. Just yesterday, I rung up an order with credit, and the lady just started yelling, "Don't you see where my card says 'see id'? You didn't i.d me, I couldve stollen this card." I replied simply with, "Ma'm, it's company policy that the guest signs the recipt first, then we may I.D them". I made her feel stupid when it was my fault to begin with. Oh well, she shouldnt've yelled at me. :)

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by Thrawn
Alright, I'm not posting this to brag. I'm pretty well off. I can (and have three times now) go in somewhere and plop down 30-40,000 for a car CASH (cashiers check but who really would carry 40k cash). I have no problem with money.

That being said, I would never leave $13,000 sitting in a safe. Granted, she needed to carry cash since she was from out of the country, but why save the travelers checks if it was the last day of the vacation? I think something is strange with this as well.

Hey... my birthday is comming up, and I would really like an 04 Pontiac Grand AM G.T-1. Make sure it's got the Ram-Air system. ;)

Seriously though... that car is on my xmas list to my parents (not that they'd ever buy me a new car though). But, in all honesty, I don't think parents should ever buy a *new* car for a first time driver. I have gotten into a few little mishaps, and so have all my friends. If my car was brand new, I know I would be really really mad. I'll settle from my pre-owned car, for now.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Gordon, thats more disturbing that a foreign body extraction at the ER on halloween....

:lol: um....okay...I'll take your word for it Dave. But notice how it brought calm to the thread......and if worse comes to worse, you know who to blame for introducing me to the site.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Nothing to do with this per sae but I take it that every one here has been 100% accurate with every piece of information they submitted on an insurance claim form? Good, thought so cause insurance companies would never dream of ripping their customers off, would they?

Im sure this lady would have no problems with her claim should she be insured with a certain UK insurance company who have recently installed a lie detection system on their claim phone lines. I think their called Cash Grabbit & Runn.

By the way ill shortly be posting my vacation dates and address for any readers from the UK, I really do neeed a new plasma screen tv.:animwink:

ogryn

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak

By the way ill shortly be posting my vacation dates and address for any readers from the UK, I really do neeed a new plasma screen tv.:animwink:

Do you have an alarm? If so, don't forget to leave the code as well! And maybe the key under the mat, save me from breaking the window and risking hurting myself. And make sure you don't leave any sharp objects around your house, if I cut myself I'll sue you! :D

tammycooley

In the many times that I have stayed at Disney, I have never had anything taken from my room. I too, have traveled with cash as well as travelers cheques...neither have vanished from my safe.
Call me niave I guess...I always seem to have a sense of security when I am at Disney...not that I am going to be taken advantage of. I am a single mother and travel with my 6 yr old son..and we have never experienced any problems.

dmagickingdom

Erika and tigsmom....let me know when the divorce wives club comes down to Orlando as I will not visit then because I really don't want to meet you all!!!

Given that, I am done trying to convince everyone in this thread of equal rights. I am being discriminated against by certain people that will not have it any other way except their own. The Indian woman is being discriminated against simply because the relation between her race and money.

I cannot effectively express my point in this thread anymore because of the one track mind folks that attack me for stating the real reason that no one in this thread cares about the money is due to jealously and race issues.

I look forward to seeing you all on future threads but I am done with this one as I know the truth and I think it touches home for some of you. (i am not speaking to anyone that feels the indian woman may have set it up. I am speaking to the ones that say "serves her right for having all that money.":sohappy:

Erika

Originally posted by dmagickingdom
Erika and tigsmom....let me know when the divorce wives club comes down to Orlando as I will not visit then because I really don't want to meet you all!!!

\

Well, when and if the "divorce wives club" meets at Disney, I certainly won't be included among them.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by STGRhost
Tigsmom, I get what you were trying to say.

Oh, and FYI... Harm is defined as "Physical or psychological injury or damage. / Wrong; evil. "
So while making assumptions may not be physically harmful, it could still hurt people in a psychological sense.

Now, let's stop feeding the trolls, shall we? (Even the ones that make good points now and then)
:rolleyes:

ETA: Oh! I love ice cream!:sohappy:
Come on man, why do I continue to be attacked indirectly???? IM me on AIM if you want to debate with me. Besides, I wasn't defining "harm". I understand the definition of harm. I was defining "Danger" as that is what tigsmom said. "it was dangerous to make assumptions. I said immoral and she argued that for her sake.

Thessair

Given that, I am done trying to convince everyone in this thread of equal rights. I am being discriminated against by certain people that will not have it any other way except their own. The Indian woman is being discriminated against simply because the relation between her race and money.

I cannot effectively express my point in this thread anymore because of the one track mind folks that attack me for stating the real reason that no one in this thread cares about the money is due to jealously and race issues.

I look forward to seeing you all on future threads but I am done with this one as I know the truth and I think it touches home for some of you. (i am not speaking to anyone that feels the indian woman may have set it up. I am speaking to the ones that say "serves her right for having all that money.":sohappy:

Jealousy and race issues? Did I completely miss something? Personally, I think the majority of the responses have been fairly evenly toned and well stated. Of course, I’m a nut job, so who knows.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by Erika
Well, when and if the "divorce wives club" meets at Disney, I certainly won't be included among them.

LOL...sorry, i am just angry that I am the target of this because I don't have the "serves her right" attitude. If it were laying out on the bed then that would serve her right.

Okay??? Please, I am trying to stop the bleeding here.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by Thessair
Jealousy and race issues? Did I completely miss something? Personally, I think the majority of the responses have been fairly evenly toned and well stated. Of course, I’m a nut job, so who knows.

NO, actually this is going back several pages where it was stated that is serves her right simply because she had that kind of money on vacation.

BalooChicago

As a relative outsider (Though I've been watching this board frequently for the last 2 years I have not been a very active poster) I was surprised by the initial response to this post. Is it somewhat suspicious? Maybe. Is it beyond the bounds of reality? Absolutely not. It does seem to me that some people are discriminating either due to race, money, or both. Why have $13k on you? Why not? End of the trip? No where did I see it indicate that it was the end of their voyage - if, say, they were going on from WDW having that kind of money on them makes sense.

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by Thessair

PS- I am originally from Tallahassee. GO NOLES!!!!!!

dmagickingdom

Originally posted by BalooChicago
As a relative outsider (Though I've been watching this board frequently for the last 2 years I have not been a very active poster) I was surprised by the initial response to this post. Is it somewhat suspicious? Maybe. Is it beyond the bounds of reality? Absolutely not. It does seem to me that some people are discriminating either due to race, money, or both. Why have $13k on you? Why not? End of the trip? No where did I see it indicate that it was the end of their voyage - if, say, they were going on from WDW having that kind of money on them makes sense.

I thank you so much for responding as this is exactly what i have been saying the whole time and it gets out of whack because that response doens't seem to be accepted here.

Erika

I think some of the comments regarding the expensive bag were meant to be taken light-heartedly and got out of hand. I know several people who step out of the house on a regular basis wearing thousands of dollars of designer clothes, Tiffany jewelry, and LV purses. The rest of us often joke about the "poor little rich girls" but it's not meant to be cruel. *shrug*

Erika

I thank you so much for responding as this is exactly what i have been saying the whole time and it gets out of whack because that response doens't seem to be accepted here.

It's not what you say. It's how you say it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom