Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

Mstr Gra-c

The new Dumbo area is just fine. It is on the edge and will fit perfectly fine with everything else being done.

You have to remember that the original Dumbo was done in the past, and it doesn't really seem that a very good job was made of it back then. The new version will be a considerable improvement.

And what is going on with your new attitude? When you constantly argued with Epcot Explorer and co you would take the positive outlook on everything, and now they are gone you take the negative on everything. Are you just looking for an argument and to flamebait?

I seem to remember JT being referred to as a fanboi or a TDO slappy for those positive remarks. Maybe he agrees with some things and disagrees with others...crazy I know.

My two pennies...I am liking the FLE less every day. There is so much wasted potential and way too many M&Gs...yes I know they are very popular...so where as I understand why, I dont have to like it. And yes, I think dumbo seems out of place...and yes thematically speaking and historically speaking Dumbo would fit as an off branch of MSUSA...an homage to turn of the century Americana...I get it, but again i really dont like that either.

njDizFan

I'm kinda leaning in the direction of JT on this one. There is a good amount of unused space east of MSUSA. Convert that parking lot to put the twin dumbo spinners/circus theme, and use the rest of the remnants of TTF for an additional d-ticket(PPF). The mingling of PH and a Peter Pan attraction in it's own subland would be great.

PPF is probobly the one attraction most in need of a major major refurb.

BrerFrog

I just can't picture putting a ride in the MSUSA area. It just sounds like an odd concept. Maybe because the Castle Parks are so organized in their hub-leading-to-lands design.

jt04

I don't have a problem with Dumboland. In fact I like it. I just hate they are shoehorning it into the FL expansion. Actually hate is too mild a word.

The new Dumbo area is just fine. It is on the edge and will fit perfectly fine with everything else being done.

You have to remember that the original Dumbo was done in the past, and it doesn't really seem that a very good job was made of it back then. The new version will be a considerable improvement.

And what is going on with your new attitude? When you constantly argued with Epcot Explorer and co you would take the positive outlook on everything, and now they are gone you take the negative on everything. Are you just looking for an argument and to flamebait?

I just call it like I see it. Plus I'm impatient for them to decide what they are going to do with DTD. It is like nothing is happening at Imagineering. That wouldn't be good news for the future of the company or the stock price. Ahem.

:wave:

wizards8507

That wouldn't be good news for the future of the company or the stock price. Ahem.

Not likely. In 2009, Walt Disney Company's "parks and resorts" operating segment accounted for just 30% of revenues and 22% of net operating income. Considering that WDW is one of many properties, including Disney Cruise Line, that fall into "Parks and Resorts," it is unlikely that Pleasure Island or FL meet-and-greets are going to have much impact on stock price. Compare this to 71.4% of WDW net operating income attributed to Media Networks, and tell me what the real driver of the business is.

Source: Walt Disney Company 2009 Annual Report

erasure fan1

I think it needs a little testosterone. Ariel, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Pixie Hollow... Whuh? Aside from Peter Pan's Flight (and Philharmagic), Fantasyland is so girly. :lol:

(I guess the defense against that would be that every other land is testosterone heavy.)

No worries...I have a little girl :)
Yea thats what I said and now I have a new little boy and my girl is growing out of the whole princess thing. :lol:

I wont mind at all if the meet and greets get cut but we all know that aint happening. The expansion has a lot of potential but sadly I dont think it will come close to meeting it. I think it will look nice and people will like it but as a Disney diehard fan I will always see what they could have done.

wizards8507

Yea thats what I said and now I have a new little boy and my girl is growing out of the whole princess thing. :lol:

I wont mind at all if the meet and greets get cut but we all know that aint happening. The expansion has a lot of potential but sadly I dont think it will come close to meeting it. I think it will look nice and people will like it but as a Disney diehard fan I will always see what they could have done.

But think of how much more open the rest of the park will be with *every* little princess, and her family along with her, latching on to one corner of the park.

SeaCastle

I just call it like I see it. Plus I'm impatient for them to decide what they are going to do with DTD. It is like nothing is happening at Imagineering. That wouldn't be good news for the future of the company or the stock price. Ahem.

:wave:

You sure about that?

Disneydad08

Um hello!!! It's geared towards kids did we forget that? What 4-5 year old is going to give a rats @%$ where dumbo is? I can just hear it now heh mom why is dumbo in fantasyland thats stupid he belongs near mainstreet because he's more Americana! I'm not going to ride an out of place spinner ride take me on a rollercoaster that will have a hieght requirment that I can't reach yet please please! Come on what kid knows the difference and the ones that do should be at a spelling bee or something. JMO! We should all be happy to get anything new in this economy know mater how princessified and fairified it might turn out to be! Heck I hope they put a bunch of pirate stuff also!!:sohappy::goodnevil:ROFLOL::hammer:

_Scar

BTW how do I get all that cool stuff on my profile? Like a picture and all that stuff on the bottom? I'm a little cpu illiterate!:shrug:

Go to user CP and here's a few facts

1.) Edit avatar will allow you to bring up a picture from your pictures folder to be your "like a picture" :lol:

2.) Edit signature will be "all that stuff on the bottom"

Hopefully that helps!

Back to the topic, I wouldn't say the princesses are girly... just more kid-like. It's not like Peter Pan is very manly either :lol:

Fantasyland is for the young at heart. :shrug:

DisneyNut2007

Um hello!!! It's geared towards kids did we forget that? What 4-5 year old is going to give a rats @%$ where dumbo is? I can just hear it now heh mom why is dumbo in fantasyland thats stupid he belongs near mainstreet because he's more Americana! I'm not going to ride an out of place spinner ride take me on a rollercoaster that will have a hieght requirment that I can't reach yet please please! Come on what kid knows the difference and the ones that do should be at a spelling bee or something. JMO! We should all be happy to get anything new in this economy know mater how princessified and fairified it might turn out to be!

Exactly! :)

Also, the so-called meet-and-greets are NOT going to be just that. How many times must that be repeated?! :mad:

*sigh*
WDI is ready and waiting. Only problem is TDO standing in their way.

Imagineering ain't the problem. Rarely is.
TDO doesnt care about the parks only filling their pockets with excessive amounts of cash. The future is not looking so good with the current management and TDO in they way. I dont see any major E ticket attractions coming in the next 15 years.

lazyboy97o

Um hello!!! It's geared towards kids did we forget that? What 4-5 year old is going to give a rats @%$ where dumbo is? I can just hear it now heh mom why is dumbo in fantasyland thats stupid he belongs near mainstreet because he's more Americana! I'm not going to ride an out of place spinner ride take me on a rollercoaster that will have a hieght requirment that I can't reach yet please please! Come on what kid knows the difference and the ones that do should be at a spelling bee or something. JMO! We should all be happy to get anything new in this economy know mater how princessified and fairified it might turn out to be! Heck I hope they put a bunch of pirate stuff also!!:sohappy::goodnevil:ROFLOL::hammer:
There was once this mustachioed man who said that, if you aim only for children, you're dead. Maybe you have heard of him? His name was Walt Disney.

inluvwithbeast

There was once this mustachioed man who said that, if you aim only for children, you're dead. Maybe you have heard of him? His name was Walt Disney.

I knew someone was gonna say it. I just knew it. Lol.

Maybe we should just look at this expansion as potential. Like, potentially we could have some really neat things here. We just have to wait for management to pick their feet up off the ground... :|

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom