Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

Really I think Carsland looks excellent!! Not only are they getting a Super E they are getting two other rides in CL, WOC and TLM. I think DCA wins.
What he is saying is that none of these expansions have rides that will wow people like Spiderman and Forbidden Journey did.

fireworkz

The M&Gs and PH should be scrapped from the plans and replaced with two immersive D ticket attractions. I am saying this because the M&Gs and PH hurt MK in the near future.

Can't believe I'm defending M&Gs, but...

PH maybe, as who knows how lasting that franchise will be, but the other M&Gs? Have you ever been inside the Hall of Fame tent? Haven't you noticed all the princess-clad girls running around the parks? Those things will be packed! It's also easy to think of a M&G as nothing but a line and a photo op, but based on the descriptions I've seen here and on other sites these will be like no other M&Gs ever, if built as planned they will almost be attractions on to themselves.

jt04

Everything east of Mermaid is up in the air.
(Including PH, Dumbo's location, and Barnstormer's new theme.)

All the M&Gs are (unfortunately) moving ahead as planned.

This is perfect. I've never bought into Dumbo fitting the overall FF backstory. Either off MSUSA or DHS makes much better sense for Dumboland.

Ultimately I'd like to see an E-Ticket version of the PPF concept (with the current version then being closed) to anchor PH. PPF with modern technology could be a real challange to potter. Then bring in Alice (Tim Burton version) to the barnstormer and the area vacated by Dumbo and that would be nearly a perfectly themed land. No, it would be perfect.

TP2000

This is perfect. I've never bought into Dumbo fitting the overall FF backstory. Either off MSUSA or DHS makes much better sense for Dumboland.

Ultimately I'd like to see an E-Ticket version of the PPF concept (with the current version then being closed) to anchor PH. PPF with modern technology could be a real challange to potter. Then bring in Alice (Tim Burton version) to the barnstormer and the area vacated by Dumbo and that would be nearly a perfectly themed land. No, it would be perfect.

You act as if putting the Fantasyland expansion east of Mermaid into a holding pattern is a good thing. :lol:

They won't be swapping out SuperDumbo for a 100 Million dollar version of Peter Pan's Flight and a 21st century version of Disneyland's Alice In Wonderland ride. Heck, WDW can't even update the 1970's Peter Pan it has, let alone build a new one.

If the expansion stalls out for a while east of Mermaid, all that will be there for several years will be a big grassy field, until they finally build SuperDumbo later this decade. Or have you forgotten the grassy field that replaced 20K Leagues for 15+ years after the submarines closed suddenly in 1994?

The Empress Lilly

I have a feeling that this is going to be the most underwhelming Disney expansion of all time.
That depends a good deal on one's expectations.

I don't think I will be dissapointed by the FLE. It adds good atmosphere, a fun restaurant, a solid dark ride - unlike the other FL dark rides, an omnimover so with good capacity - and some major problems are solved.

There is a sympathetic thought behind the FLE. Currently, the smallests guests wait in the longest lines for the shortest attractions. FLE works towards solving all three problems to a great extent.

As such, it should be welcomed. Even if my inner cynic knows it is as much about the Princess and Fairy franchises, and about surrendering the MK to the public expectation of it as toddlerland.

Twenty years ago, I desperately tried to convince my friends that WDW was not about toddler entertainment. That there was quality and even genuine sophistication in the place. They never believed me. The image of WDW as a place that's all about infantile entertainment and shrewd in-your-face marketing persisted. Then WDW was slowly rebuild in this negative image, to conform to guest expectations and marketing formulas. Pity, but what can we do? :shrug:

lebeau

You act as if putting the Fantasyland expansion east of Mermaid into a holding pattern is a good thing. :lol:

They won't be swapping out SuperDumbo for a 100 Million dollar version of Peter Pan's Flight and a 21st century version of Disneyland's Alice In Wonderland ride. Heck, WDW can't even update the 1970's Peter Pan it has, let alone build a new one.

If the expansion stalls out for a while east of Mermaid, all that will be there for several years will be a big grassy field, until they finally build SuperDumbo later this decade. Or have you forgotten the grassy field that replaced 20K Leagues for 15+ years after the submarines closed suddenly in 1994?

Finally some reason! I am so sick of people hoping FLE gets scrapped so it can be replaced with something else. If it gets scrapped, it gets replaced with nothing.

The M&Gs and PH are there for a reason. There is a demand that is not currently being met.

Lee

Adventurer
A quick clarification...
Dumbo IS moving to the former TTF site. The only variable is whether it goes north or south.
Barnstormer is staying and will share a circus theme with Dumbo, or become the "Cheese Coaster", whatever that is.
Pixie Hollow is the only real question mark. The fate of PH, including it's location, it's M&Gs, the Bobble and Clank spinning ride, and location are all still under review.
Train station will be undergoing a major redesign.

Biff215

If PH is up in the air, why couldn't they have planned to save the houses from TTF so that Mickey and Minnie could have stayed in Fantasyland? PH is an obvious risk as it is the least proven property involved in the expansion. Keeping a small, revamped area with the houses next to Barnstormer would have been nice IMO.

A quick clarification...
Dumbo IS moving to the former TTF site. The only variable is whether it goes north or south.
Barnstormer is staying and will share a circus theme with Dumbo, or become the "Cheese Coaster", whatever that is.
Pixie Hollow is the only real question mark. The fate of PH, including it's location, it's M&Gs, the Bobble and Clank spinning ride, and location are all still under review.
Train station will be undergoing a major redesign.
Wasnt the Cheese Coaster described as the Cheshire Cat Coaster?

jt04

I have provided lengthy explanations on why I think things have changed and I still believe that. However, Iger seemed to be dampening expectations. So the only question is if he's bluffing. DCA can and will prove the genius and profitability of unleashing Imagineering. So my scenario seems reasonable to me. Don't forget, the tea cups are near the coaster. Only retheming required....no new rides needed for Alice. So anyone with a brain at Disney should see the possibilities. Add a high-end D or E ticket PPF to PH and bingo.

Dumbo really does not fit the area. Just my opinion.

I don't mind that they are focusing on the M&G. I mean they took out play areas and M&Gs to put in more M&G, a resturant, and a ride. Seems like a fair trade off to me!

And yet, it is going into that area. Quite possibly right between the Teacups and the coaster.
Now in this retheming of the Barnstormer I heard there would be fire effects and clown animatronics hurling pies at you while you speed by. Is there any truth to this Clown Alley rumor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom