Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

Lee

Adventurer
So you would be calling shenanigans on Al who says it is an E and it cost 100 million.
Yep.
So long as Imagineers are telling me it's a solid D, that's what it is as far as I'm concerned. I trust their objective analysis more than the PR people trying to sell it as a HUGE MAJOR E-TICKET EXPERIENCE!

As for the $100 million. No.
Unless, as I said earlier, they are padding that number out with a lot of extra costs like R&D and site work, there's no way they are spending that much.
(I know WDI has a way of overcharging a bit....but that would be just a silly amount.)

aladdin2007

That depends on your definition of "advanced"; the HM is full of AAs, but none are as high quality as the Auctioneer at POTC.

TLM is being defined as somewhere between a traditional dark ride and POTC; the Ariel AAs will apparently be impressive, but the surrounding characters will be simpler moving figures. Also, with the clam-mobile setup, the entire ride doesn't have to be elaborately themed—just the side Guests see.

Nevertheless, this will be a solid addition to the MK, and the show building will be much better than the one in DCA.

Sounds good, I mean its gotta be better than nemo hopefully. Although I was kinda hoping for haunted mansion style where the vehicles have 360 atmosphere. but its sounding a little more like nemo in that you only face one direction for the most part.....The dca building is looking gigantic in pictures, but I guess ours will have a better design.

Mr. Morrow

I'm just quoting miceage. So you would be calling shenanigans on Al who says it is an E and it cost 100 million. Looking at the building structure, and knowing it will have audio-animatronics I can believe he is telling the truth. Just ask yourself, how many D tickets have advanced animatronics? Not even the Haunted Mansion does. Just sayin'.

Yes why would WDI say it is D if it is not?

brettf22

Premium Member
I'm just quoting miceage. So you would be calling shenanigans on Al who says it is an E and it cost 100 million.

Actually, that article on MiceAge with the scene breakdown and "E-ticket" claim is simply quoting the LA Times Daily Travel and Deals blog. So Al isn't claiming anything.

Enchantâmes

Sounds good, I mean its gotta be better than nemo hopefully. Although I was kinda hoping for haunted mansion style where the vehicles have 360 atmosphere. but its sounding a little more like nemo in that you only face one direction for the most part.....The dca building is looking gigantic in pictures, but I guess ours will have a better design.
... If you actually looked at the videos and announcments for the making of the ride they say the clams will rotate 360 degrees and even the concept art shows that.

jt04

Actually, that article on MiceAge with the scene breakdown and "E-ticket" claim is simply quoting the LA Times Daily Travel and Deals blog. So Al isn't claiming anything.

Yeah when I went back I saw that. It is still an E from what I see. I agree with the LA Times. Possibly a first. :lol:

As for the 360 degree sets, I think it really depends. Nemo is an example of a non 360 that I think is very effective. I'm not referring to the length or content but the fact that they are able to produce effects that are not as easily rendered if you can see all around you. Such as special projectors and the like. I have confidence in Lasseter and Imagineering on this one and I think it will prove a step forward and not status quo. Similar to the way TSMM suprised people. It's popularity has not diminished. Even though there was a ton of criticism before it opened over not having traditional dark ride set pieces.

cheezbat

No matter what I hear, this thing is a D ticket attraction in my opinion. It just doesn't have enough, nor is it really all that big to be considered an E. And if the Imagineers are saying its a D, then it's a D.

JohnLocke

I don't see why many are against a good deal of the FLE. It seems like it will be really fun and add a bunch of space to what's probably the most cramped section of the park. Moving Dumbo alone, should help thin things out a little back there. I do think it would be for the best if PH was scrapped and hopefully changed into some kind of attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom