Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

Mr. Morrow

This is perfect. I've never bought into Dumbo fitting the overall FF backstory. Either off MSUSA or DHS makes much better sense for Dumboland.

Ultimately I'd like to see an E-Ticket version of the PPF concept (with the current version then being closed) to anchor PH. PPF with modern technology could be a real challange to potter. Then bring in Alice (Tim Burton version) to the barnstormer and the area vacated by Dumbo and that would be nearly a perfectly themed land. No, it would be perfect.

How in gods name does Dumbo fit in MSUSA, this has to be the worst idea I have ever heard.

Lee

Adventurer
Now in this retheming of the Barnstormer I heard there would be fire effects and clown animatronics hurling pies at you while you speed by. Is there any truth to this Clown Alley rumor?

Ummm....as cool as that sounds, I know of no plans for flying baked goods nor fire being added to Barnstormer.:lol:

jt04

How in gods name does Dumbo fit in MSUSA, this has to be the worst idea I have ever heard.

Dumbo is Americana.

As the traveling circus it will be themed as, which were gaining popularity early last century in the states. Yet not so much in Europe. At least ones utilizing Americana. There is a perfect area east of the town square. Or it could fit DHS also or CMM if they intend to keep that land.

FF needs a cohesive backstory. Dumboland will destroy that potential.:brick:

Mr. Morrow

Dumbo is Americana.

As the traveling circus it will be themed as, which were gaining popularity early last century in the states. Yet not so much in Europe. At least ones utilizing Americana. There is a perfect area east of the town square. Or it could fit DHS also or CMM if they intend to keep that land.

FF needs a cohesive backstory. Dumboland will destroy that potential.:brick:

lol because the cirrcus would go so well with MSUSA. Dumbo has been in FL since day one, to have it anywhere else is just stupid.

Lee

Adventurer
Which is the theming equivalent of putting the flying carpets in Adventureland.

:hurl:

Not even close.
That end of the expansion will not be part of the forest, but rather a circus-themed sub-section.
It'll work fine.

Dumbo plopped down between Aurura's coloring party and Mermaid would be the equivalent of the carpets in AL.

jt04

Not even close.
That end of the expansion will not be part of the forest, but rather a circus-themed sub-section.
It'll work fine.

Dumbo plopped down between Aurura's coloring party and Mermaid would be the equivalent of the carpets in AL.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think the FF has amazing potential. Dumboland is shortsighted and unimaginative as part of the retheme/expansion. It would not have passed muster in the early days of Imagineering IMO. But backstory and comprehensive theming integrity ain't what they used to be. Sad. Something has been lost within TWDC. No doubt it involves budgets.

Mr. Morrow

We will have to agree to disagree. I think the FF has amazing potential. Dumboland is shortsighted and unimaginative as part of the retheme/expansion. It would not have passed muster in the early days of Imagineering IMO. But backstory and comprehensive theming integrity ain't what they used to be. Sad. Something has been lost within TWDC. No doubt it involves budgets.

Or Dumbo is the most popular attraction and they want to double the capacity :brick:

71jason

lol because the cirrcus would go so well with MSUSA.

It would actually mesh a lot better than plastic hoola hoops.

The early 20th Century was the golden age of traveling tent circuses, and as JT says, they are Americana (at least the type of circus depicted in Dumbo). I wouldn't want it right along MSUSA, but I think an off-shoot from MSUSA fits a lot better than being in a pseudo-medieval, vaguely European village.

Of course, I doubt there's space to do that, but still an interesting idea.

Mr. Morrow

It would actually mesh a lot better than plastic hoola hoops.

The early 20th Century was the golden age of traveling tent circuses, and as JT says, they are Americana (at least the type of circus depicted in Dumbo). I wouldn't want it right along MSUSA, but I think an off-shoot from MSUSA fits a lot better than being in a pseudo-medieval, vaguely European village.

Of course, I doubt there's space to do that, but still an interesting idea.

Well isn't half of FL still going to have a midevil fair theme, why can't a traveling cricus be visiting FF?

jt04

So the ocean in the middle of the forrest makes sense but the circus does not????

No it doesn't. Dig deeper. Think about it. Look at the artwork. They are on the verge of something great. Dumbo is American folklore. It turns great potential into not so great.

Mr. Morrow

No it doesn't. Dig deeper. Think about it. Look at the artwork. They are on the verge of something great. Dumbo is American folklore. It turns great potential into not so great.

I see a treveling circus that is visits FF I think it is fine.

jt04

Or Dumbo is the most popular attraction and they want to double the capacity :brick:

I don't have a problem with Dumboland. In fact I like it. I just hate they are shoehorning it into the FL expansion. Actually hate is too mild a word.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

The new Dumbo area is just fine. It is on the edge and will fit perfectly fine with everything else being done.

You have to remember that the original Dumbo was done in the past, and it doesn't really seem that a very good job was made of it back then. The new version will be a considerable improvement.

And what is going on with your new attitude? When you constantly argued with Epcot Explorer and co you would take the positive outlook on everything, and now they are gone you take the negative on everything. Are you just looking for an argument and to flamebait?

Biff215

And what is going on with your new attitude? When you constantly argued with Epcot Explorer and co you would take the positive outlook on everything, and now they are gone you take the negative on everything. Are you just looking for an argument and to flamebait?

I was thinking the same thing. This can't be the same JT who defended TDO to the bitter end over PI, but now complains about one attraction in a couple hundred million dollar expansion? What are these boards coming to? :hammer:

lebeau

If Walt would plop the Matterhorn down between FL and TL at DL, I don't think he'd have a problem with a Dumbo-themed circus existing right outside an enchanted princess forrest.

DisneyNut2007

I was thinking the same thing. This can't be the same JT who defended TDO to the bitter end over PI, but now complains about one attraction in a couple hundred million dollar expansion? What are these boards coming to? :hammer:

I agree.

But then again, this forum has been heading south for years.

JT, go back to defending Disney, knowing that backstories and comprehensive theming are not dead at Disney! :mad:

As for you, Lee and TP2000, no more FLE-bashing, please! Your merciless and irrational criticisms of that expansion and of WDW in general have already gone well beyond the point of being annoying. Get it through your thick skulls that your credibility has already gone down the drain! :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom