Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

The_CEO

You know Epcot, your right!

I come on from a nap and lord and behold, some little punk posts like 5 screencaps of it!

That's robbing people of their freedom almost. It is worse than a video because people didnt have the choice to look.. Kind of forced..

He's banned, lets move on.

Captain Hank

Well, I broke down and viewed the videos. Over the past couple of years, I've been trying very hard to keep my expectations realistic, and it seems to have paid off. E:E, from just watching the videos looks to be a great attraction, and I can't wait to ride it. Does it appear to be the attraction to end all attractions? Nope. But I wasn't expecting it to be. However, it looks to be a high quality attraction, and a great asset to Animal Kingdom.

Keep in mind that the videos both include long periods of darkness, where it is impossible to tell exactly what is going on. Also, the video, while decent, is not anywhere near fully indicative of the full experience of the attraction. WDI looks to have done a great job with this attraction. When all of the elements come together from the queue theming, to the motion, to the (rumored) temperature fluctuations in the mountain I think it will amount to a full and complete ride experience. Would this have been the attraction that I'd have come up with? Nope, but then, I'm not an Imagineer (though I really like Lee's ideas). Please, please, please, please, please don't let this video be the determining factor as to whether or not you will ride the attraction.

P.S. Take it from a Biology student with an interest in Ornithology: The bird looks about right. Birds in high altitudes rarely flap their wings, in order to save energy. Keep in mind that the Himalayas are a very cold place, and any organism needs to conserve as much energy as possible, due to limitations in food availability and the need to supply lots of body heat. Birds in these altitudes catch the strong mountain winds and glide around, which saves energy that would otherwise be used for the complex muscle contractions used in flight. Though it may not be as engaging as you might like, it is biologically correct, and they were going for realism.

Captain Hank

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Maybe there was another picture and it was deleted, but I hope you aren't talking about the one I posted a couple pages ago at this Link:

http://yensidtlaw1969.tripod.com/sitename/id21.html

because I used Chewbacca in place of the yeti so not to ruin the suprise for anyone.

Though if there was a pic of the real yeti posted I do not know of it.

Yensid "Insert-Chewbacca-noises-here" tlaw1969
Yeah, there was a pic of the real Yeti on here a bit ago.

yensidtlaw1969

Was it a pic from the videos or was it something we haven't seen yet? If the latter, any way someone could PM it to me :wave: :D ?

Yensid "watched-the-video" tlaw1969

maxime29

Premium Member
So no one wants to debate whether AK is still gonna be a half day park?

Maybe it will take half a day just to get on the ride. :D

elpirataman

LOL, I am sure it will still be a Half-Day park for peeps like me and all the Disney Fans that go often. For others I am sure they will use all the time to go see the shows and go on EE! But now you have a reason to go later in the evening then Early in the morning like my Family.

yensidtlaw1969

elpirataman said:
Yensid was it you who had the Anit-EE-video Sig or someone else?
Must've been someone else. the only change I made to my sig recently was adding the "It's not a roller coaster, it's an ADVENTURE!" quote.

I really like that quote elpirataman:D .

Yensid "like-somethin'-is-brewin'-,-about-to-begin-.-.-." tlaw1969

EpcotServo

maxime29 said:
So no one wants to debate whether AK is still gonna be a half day park?

Maybe it will take half a day just to get on the ride. :D
Well, It'll help....but it won't solve the problem. It will keep people in DAK longer, because alot of people will want to ride it again.

elpirataman

EpcotServo said:
Well, It'll help....but it won't solve the problem. It will keep people in DAK longer, because alot of people will want to ride it again.

Just to crap in their pants time after time after time they see that Crap dropping Yeti LOL!

PigletIsMyCat

Man. 30 pages. And I just read them all. For no reason. I have no life.

Although I'm glad that idiot with the Yeti pic got banned. I innocently clicked on the 'what's this a pic of?' thread. Not cool!!! I can't wait to ride E:E!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom