Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

MuRkErY

Exactly Connor.

I wont get to ride EE till Summer 2007, when i hopefully get on the College program. So I'm very interested in what this thread has to say.

goofyfan13

Excellent post Supermatt!

That's a big thing I noticed in the videos, because of the going in and out the mountain, there was a lot of focusing required on the camera. I think your post summed it up perfectly, especially since you have been on the ride(I ENVY you by the way).

People, please stop judging a ride by a low-quality video. I don't know how good it is, you don't know how good the ride is. Wait till you ride it before you say it sucks, or it's the best ride ever created. I personally am looking forward to it, and hopefully I won't be let down, but the only people I see saying the ride sucks are ones who haven't been on it yet.

It's like trying to write a review for a new movie by just watching a 30 minute teaser trailer.

Legacy

Budahman said:
I've been noticing on Disney boards everywhere, that alot of people love EE already and even so before any videos came about, so my question is....

Has anyone seen the videos of the EE ride thru- and been dissapointed in what they saw.?

Personally, I think it looks cool, but also can see that is has been alittle OVER HYPED as well.
Huh, my opinion might change when I ride it - hopefully on my Feb 1-5th trip I can jump on it.?
:wave:

It does seem a bit over-hyped. But then again... a lot of theme/amusement park stuff in general is over-hyped so whatever.

dxwwf3

Nobody can overhype quite like Disney. It's almost an art form that they have mastered. Actually I can only think of a few attractions that lived up to the hype, for me.

And after buying their line for Mission Space and being completely disappointed after the first ride (My first words: That was it?), I'm starting to learn how to control my expectations and excitement.

darthdarrel

Is it just me? Or does EE seem to be a shorter ride then Big Thunder Mountain? I don't know I am certainly going to ride it when I get to Orlando and I am sure I will love it.:wave:

Legacy

darthdarrel said:
Is it just me? Or does EE seem to be a shorter ride then Big Thunder Mountain? I don't know I am certainly going to ride it when I get to Orlando and I am sure I will love it.:wave:
That was my immediate thought... "Seems short." And I really hope that the opening "forest" section something going on because the actual coaster aspect seemed less thrilling then the Barnstormer...

darthdarrel

Legacy said:
That was my immediate thought... "Seems short." And I really hope that the opening "forest" section something going on because the actual coaster aspect seemed less thrilling then the Barnstormer...
Exactly!
But I am sure I will still like it:wave:

stitchcastle

yeah the coaster aspect of this ride is hardly anything special. But the Yeti AA looks just so real...there's gotta be more Yeti interaction! like make him throw rocks at us or something. I don't think everest should be enjoyed as a roller coaster, it should be all about the Yeti! The ride looks great, can't wait to actually ride it. I'm pretty sure, considering how small things always look from videos, The Yeti is gonna be really large and imposing.

darthdarrel

stitchcastle said:
yeah the coaster aspect of this ride is hardly anything special. But the Yeti AA looks just so real...there's gotta be more Yeti interaction! like make him throw rocks at us or something
actually King kong on the king Kong ride at Universal seemed more real like then what I saw on the video, but then you only see the yeti for a split second.

stitchcastle

you have to be there to truly experience it I think. videos make things smaller than they actually are or would seem to be in real life (just look at videos of Illuminations or Cinderella Castle) i'm letting my head fill in the gaps, that split second encounter is gonna be worth the boring coaster.

dxwwf3

darthdarrel said:
actually King kong on the king Kong ride at Universal seemed more real like then what I saw on the video, but then you only see the yeti for a split second.

The It's A Small World Dolls are more realistic than Kong from Kongfrontation and Jaws from Jaws. I hope you are exaggerating.

darthdarrel

dxwwf3 said:
The It's A Small World Dolls are more realistic than Kong from Kongfrontation and Jaws from Jaws. I hope you are exaggerating.
LOL! Well you don't see much of the yeti cause you are going to fast.
but yes I thought Kong in Kongfrontation was very lifelike :)

goofyfan13

One thing I wish they would have done differently, is the speed of the lift and general feel. They should have made it feel older. Like have the train move slower, make more creaking sounds/more rickety. Maybe even have the bridge sway a little like it is having a hard time holding the weight...

Just an idea.

Goodeone

Alright, so I broke down and watched the video...shoot me. I'm from Canada and most likely won't get to ride Everest until aprox. February 2007, over a year from now, so I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to not get the ride spoiled.

I've watched the first video once and that's hopefully all I'm going to do...ever. It was great seeing what the ride is going to be like, but I'm also very happy that the video wasn't overly clear and that I missed alot of stuff because alot of things will still seem like a surprise or at least ALOT better than in the video. So in short the video gives you a quick taste without ruining too much.

Everest looks simply amazing and I can't wait until my next family vacation to the World where I'll have MANY new rides to go on (basically everything from PhilharMagic forward).

peter11435

stitchcastle said:
yeah the coaster aspect of this ride is hardly anything special.

No offense, but you haven't been on the coaster yet. While you may very well be correct I would hold off on going that far. What you are really saying is that your computer chair is nothing special because in actuality that’s all you have ridden.

Shaman

This is a VERY strange thread. *shrugs*

I saw both videos, and enjoyed getting an idea of what to expect...sure it doesn't live up to what I imagined EE to be...but I have an over-active imagination...:lol:.... I'm still really excited about riding EE, and don't feel that watching the video affected me in any way....

Thanks for the videos! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom