Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Nice videos. Our family consists of 4 with a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old, so we are postponing any trips to the World until '08 (trying to convince myself that it gives us lots of time to plan). However, due to the length of time until the next trip I decided to look at the videos. Very nice. I think the silhouette effect looks very well done. The first video gives you the best view of the Yeti if you go frame by frame. I don't see how you can judge the roller coaster part of the ride especially since so much of it is in the dark. I can't wait to ride it!!!

SirGoofy

I have to respond to all the people saying that the coaster portion doesn't seem to thirlling. I agree that it doesn't look like it will make me yell or overly-thrill me, I don't think it was supposed to do that. This is a Disney coaster! Were you expecting something like The Hulk over at IOA? They want this thing to be a huge draw for everybody, and it wouldn't be that if it was a supercoaster. I personally think it looks more thrilling than any of the other mountains. Plus it's supposed to suck you into the theming.

CaptainMichael

SirGoofy said:
I have to respond to all the people saying that the coaster portion doesn't seem to thirlling. I agree that it doesn't look like it will make me yell or overly-thrill me, I don't think it was supposed to do that. This is a Disney coaster! Were you expecting something like The Hulk over at IOA? They want this thing to be a huge draw for everybody, and it wouldn't be that if it was a supercoaster. I personally think it looks more thrilling than any of the other mountains. Plus it's supposed to suck you into the theming.
I agree. I would rank it as second most-thrilling coaster at Walt Disney World with Rock N' Roller Coaster being first.

elpirataman

Remember it's not supposed to be portrayed as a RollerCoaster, but an ADVENTURE!

I just LOVE how that sounds and I can't stop saying that LOL!

Forgive me if it annoys you.

Tim G

elpirataman said:
Remember it's not supposed to be portrayed as a RollerCoaster, but an ADVENTURE!

I just LOVE how that sounds and I can't stop saying that LOL!

Forgive me if it annoys you.

FYI...

WDI Never calls a coaster a coaster, always something like Mine train, Fast Cars, RunAway train etc. etc..

peter11435

Corrus said:
FYI...

WDI Never calls a coaster a coaster, always something like Mine train, Fast Cars, RunAway train etc. etc..
Well, except for Rock'n Roller Coaster. Although I guess thats a really fast limo.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
lost in all this is that the level of interest/debate generated by a quicktime video shows a level of anticipation for EE that is through the roof.

elpirataman

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
I hope the adventure gets better in person. elpirataman I hope your right. That quote you had before was amazing. The one that YED put in his sig.

Awwwww shucks, WDWMagic has made me feel at Home! I am just glad that I can share my opinion with everyone.

And for both of our sakes, I hope it is good as I say too. LOL!

EpcotServo

I posted this elsewhere, but for those of you reading this thread I'll say it again. I was able to ride today,(Amazing ride) and the video really gives a poor impression of a great great ride. Don't let a blurry video fool you....this ride alone is worth the price of admission for DAK . :D

yensidtlaw1969

Ghostbuster626 said:
Is it a bad drop? I cant tell from the video. It looks more like a big curve rather then a true drop. Man I really hate drops :) .
Then you might want to think of it as a curve:D .

Yensid "the-double-helix-looks-cool" tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom