Expedition Everest effects status watch

SinginSarah

I know of a good stand-in for the yeti....

sweetums.jpg

natatomic

Just a little Everest update. The Yeti is of course still in B2 mode, but as of today, they are using A-mode lighting so that it is easier to see. While I like that I am no longer being asked by guests, "Where was the Yeti?" on a regular basis, I think the extra lighting makes it more obvious that the Yeti 1) is not moving and 2) has a very, very broken back. I'm torn, really. However, the bird on a stick has been working consistently for the past 2 weeks, so...um, there's that. Baby steps, I guess.

I have followed your campaign and applaud you all. The yeti definitely needs to be fixed... by August! I have been pregnant for the last 5 years and might finally be able to ride it for the first time then! :sohappy:

muse1983

Look I realize that a ton of work goes into something like a massive animatronic such as the Yeti. However I don't understand why they simply couldnt develop a new lighter Yeti animatronic, shut down EE for 2 weeks, properly install it, fix the very simple effects (steam etc) and re-open.

KJ1081

Just rode at about 11:00 AM. Bird on a stick was working and the Yeti looked better than I have seen it in years.

Really? Please elaborate! I'm heading down tomorrow and I've never seen him. Could someone please tell me where to look for him? I don't want to miss him this time around.

JML42691

There were lights on not just the strobe. He swooped His arm also.
Really?! I really hope this is true, can anybody else confirm it? I'm heading down mid-July and I would love to see this working again! But granted, it could have been a day where there were some big name execs in the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Really?! I really hope this is true, can anybody else confirm it? I'm heading down mid-July and I would love to see this working again! But granted, it could have been a day where there were some big name execs in the park.

Big named execs should not be privileged to effects that the everyday guest can not see. :mad:

That means the are getting a warped sense of the average guest experience and therefore an inflated idea of the parks worth.

disneysroyal411

I'm going to the world in fifty-five days, I'll see how he is then. (I hope he scares me and he's in A mode) I think I know why he's not working. Maybe it's because the Kingdom Keepers got him out of his position and so what he was trapped in couldn't actually move and yah.(Sorry just thinking about they second Kingdom Keeper book, just finished they third)

JML42691

Big named execs should not be privileged to effects that the everyday guest can not see. :mad:

That means the are getting a warped sense of the average guest experience and therefore an inflated idea of the parks worth.
I feel the same way, it is completely unfair, but that's the reason I remember being mentioned for the random days when he was working in the past. Either way, they need to get him working again soon.

KaneMarko

Ok, I've been to the world once a year since 2006. And this year will be the first time going for the Christmas festivities. I haven't seen the yeti fully functional since 06. It'd be nice to have him at least halfway functioning towards the end of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom