Expedition Everest effects status watch

hokielutz

I'm not sure it will take a major closure. They're working on a second Yeti to replace the broken one, then they'll have on for back up should it break again. I'd imagine this swap wouldn't take more than a week or two, unless they want to do other fixes at the same time.

What... a new Yeti?? when was this announced?

Todd L

Ill be there with my family in 2 weeks and this is the Ride my daughter most wants to get on. I really hope its at least running. I can live with the broken yeti just let us get on the ride.

PhilharMagician

Also no steam effect at the loading station and it was cold out and we really could have used the heat.

No mist effect at the top. It was working earlier this year.

One of the water falls was not running.

Besides that that ride was going round.

adrianuk91

Can I just say that the 3rd time we rode EE I think it was on the 28th Oct we experienced a new sensory experience, just when you have gone backwards and are waiting for the track to change and there was a striking smell about the air at that point on the ride which we think was a protein spill as while we were waiting in line on of the trains was rushed through empty and sat at I presume where all the trains go to bed at night and just before this happened a woman had walked across the loading platform telling the CMs that there had been a protein spill on one of the trains. lol so yeah when we we going round there was no mistaking where the protein spill had been. Just thought I'd give you an extra effect to watch out for lol.

PhilharMagician

Can I just say that the 3rd time we rode EE I think it was on the 28th Oct we experienced a new sensory experience, just when you have gone backwards and are waiting for the track to change and there was a striking smell about the air at that point on the ride which we think was a protein spill as while we were waiting in line on of the trains was rushed through empty and sat at I presume where all the trains go to bed at night and just before this happened a woman had walked across the loading platform telling the CMs that there had been a protein spill on one of the trains. lol so yeah when we we going round there was no mistaking where the protein spill had been. Just thought I'd give you an extra effect to watch out for lol.

Thankfully that effect was also broken when I was there. :lol:

Jaytrod

Just got back from my trip yesterday. Went on Everest twice on the 15th (only 20 min wait both times :D). A stationary yetti was there accompanied by a sorry strobe light and a smoke machine :(. Still love the ride tho :sohappy:

Ralphlaw

I just rode EE last week, and the yeti wasn't moving. Also, the strobe was so quick that you barely even saw him. Truly the unique climax of the ride was lost. Very disappointing compared to the arm that came swooping at me two years ago. They stuck a ton of money into a working yeti, and it must be driving Joe Rohde crazy that the thing doesn't work.

I'm not an engineer, but how difficult can it really be to at least get an arm to move a few feet every 15 or 20 seconds? Sure, coordinating the more complex series of original movements might be a challenge, but just swooping the arm should be relatively simple. Cranes and excavators do this kind of movement all the time. It wouldn't even need to be timed to the roller coaster to be better than what they have now. Just swing it back and forth every few seconds to give some feeling of movement.

Honestly, the strobe light effect is pathetic by comparison. They could have put up a fur-covered cardboard cutout to get the same effect with a barely blinking strobe light. Any explanations as to why a better fix is not forthcoming?

Ralphlaw

I rode it on November 12, 2008, and it was not working, just the strobes. If they fixed it in the last 9 days, I'm impressed. But I will not fill my pants . . . again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom