Expedition Everest effects status watch

hokielutz

I have never seen this stated before. Where did this information come from? Can anyone confirm this?

Someone a few months ago... posted that foundation cracks developed for the structure that holds the Yeti up. So the foundation needed to be fixed before the Yeti could be allowed to resume its normal range of motion.

Someone else posted this in another thread a while ago, but I can't remember/find where it originated from. This would make sense for why it has not been in full use for a long period of time.

Brian Noble

Can you tell I`ve never seen A Mode??
That's really a shame---it makes a big difference to that scene. I think I've only seen A and C. My next trip is February; perhaps then I'll see B (or whatever else they cook up). But, if this foundation thing is true, A might be gone for a long long time.

EpcotServo

We just got back 2 days ago and my hubby said that EE was running slower than he remembered. (I couldn't ride due to being pregnant so I can't tell you first hand) My nephew had never been on it before and said it was slower than he expected...given Stacy's Top 10 had it in it and it looked fast.

Trains run slower/faster depending on the weight/heat/time of day.

Just be glad it didn't valley in the Byron Curve.
:lol:

tractorm3

well, I have herd the rumor from many sources that the yeti is down for no set amount of time. I was able to chat with a worker that was comming out of EE and he told me that the EE ride has 3 seperate structures. The mountain being one, the roller coaster track being another and out friend mr. yeti has his own which many of you know. wHEN THE BUILT THE RIDE ALL THREE HAD TO BE CONTRUCTED at the same time in close quarters with one another. In order to repair and fortify the yeti's base would require major work to get in there and fix it. more that its worth. So there are many strong rumors saying the yeti will never be back to his original glory

Disneychild92

A mode is where the yeti has full movement and swings at your cart.

b mode is where the yeti has no movement and there is only a strobe light illuminating it

im sure when i went in novemeber it was in b mode cuz that was the whole reason i went on that ride was to see the yeti after i watched a documentry on it. it was still good tho

Chape19714

As of Saturday:

Yeti in C (strobe no movement)

Front Waterfall Working

Back waterfall not working

No Bird

Steam in Load working.

DisneyImagine

When I rode EE in July, at the part where it goes backwards in the dark, I noticed that I could see part of the mountain's internal steel structure very dimly lit.

Has anyone else noticed this while they were riding it?

Since1976

I have yet to ride Everest, but a few of my friends have recently. Many of their reactions boiled down to "That's it?"

I gotta wonder whether the (unbeknownst to them) broken state of the Yeti was to blame

EpcotServo

As of September 19th:

-Peak Mist: Not Working

-Steam: Working

-Waterfall A: Working

-Waterfall B: Not Working

-Shadow of the Yeti: Working

-Yeti: B-Show.

However, the SECOND time I rode the ride in the afternoon, a worklight was on in the caverns behind the Yeti, proof that they ARE working on the Yeti. Those lights would not be on unless someone was inside the Yeti's tech area and structure.

RSoxNo1

In a thread in the Rumors section someone posted that they speculate effects will be working Saturday night. Anyone know anything about this?

WDWFanatic

When I rode EE in July, at the part where it goes backwards in the dark, I noticed that I could see part of the mountain's internal steel structure very dimly lit.

Has anyone else noticed this while they were riding it?

Well you know how every time joe rhode is interviewed he tells how the three parts of the attraction (building, yeti, rollercoaster) can not touch eachother or the space time continuum will explode. so they got to leave some gaps for expansion i suppose.

MKCP 1985

In a thread in the Rumors section someone posted that they speculate effects will be working Saturday night. Anyone know anything about this?

I think you are referring to my ;) post. To explain, there is an Everest race after park hours on Saturday night. If it is anything like the pin event, there will be appearances by the Yeti. In fact, the promotional materials promise that "only a few will escape the Yeti." The working Yeti at the race is likely to resemble these fellows, as photographed by zapperz at the Everest event for pin traders:

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

Any similarity to any Yeti appearances on Saturday night and the Yeti inside the mountain is purely coincidental.

:lol:

Sorry to get your hopes up. :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Well you know how every time joe rhode is interviewed he tells how the three parts of the attraction (building, yeti, rollercoaster) can not touch each other or the space time continuum will explode. so they got to leave some gaps for expansion i suppose.
I think she is referring to the backwards section. If you look to the left or right, you can see below you into other "areas" of the attraction. Tarps or some other cheap method of covering that from below etc would be nice.... but id rather them get the Yeti fixed first and then the waterfalls. What inthe world is complex about a water feature that would make it not be working this much. Someone please inform me.

hack2112

As of 9/28/08:

Peak Mist: Not Working

Steam: Working

Waterfall A: Working

Waterfall B: Not Working

Shadow of the Yeti: Working

Yeti: B-1 mode (Moving head and hand very slightly)

Red Eyes: Working

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom