- Yeti not working - (B mode)
- Front waterfall working
- Rear waterfall not working
- Bird not working
- Load steam working
- Mountain top mist not working
- Projection working

On Aug 17

-Some movement from Yeti...still had strobe on him.
-Load steam not working.

:(

Peabody

8-22-08

Call me crazy, but I think the Yeti may have a new "show" since he's going to be down for so long. (As I saw rumored I think on here.)

Every time I've seen him (which is always B mode) he was almost impossible to see through a few flashes. In fact I wondered if those who didn't know him would miss him.

Friday the strobes were still on, but he was also dimly lit. In addition, his red-eyes lit up (which was not the case before). And, call me crazy, I think his head might have moved , but there was clearly no "lunging" to his body. While this doesn't compare to video I've seen of the "A" mode, this was much better then what I saw before!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday the strobes were still on, but he was also dimly lit. In addition, his red-eyes lit up (which was not the case before). And, call me crazy, I think his head might have moved , but there was clearly no "lunging" to his body. While this doesn't compare to video I've seen of the "A" mode, this was much better then what I saw before!

There are some variations on the B mode, and liek you, I have seen it range from almost totally pitch black, to much more strobe, and much more visible.

We really need that A mode back. Its such a key part of the story, and was hyped so much, that it needs to be fixed ASAP. I really dont see what the problem is. We dont see other AA's down for so long. When was the last time the Witch in the GMR was down, or the auctioneer in pirates - it jsut doesnt happen. For some reason, presumably because its a coaster, AK doesnt seem to see the show as priority.

RSoxNo1

Actually there are only 4 trains running. The fifth train is in for rehab until the holiday season, and the yeti may not be back until December. They are currently testing an alternate show to replace the yeti while he's down.

By "the yeti may not be back" do you mean back in A mode, or has it been removed for a short period of time?

kc1296426

Actually there are only 4 trains running. The fifth train is in for rehab until the holiday season, and the yeti may not be back until December. They are currently testing an alternate show to replace the yeti while he's down.
Are you sure? I'm definitely positive that they were running 5 trains the days that I went to DAK during the summer. I didn't ask any CM's, but I was being very 'observent' of what was going on... I put two and two together and thought that there was 5 trains running: One in the load station, one in the unload, one up the first lift/big lift, one going down big drop/going through the upward helixes, and another going through the projection room with the yeti or the first part with the ripped up tracks. If I'm wrong then sorry about providing the wrong information (Epcotservo), but it's just a smart guess on how many trains they were running. :wave:

Train 5 was dismantled for rehab at the end of July. it is scheduied to return in October. the yeti has recieved some enhanced lighting while he is being worked on in B2 show. he currently has limited movement to his head and hands. WDI is currently working on an alternate show similar to the shadow of the yeti if the work takes longer than the holiday season. which they would place a black screen in front of the yeti while they work on him. which would project a yeti jumping at the trains.

glendroid

A mode is where the yeti has full movement and swings at your cart.

b mode is where the yeti has no movement and there is only a strobe light illuminating it

SirGoofy

A mode is where the yeti has full movement and swings at your cart.

b mode is where the yeti has no movement and there is only a strobe light illuminating it

Actually the Yeti has 3 modes (as told to me by an Imagineer).

A) Full movement

B) Strobe with limited movement

C) Strobe no movement

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually the Yeti has 3 modes (as told to me by an Imagineer).

A) Full movement

B) Strobe with limited movement

C) Strobe no movement

Yep you are right there are 3 modes. For most people though, its either working (A) or not working (B). Its currently in B for far far too long. I know people who have been to Everest on 3 trips over a year, and STILL havn't seen it in A mode.

mikeb_86

sounds like Everst needs its first rehab!!! Maybe in Jan 2009 when its not crounded thay should rehab it. When my dad whent on it last year the yeti was in b mode!!!

Disneykidder

We just got back 2 days ago and my hubby said that EE was running slower than he remembered. (I couldn't ride due to being pregnant so I can't tell you first hand) My nephew had never been on it before and said it was slower than he expected...given Stacy's Top 10 had it in it and it looked fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom